What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 2020 Eels v Dogs BankWest Stadium - Game Day Thread

All Teams do train for scrums in set positions. The things that annoys me is it slows the game down with the ref asking the captain where? And then all players moving to the spot. Then they have another 30 seconds to pack it.
I meant captain's challenge. Both used stupidly.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It's called a reshuffle. Happens every week when players get injured.
Reshuffles hurt your defence, and don't do much for your attack either. Flanagan won a premiership with Gerard Beale on the bench. In round 11 that year Leutele sat on the bench for 80 minutes in a narrow defeat of Manly.

Raudonikis won an Origin match without giving Aaron Raper a run.
Or when you are arguing a point
My point is that it's not the coaching fail you experts seem to think it is. What point are you trying to make?

Bazal

Post Whore
Reshuffles hurt your defence, and don't do much for your attack either. Flanagan won a premiership with Gerard Beale on the bench. In round 11 that year Leutele sat on the bench for 80 minutes in a narrow defeat of Manly.

Raudonikis won an Origin match without giving Aaron Raper a run.

My point is that it's not the coaching fail you experts seem to think it is. What point are you trying to make?

Brad Takairangi hurts your defence so that a moot argument

I didn't say it was or wasn't a coaching fail. I responded to an incorrect point.

If we lost an edge player, we already had a capable edge player on the bench. Everything else is Pouism

Kornstar

Coach
I am glad we won, it was ugly and plenty to approve on especially in attack.

The defensive attitude was good but once more match fit it needs to be better for the full 80 to compete with the true contenders.

It's hard to say whether the lack of rhythm in attack was due to the (pathetic) referees letting the dogs play exactly how they like and us not fighting hard enough or whether we are just that bad......time will tell.

The refs called 1 of at least 7 forward passes from the Dogs last night, it was like watching the Storm. I assume it is cause the Dogs halves are so shit that they need that advantage at the line to get a roll on.

I am still baffled over the penalty awarded to the Dogs when Lewis hadn't left the ground when he kicked the ball but because his leg was up it was "illegal" and then twice Moses was hit worse and they let it go..........they've already started the year extremely inconsistent.

I like the captains challenge and I think it will get better when the captains get a feel of when to and not to trust the players to challenge every dropped ball. I think it can truly take some clangers out of the game. It is worth the initial pain and calls that they unsuccessfully challenge for the relevant progress of the game.

I don't think there is any use criticising individual players in the first game of the year and also the Dogs bring that out in us too.

I know the coaching staff believe NBrown is the ball player we need in the back row so it is absolutely coached into the team for Brown to get the ball when he gets it but it may be the others around him not pushing up properly, it is not necessarily all on Brown.

Onto next week and we'll see if they are playing in front of a crowd.

eel01s

Bench
Can't believe Fergo was charged for a trip. He didn't stick out his leg, it was already planted. Also he used his arm to try and effect a tackle.

We should fight the charge as you never know when these prior offences will come back to add weeks to the next incident.

TheRam

Coach
We are having a cucumber growing competition. I have longer ones but Miks got these stumpy fat things growing.
You pick 5 of best and weigh them. Winner has the highest weight.

If we're talking cucumbers, I prefer the longer ones, but if we're not, I prefer the fat stumpy ones. :)