What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 6 vs Raiders - Team List Tuesday - The Papalii Papali'i Cup

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
I had to use a tube of ANUSOL during Easter stint. I was working 12hr days. 12days straight. A bit too much chilli and a sweaty anus along with ladder climbs just was not pleasant. The anus chaffed. Lucky I had a tube of anusol at home just incase.
Thanks for the tip. I'm off to Chemist Warehouse.

IFR33K

Coach
I didn't think it was an outrageous comment, but I personally didn't agree with this.

It implies that if we lose we'll just be making up the numbers for the rest of the season. I don't subsribe to the view that this one game is that important. I wouldn't write us off if we happened to lose.

Having said that, I do agree that it will be a big test. I wish I was still living down there. Would have loved to go.

You don’t have to agree with it. But let me ask you this. We haven’t won there in years. Why is that you think? A mental thing?

Our soft underbelly has been present for years now. Could a win in Canberra this Saturday, bring some confidence to the squad? Maybe give the team confidence knowing they overcame a bogey team?

I personally think a win would mean a lot more than the 2 points. Winning many away games last season was a good step in the right direction, but this is another hurdle the team must overcome IMO.

A loss this Saturday, IMO, would mean we’re still the same soft team. A team that wouldn’t handle semi final footy too well.

is that so outrageous?

IFR33K

Coach
Never will we win a comp while he is coach. Id put 10000s on that. His best is what we have seen. But I feel like making the finals is good for young players so when we flick him the next coaches hard work has been done.

I offered anybody here a $500 bet that we don’t win a Comp under BA. I had one take me up on the offer. I’m not convinced we can, and not even sure we’ll go any better than last year tbh.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
You don’t have to agree with it. But let me ask you this. We haven’t won there in years. Why is that you think? A mental thing?

Our soft underbelly has been present for years now. Could a win in Canberra this Saturday, bring some confidence to the squad? Maybe give the team confidence knowing they overcame a bogey team?

I personally think a win would mean a lot more than the 2 points. Winning many away games last season was a good step in the right direction, but this is another hurdle the team must overcome IMO.

A loss this Saturday, IMO, would mean we’re still the same soft team. A team that wouldn’t handle semi final footy too well.

is that so outrageous?
I already said that I didn't think it was outrageous.

I get what you are saying and agree to a point but I don't see it in exactly the same way.

hindy111

Post Whore
I didn't think it was an outrageous comment, but I personally didn't agree with this.

It implies that if we lose we'll just be making up the numbers for the rest of the season. I don't subsribe to the view that this one game is that important. I wouldn't write us off if we happened to lose.

Having said that, I do agree that it will be a big test. I wish I was still living down there. Would have loved to go.

I highly doubt anyone bar Panthers,Storm or Souths win it. Rooster may.
Unless they have a lot of injuries I just do not see any other squads having the fire power to go with these teams.
Parra and Raiders are maybe a slim chance if everything clicked on the day and opposition are a little off. But we do not have an x factor guy who could win the game on his own like Semi or Hayne where able to.

Bandwagon

Staff member
I disagree on the whole "soft " thing.

Sure, we have been in the not too distant past, but we are a f**k ton more resilient than we were. Soft merkins drop their heads things go south, we don't, we f**king man up and have a go.

We just aint the most skilful team in the comp, and we lack composure and smarts at times, but we aint f**king soft.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
If I was serious about understanding why we keep losing in Canberra I'd probably start by individually analysing each game to see whether there are any emerging themes.

If someone asked me to come up with a reason without doing any homework I'd be more likely to agree with @Bandwagon's take.

We are as dumb as f**k sometimes. Effort for the most part is pretty good. Much better than the bad old days.

strider

Post Whore
If I was serious about understanding why we keep losing in Canberra I'd probably start by individually analysing each game to see whether there are any emerging themes.

If someone asked me to come up with a reason without doing any homework I'd be more likely to agree with @Bandwagon's take.

We are as dumb as f**k sometimes. Effort for the most part is pretty good. Much better than the bad old days.
well what are you waiting for? - get on it - analyse

Eelementary

Post Whore
Ok. Now you’re clutching at straws.

So tell me, why do we keep losing to Canberra in Canberra?

It's a fair travel.

It's cold.

It's windy.

Canberra (much like Newcastle) REALLY fire up when playing at home.

It's true that we have a bad record at Canberra - but I doubt we are the only side with a poor record in Canberra.

South Sydney have an abysmal record against the Storm, and Souths are Premiership favourites.

I'm unconvinced about Arthur; he seems to recruit well, but seems unable to prepare players for big games.

But I recall people giving stick to Rick Stuart (I refuse to call a grown man "Ricky"), and Stuart took the Roosters to three consecutive Grand Finals (for one win), and has the Raiders up as perennial title challengers.

Our hoodoo in Canberra has existed long, long before Arthur became coach.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I disagree on the whole "soft " thing.

Sure, we have been in the not too distant past, but we are a f**k ton more resilient than we were. Soft merkins drop their heads things go south, we don't, we f**king man up and have a go.

We just aint the most skilful team in the comp, and we lack composure and smarts at times, but we aint f**king soft.

I reckon you're right.

I do think we are quite skilful, but our biggest issue is we lack composure - and that usually comes from experience.

Noise

Coach
We are just a dumb football team. We let go of the dumbest merkin in Evans and signed a dumber one in Cartwright. Lane is a dumb footballer. Fergo is a dumb footballer. SIvo isn't smart. I don't think Waqa Blake is a smart footballer either. Even our organisers (who are our smartest footballers) Moses and Gutho are prone to being eratic at times. I'm not sure you can coach the dumb out of players. But you sure can stop recruiting them.

Latest posts