What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbed!

Chachi

Bench
Now I'm not the one to complain about refereeing performances, but fair dinkum we certainly copped the rough end of the pineapple in that game.

Firstly that Tongue "no try" was a dead set certainty IMO. Secondly that McDougall try after a blatant (if not two) forward passes was a joke and thirdly that play-the-ball penalty against Milne ended up becoming an 8 point play for them.

Now that's off my chest, I thought the difference was clearly Buderus, Simpson and McDougall (who gave Goodwin an absolute bath tonight IMO). We physically smashed them up front but they ended up getting far too many easy metres from dummy half courtesy of the above players.

Yet again we made some dumb errors, but the conditions were crap so I guess that was to be expected. I'm glad the boys hung in and gave us a scoreline at the end which I thought was much more indicative of the contest.

Sorry, just had to rant.

mongoose

Coach
The officiating was very poor but i thought newcastle were the better team. We were lucky to only lose by 4.

legend

Coach
We were hard done by but still didn't deserver to win.

Our halves were awful as were the back three.

We need Carney back ASAP and don't be surprised to see him back against the Cowboys.

Chachi

Bench
I honestly don't think Newcastle did anything special out there tonight, apart from Danny Buderus they were pretty predictable in attack.

They didn't win that game, we lost it (with some help from the refs)...I have no doubt about that.

Chachi

Bench
legend said:

We need Carney back ASAP and don't be surprised to see him back against the Cowboys.
I agree our backline was pretty ordinary tonight (particularly Goodwin, Dobson and Chalk) however I thought Campese was one of our best out there considering the conditions.

azza

Juniors
It's just so stupid how we are a shadow of our best away from home. I mean FFS, it's still ultimately grass, goalposts and some white lines. But take away the Laurie Daley statue and all of a sudden our attack looks one-dimensional. So frustrating :x

innsaneink

Referee
legend said:

Was thinking this just before half time....

Macko8

Juniors
If not for the no try in the first half we would of probably won 24-22.

Newcastle didnt deserve to win, they were rubbish.
As above that penalty on milne was deadset weak, any other day or night it would of been let go and so it should of.

We did well to come back and close the gap to 4 points imo and that back 10min we can take into the cowboys match on saturday night.

Cant wait to see Carney, TLL and weyman back.

The ref was sh*t , Knights were sh*t and the Raiders were the sh*ttest. Our backline was non existent , from the fullback to half they might as well stayed in Canberra waiting for the Cowboys. The forwards tried but theres only so much they can do. Very frustrating Ahhhh.:(

Chachi

Bench
While I hate the loss, I think it was good signs that we played so poorly in attack (and dropped off too many tackles), had some very crap decisions against us, yet still only lost by 4.

There were plenty of positives to take out of that game and a lot of lessons learnt for a young team.

Timbo

Staff member
Yeah, I agree, with a decent referee, we win that game.

I think Hayne went out there with a mindset of 'so they think I don't blow penalties after origin...'.

Livid with that game. With the competition so close that could be the difference between making the 8 or not.

Macko8

Juniors
no ones whinging jackass, we just got hard done by.

Every team does when they head to newcastle....and its wrong.

trev

Juniors
When games are close, officals need to do their job properly, last night that definitely didn't happen. Tongues' try should have been given and that penalty against Milne was pathetic, momentum swung Newcastles' way after that.

I knew the Raiders were no chance when I saw that Shayne Hayne was the ref, that bloke is very ordinary. I can understand why coaches make comments about the officials after close games and they don't deserve to be fined for it, they're just making honest comments about being ripped off.

dubby

Bench
I was ropable during that game. Hayne played to the crowd, and how Clarke awarded no try I'll never know.

Newcastle also proved to me they will struggle against good sides. They only competed due to a pathetic ref and the fact our boys gave a very dormant display. I think their halves played well but put them into a tough game at Olympic park, Dairy Farmers or Leichardt and see how good they are.

Having said that, our boys need to lift mentally and find some form away from the ACT. Dobbo was hopeless and Bronx needs to be dropped immediately. Since the Manly game he has developed a knack of rushing in off the wing and leaving a huge gap. Newcastle realised this and exploited him.

If he was Howell, we would be calling for his head.

Latest posts