What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 4Team vs Penrith

Jodeci

Bench
I don't think Hoppa has a NRL FB game in him just yet. He needs to build his confidence and fitness first. I recall Bellyache saying that FB these days cover almost 10km per match (measured on GPS) at an average of 65% effort. Which means that you're running just under flat out for nearly 10kms.

You need to be very very fit to achieve that.

Fair point Gronk

Maybe wait a bit till he gets up to speed and then give it a go

ParraSteve

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Semi
3. Hopate
4 Tonga
5 Sio
6 Norman
7 Sandow
8 Mannah
9 Peats
10 Fui
11 Kelepi
12 Mau
13 Edwards

Res:
Gower
Terepo
Paulo
Paulo

T.S Quint

Coach
Storm coach.

Oh.
He's the one I wouldn't listen to.

18858086.jpg

Joely01

Bench
Loko is listed as "indefinite" on the Eels website.
I seem to remember someone saying something about round 10, but I might be thinking of a different player.

rd 10 is Mossop im pretty sure.

i actually think Loko is due back earlier.....

i may be very wrong though.

Joely01

Bench
So smith is definitely out?

Would mean more minutes for Tanginoa which is only a good thing....

eel01s

Bench
We would be the only team in the comp where our winger is our highest paid player

I really think Hoppa is best suited to the centres. He still isn't at peak strength, fitness, size or speed - but has been fantastic for us. Even when he does hot his peak, I think Hayne should still be fullback.

Hayne does not seem to be durable enough to play long term at 5/8.

Captain BF

Juniors
Hoppa to Toutai's wing and Morgan to center
Not having a crack at you specifically El D, but why would anyone put Morgan at centre in place of Hoppa who has been one of our best so far IMO? From memory, Morg's played on the wing in the 20's and only played in the centres in the last couple of seasons out of necessity due to our lack of depth.

El Diablo

Post Whore
Not having a crack at you specifically El D, but why would anyone put Morgan at centre in place of Hoppa who has been one of our best so far IMO? From memory, Morg's played on the wing in the 20's and only played in the centres in the last couple of seasons out of necessity due to our lack of depth.

he was a winger at Manly and Toutai has to go

Captain BF

Juniors
he was a winger at Manly and Toutai has to go
Yes, he was a winger at Manly and Toutai has to go, i agree but do you think moving Hoppa to the wing and putting Morgan in his place be weakening a strength (our centres) to strengthen a weakness (our wingers)? The way i look at it is to leave Hoppa at centre and replace Toutai with a player who is better in Morgan. I assume Hoppa has trained all summer at centre.

The Colonel

Immortal
So smith is definitely out?

Would mean more minutes for Tanginoa which is only a good thing....

Compound fracture to his hand. The chick that does the sideline for ABC described it as quite a nasty looking injury. He would need it pinned at least.

Latest posts