What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

Blade23

Juniors
I think Turuva and Luke need to develop into our X Factor players (both have the ability to step up). Just might take some time.

Lui and Martin had excellent World Cups and will need to bring that form to the NRL this year.

I see Chrighton as a confidence player whose motivation may start to drift mentally. Will take good coaching to keep him up all year.

Crichton will ok. When it comes to playing he is a pro. He will play for the boys.

Bob

Juniors
He actually had his contract downgraded over the Summer to a trial-and-train. He was a Dev player.
What happens with him and a few others the next week will be interesting.
why was he downgraded,

Caged Panther

First Grade
Scratch May from your sides. He has been ruled out for the season with an acl.

It was a pretty dodgy tackle that caused imo. Third man in when his momentum was stopped but went completely unpunished.

mxlegend99

Referee
Scratch May from your sides. He has been ruled out for the season with an acl.

It was a pretty dodgy tackle that caused imo. Third man in when his momentum was stopped but went completely unpunished.
I honestly though we were looking at a potential binning after the first replays of it. But the NRL deemed it to be fine. Only ended a players season. Not even worth a penalty.

Being it happened to Taylan May no one will care he's out for the year.

Blade23

Juniors
why was he downgraded,

Why did they down grade Riki? I reckon he goes good as seen in the Māori game.

Only so many spots. Other options were seen to be more ahead of him. I don't mean in just his position.

Also to give him an encouragement to fight for a spot.
I must say he has been very impressive since the downgrade.

Iamback

Coach
I agree with this. Even if the coaches had stayed. You need to keep evolving. Other clubs either start copying you or find ways to nullify what you are doing.

We saw it to an extent, teams going with a ball playing lock. Another off season for sides the get better at it and we come right back

mxlegend99

Referee
I agree with this. Even if the coaches had stayed. You need to keep evolving. Other clubs either start copying you or find ways to nullify what you are doing.
St Helens chose cannonball tackles at players knees to nullify what we're doing. Worked quiet well. Taylan May won't be busting tackles and scoring tries for us this year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
St Helens chose cannonball tackles at players knees to nullify what we're doing. Worked quiet well. Taylan May won't be busting tackles and scoring tries for us this year.

I felt the same way at the time.

Nasty horrible tackle........careless and likely (as in this case to cause major trauma and ijury to the knee.

I've said it a number of time. Klein had a very poor night, couple of head high tackles let go on Cleary. St Helens players not playing the ball correctly with the foot. Laying all over in the ruck. Skinny 10 meters, and offside at the beginning of extra time......

Yep I do agree with this. We have to evolve, and I do think we lack a bit of x factor whether that's an offloading big body or someone who can make something out of nothing ala prime peach.

I worry we're going to become a bit too one dimensional. Luai is going to have next to no space this year (compared to the last few) which may limit his involvement and impact, which will allow teams to rush Cleary all game which I thought St Helens did really well.
The WCC was really slow; both teams were able to lie in the ruck and slow it down. I like to see how we go under NRL conditions…

Black Panther

Juniors
If we have both TO’O and Turuva on the Wings this year we are asking for trouble. Teams will expose our small Wingers. Better off moving Crichton to the Wing and have either Jenkins or Turuva in the Centres IMO.

Latest posts