What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

WestyLife

First Grade
He admitted he was overweight and has lost weight that is a start.
Who else in the squad looks like they can create something from nothing? Pretty much any top side you need unpredictablity to beat

I'll believe it when I see it. I want to win games so if it comes true it's benefits me but recent history suggests otherwise

Iamback

Coach
I’m with you, I need to see him perform in Cup before I’d like to see him in our top 17.

I do love him though, I’m pumped he’s back.

In theory I agree. Reality is though options are very slim for that late game spark.

The Top 13 you posted is spot on. Garner for Hoskings aside but it is pretty basic. so either need some great set moves or an explosive bench in the 2nd half to be an elite side again

Luke Bowden

First Grade
In theory I agree. Reality is though options are very slim for that late game spark.

The Top 13 you posted is spot on. Garner for Hoskings aside but it is pretty basic. so either need some great set moves or an explosive bench in the 2nd half to be an elite side again
We won two premierships in a row, we don’t need to change anything.

Simple game plan executed well is the key

martielang

Bench

Yep I do agree with this. We have to evolve, and I do think we lack a bit of x factor whether that's an offloading big body or someone who can make something out of nothing ala prime peach.

I worry we're going to become a bit too one dimensional. Luai is going to have next to no space this year (compared to the last few) which may limit his involvement and impact, which will allow teams to rush Cleary all game which I thought St Helens did really well.

Black Panther

Juniors

I disagree, we do have to change a few things. We no longer have API at 9 nor do we have a match winner in Kikau lurking on the left. So yeah a few tweaks will have to be made to the way we play.

No one can replace the explosiveness of Kikau in our squad.

I disagree, we do have to change a few things. We no longer have API at 9 nor do we have a match winner in Kikau lurking on the left. So yeah a few tweaks will have to be made to the way we play.

In an at worst situation, move Yeo to the edge, but I know nought.
Give Hoskings a bit of time, he has had limited NRL games. Garner missed his first defensive assignment on the W/E, he is a no from me.
Start feeding Luke Summerton some of Pop Eye spinach , he seems to have the goods for 9.
Turava/T'oo against Oates/Cobbo might be a bit of an assignment, maybe Crichton to wing.

Blade23

Juniors

Agree. Need to play smarter.

Iamback

Coach

We have lost 2 very great attacking weapons,
Mitch Kenny has 1 career Try assist, Neither Garner or Hosking can come close to the impact Kiks had.

2 assistant coaches out the door too, perfect time to change it up even slightly

Iamback

Coach
Yep I do agree with this. We have to evolve, and I do think we lack a bit of x factor whether that's an offloading big body or someone who can make something out of nothing ala prime peach.

I worry we're going to become a bit too one dimensional. Luai is going to have next to no space this year (compared to the last few) which may limit his involvement and impact, which will allow teams to rush Cleary all game which I thought St Helens did really well.

Rushing us is what I can see coming, Looked very 2019 attack out there.

I remember early on 2020 Api making a few runs that got defence retreating. That got defences attention from that stage on we had so much space to kick teams to death

Blade23

Juniors
We have lost 2 very great attacking weapons,
Mitch Kenny has 1 career Try assist, Neither Garner or Hosking can come close to the impact Kiks had.

2 assistant coaches out the door too, perfect time to change it up even slightly

I agree with this. Even if the coaches had stayed. You need to keep evolving. Other clubs either start copying you or find ways to nullify what you are doing.

Iamback

Coach
He actually had his contract downgraded over the Summer to a trial-and-train. He was a Dev player.
What happens with him and a few others the next week will be interesting.

He was good on the weekend, held his own in All Stars too

Blade23

Juniors
Rushing us is what I can see coming, Looked very 2019 attack out there.

I remember early on 2020 Api making a few runs that got defence retreating. That got defences attention from that stage on we had so much space to kick teams to death

Good point. Api was crafty. What he did opposition teams had to worry about. With him gone they will concentrate on other players.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I maintain that we need to give Soni Luke a good shot. He’s a very crafty hooker.

Luke I totally agree.

On Saturday night Penrith ran into the teeth of the rain in the first half (is that correct)

Did the wind swing around (along with the rain) in the 2nd half. I was watching from home.

I also believe that Edwards was a huge loss for that game. Critta not being in the centre, obviously caused issues.

Then you add in Martin. He is perhaps one of the best attacking and defensive backrowers running around.

Kenny will be better for the run too.

MrBlack

Juniors
I think Turuva and Luke need to develop into our X Factor players (both have the ability to step up). Just might take some time.

Lui and Martin had excellent World Cups and will need to bring that form to the NRL this year.

I see Chrighton as a confidence player whose motivation may start to drift mentally. Will take good coaching to keep him up all year.

Latest posts