What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 16: Eels v Sea Eagles (Arthur Family Cup) GAME DAY THREAD

True, but if it’s a mental health thing, then maybe it’s none of our business?
True, if that's what's happening in this scenario. But there is precedent for other clubs sensitively handling but still announcing the absence of squad players on mental health grounds. They might call it leave to attend to personal affairs, or anything they like (and the awol player agrees to), but they still have indicated status - if only to stop speculation..

Gronk

Staff member
True, if that's what's happening in this scenario. But there is precedent for other clubs sensitively handling but still announcing the absence of squad players on mental health grounds. They might call it leave to attend to personal affairs, or anything they like (and the awol player agrees to), but they still have indicated status - if only to stop speculation..
Yeah but who on earth is speculating apart from you and @Gazzamatta ?

IFR33K

Coach
The frustrating point is Superman was very good in the centres at the back end of last year yet when the season starts hes back to the wing again.
Injurys have been a massive plus for our team this year. Seems a ridiculous statement but its forced our coach to use players neglected in the past who have proved their worth. If we are smart going forward these players will continue to be given opportunities post the return of our "guns" thereby keeping the entire squad fresh. It should keep the pressure on playing positions if picked on form not salary.
Asi and Hands getting their chance and proving their worth is huge for our prospects going forward. We may finally have a decent 14.

I hear what you’re saying.
Oggy, emu, hands, asi and I’m sure there’s others. These players have stood up when an injury gave them a chance.

only ja was selected many times for unknown reasons.

Delboy

First Grade
On a completely irrelevant matter, watched Reckless by Australian Crawl on Foxtel and put the sub titles up. At least it made some sense, might need to do that with each on of their songs , not Errol as Reyne doesn’t sing that one 🙄

Apologies to the footy heads ( like me 😜)

Yeah but who on earth is speculating apart from you and @Gazzamatta ?
I'm sure there's a lot of Eels fans wondering and discussing any player's apparent absence in any given week between themselves.

|I don't think I've speculated on what might be the case at all? Just wondering what the go is, and its impact on our squad and selections - and suggesting the club should clarify through available means on website (injury list, short leave announcement, retirement announcement, comings and goings list etc).

Have I really? Jake Arthur is an NRL level backup, proven right by his recruitment to Manly. And Hodgson is an experienced NRL dummy half, proven right by him starting every game he's been available.

The problem is you think every time we lose it proves all your whinging justified. But we haven't lost for over a month and your whinging is looking shaky again. Don't worry, we'll lose again before the season is up and you can go back to shitting on our club.
Too easy

Incorrect

Coach
On a completely irrelevant matter, watched Reckless by Australian Crawl on Foxtel and put the sub titles up. At least it made some sense, might need to do that with each on of their songs , not Errol as Reyne doesn’t sing that one 🙄

Apologies to the footy heads ( like me 😜)
Errol is such a great song. Love it so much. I had no clue until about 3 years ago that Reyne didn't do the vocals on that track. I was a bit young to have paid much attention when it first came out in the early 80's....

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he shouldn’t be on the list. He’s not a winger. The coach should be there for playing his there a few times.
Almost his entire career at Canberra was on the wing. He started at centre once in 2019. Also started a couple of games at fullback and came off the bench a few times.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I think if we didn't have as many injuries bushy would not have trusted all these players who are now giving good services.

I reckon maka, emu and co would have limited minutes.

It's the injuries which forced his hand and the players delivered and now he had faith in them.

Now he can use his bench more effectively as he has more trust in the bench
We are also flogging some ordinary teams of late so we can afford to give the bench more minutes.

JokerEel

Coach
Almost his entire career at Canberra was on the wing. He started at centre once in 2019. Also started a couple of games at fullback and came off the bench a few times.

He is doing well at Centre though I think he only goes to centre if we have injuries from now on...

Ice was also a middle and preferred it before coming to us and killing it on the edge.

crocodile

Bench
Errol is such a great song. Love it so much. I had no clue until about 3 years ago that Reyne didn't do the vocals on that track. I was a bit young to have paid much attention when it first came out in the early 80's....
Didn't do the vocals on 'Oh No Not You Again' either. They both belong to Guy McDonough ( Sadly died young ).

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I hear what you’re saying.
Oggy, emu, hands, asi and I’m sure there’s others. These players have stood up when an injury gave them a chance.

only ja was selected many times for unknown reasons.
He was selected to cover injury, same reason he was selected at Manly. You need to put the conspiracy theories away.

TheCrowe

Juniors
There may be something in that Rein didn’t want to go around again this year, he was approached to help the club out as they weren’t sure of Hodgson,s fitness and what other options we had. Obviously that was before Hands broke out, and they signed Luke , probably a quiet retirement is possibly the reason.

According to those who watch, Rein has not been at training for some time either.
Gone Fishin'