What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 1 Vs Brisbane

hindy111

Post Whore
Dunno why you'd have Turuva play centre over wing if you've watched him play there a bit? Makes really awful defence decisons at centre. Wing is a much easier position to make defensive decisions.

From the little I have seen of Turava I think he will have a few brain explosions early in career.

Original Name

Juniors
From the little I have seen of Turava I think he will have a few brain explosions early in career.
Just needs some time defending in the front line, not used to it. But you don't need to be that smart defensively to defend on a wing if your centre/half/backrower are good.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
So the alternative is be predictable then?
It’s a very long season mate, if Peachy plays himself into the team, so be it.

Our backline and forward pack is stacked with Superstars. Who are only going to get better than they were last year.

Ivan has had a long time to prepare for life without Api and Kiks. Playing Peachy seems bizarre to me at this point.

Iamback

Coach
It’s a very long season mate, if Peachy plays himself into the team, so be it.

Our backline and forward pack is stacked with Superstars. Who are only going to get better than they were last year.

Ivan has had a long time to prepare for life without Api and Kiks. Playing Peachy seems bizarre to me at this point.

How do they get the space they got last year but?

Is an opposition going to hang back off Garner/Hosking like they did Kiks? No chance they are rushing in to take Luai's space

If it is the last tackle, Kenny is hooker ( Who has a single try assist ) Teams will just head for the halves and pressure them.

So what worked before won't now due to roster changes, so picking the 17 based on the machine that was the 2021 and 2022 won't get the job done

Luke Bowden

First Grade
How do they get the space they got last year but?

Is an opposition going to hang back off Garner/Hosking like they did Kiks? No chance they are rushing in to take Luai's space

If it is the last tackle, Kenny is hooker ( Who has a single try assist ) Teams will just head for the halves and pressure them.

So what worked before won't now due to roster changes, so picking the 17 based on the machine that was the 2021 and 2022 won't get the job done

None of what you have said is the reason behind our success over the past two years.

We bully teams with relentless defence and tactical kicking. We suck the energy out of teams. Don’t worry about the loss of Kiks, we will find someone to fill that void.

The only question I have is surrounding Soni Luke’s fitness. If he can stay injury free, we are easy a top four team.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Watched the short of our PF v Souths last year on fox last night. I think we all underappreciate how good Kiks is/was for us. Might not be as damaging with the ball as he once was but has evolved his game to be a complete back rower with or without the ball.

Miss you Billy x
I’d be surprised if anyone under valued him, he’s a beast and in the right team he’s the best back rower in the game.

Iamback

Coach
None of what you have said is the reason behind our success over the past two years.

We bully teams with relentless defence and tactical kicking. We suck the energy out of teams. Don’t worry about the loss of Kiks, we will find someone to fill that void.

The only question I have is surrounding Soni Luke’s fitness. If he can stay injury free, we are easy a top four team.

The tactical kicking is a by product of time and space for the halves though. Time and space they won't have this year without some changes

Iamback

Coach
Why are they all of a sudden not going to have any time to kick?

We are going in circles.

no threat hooker
No Kikau to keep attract defenders.

Exactly what St Helens did the top teams will do, Rush the halves

Which in turn takes time and space away. It is why their needs to be x factor over Salmon on the bench

Luke Bowden

First Grade
We are going in circles.

no threat hooker
No Kikau to keep attract defenders.

Exactly what St Helens did the top teams will do, Rush the halves

Which in turn takes time and space away. It is why their needs to be x factor over Salmon on the bench
The halves were rushed because our forth tackle options were bad.

Dylan Edwards fast play the ball fixes that.

They also laid all over us in the ruck and were playing off a very skinny 10m

Last edited:

Latest posts