What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

Bob

Juniors
Too small for NRL and at 26 is done growing
I’d seriously give Luke Sommerton a shot, looked alright in the first trial, I particularly liked the fact he pick up and pass was smooth,off the ground like good hookers, not clunky like Kenny, I agree about Soni, I’ve always liked him as a player but a bit small,

I think we need to take a few risks,

First round of the comp? Where we are favourites? Having smashed all in our way last year?

Even if it was the right thing to do (which it isn’t), have you met Ivan? Elite coaches trust their processes and philosophies, and his is not to take risks or panic.

We lost to a very good football team last night; it’s super disappointing because I would have loved to win the game. But it definitely is not time to panic…

My Team

1.Dyls
2.Tito
3.Tago
4.Critter
5.Bizza
6.Romey
7.Clez
8.Mose
9.Kenny
10.Fish
11.Hoskins
12.Marto
13.Yeo

14.Luke
15.Sorro
16.Spencer
17.Salmon

18.Garne
19.Cogger
20.Lindsay Smith
21.Peachy

Also, where is Chris Smith… he’s always done a job for us.

I know Ivan will pick Garner, But I personally wouldn’t.
I think you are pretty close but I think Ivan showed his hand last night on who would play on the left edge. I can’t see Garner not starting there.

Hoskings falls out of the 17 altogether for me.

WestyLife

First Grade
Anyone relying on Peachey is interesting to me. He's been a shadow of his former self and even the old Panthers Peachey I wouldn't pin my hopes on.

Kilkenny

Coach
I think Luke Borden’s team a couple of posts ago will be the starting 17 or should be although can’t help feeling it will be Garner for Hosking.

Black Diamond

Juniors
Anyone relying on Peachey is interesting to me. He's been a shadow of his former self and even the old Panthers Peachey I wouldn't pin my hopes on.
What you say is right, however, he is back where he wants to be, he has been training hard and has shed several kgs. Most importantly, he loves the club and with that comes desire...anything is possible when your heart is in it.

Iamback

Coach
First round of the comp? Where we are favourites? Having smashed all in our way last year?

Even if it was the right thing to do (which it isn’t), have you met Ivan? Elite coaches trust their processes and philosophies, and his is not to take risks or panic.

We lost to a very good football team last night; it’s super disappointing because I would have loved to win the game. But it definitely is not time to panic…

Good teams evolve. Elite coaches do that.

Do you think the Roosters will play the same as last year with Brandon Smith in Hooker?

No where did I say we panic but we lost 2 very key players, Not to mention opposition does video and adapts a style to combat that.

2 reasons there why it is very hard to remain at the top for long. We have no hooker that does what Api does nor an edge like Kiks, So why play the same style?

We will have strong defence, Big back 3 getting us on the front foot. just need a few tweeks to cover what is lost.

Iamback

Coach

He admitted he was overweight and has lost weight that is a start.
Who else in the squad looks like they can create something from nothing? Pretty much any top side you need unpredictablity to beat

Iamback

Coach
I think Luke Borden’s team a couple of posts ago will be the starting 17 or should be although can’t help feeling it will be Garner for Hosking.

Garner has a bit more speed going for him, Maybe they use a set move getting him against tired defenders

Sime_11

Juniors
Garner will get the start as he has more NRL exp - Garner will be ok even though he was disappointing on the weekend.

Marto & Edwards returning to the team will do wonders

Latest posts