What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Robbie O'davis

Alex28

Coach
thuganomics said:
Alex28 said:
Bring it home Knights said:
He may be getting on in years, but he is still amazing under the high ball, always has been. I don't know how long it will be untill we get a fullback close to that aspect of a fullbacks game.

*cough*david seage*cough*

to be quite frank, Seage looked better in the 3 weeks he played than O'Davis has at any stage this year.

Well how do we know Seage wont be as injury prone as O'davis has been, the bloke has already torn his ACL and re injured it.

so what exactly do you propose thug? the club hires robbie with money they dont have in case seage gets another injury?

antonius

Coach
Seage and Salkeld will more than cover the fullback position. Lets stop making judgements on sentiment.

northey

First Grade
robbie has been playing like is in his 20's.... i can not believe that the knights can't offer him a contact next season.....

northey

First Grade
the club has to have a long hard look at where the money is going ie, johns... really would you rather johns who has not played a full season in 3 or 4 years???? or a bloke that gives 100% every game, plays like he is 20 years younger and is a real super star???
seriously johns should be paying robbie to play.....
if the knights give robbie the money they have left $8000 and johns chipps in then robbie could stay

Johns Magic

Referee
thuganomics said:
northey said:
robbie has been playing like is in his 20's.... i can not believe that the knights can't offer him a contact next season.....

Agreed!

Brett Stewart plays like he's in his 20's. Billy Slater plays like he's in his 20's. Minichiello plays like he's in his 20's. Wesser plays like he's in his 20's. Karmichael Hunt plays like he's in his 20's.

Robbie play's like he is in his 30's. He is slow and can not break the line.
The difference between Robbie and all the rest is that they score alot of tries. Robbie has scored 3.

Seage is so much better than Robbie will be. Wait and see.

northey

First Grade
Brett Stewart plays like he's in his 20's. Billy Slater plays like he's in his 20's. Minichiello plays like he's in his 20's. Wesser plays like he's in his 20's

they are in their 20's

The difference between Robbie and all the rest is that they score alot of tries. Robbie has scored 3.

robbie is a champion... he is not slow... he is a fast little bugger....

thuganomics

Coach
Seage is so much better than Robbie will be. Wait and see

Thats a big call, i hope your right. But i just have a feeling that Seage will always be troubled by that ACL injury he has sufferd. I hope im wrong and i hope he has a blinder of a season next year.

northey

First Grade
sure seage will have a blinder next year... but once someone has done their ACL then they really never are back to what they were before they got the injury....

thuganomics

Coach
northey said:
sure seage will have a blinder next year... but once someone has done their ACL then they really never are back to what they were before they got the injury....

That what im worried about.

Anonymous

Juniors
thuganomics said:
northey said:

That what im worried about.

Yeah, but isn't a 95% twentysomething better than a 75% thirtysomething?

northey

First Grade
Yeah, but isn't a 95% twentysomething better than a 75% thirtysomething?

seage will be about a 85% whn he starts next season or even less.... and that is due to the fact that he had to have 2 operations on his knee....

i would say robbie is an 83%

Johns Magic

Referee
northey said:
the club has to have a long hard look at where the money is going ie, johns... really would you rather johns who has not played a full season in 3 or 4 years???? or a bloke that gives 100% every game, plays like he is 20 years younger and is a real super star???
seriously johns should be paying robbie to play.....
if the knights give robbie the money they have left $8000 and johns chipps in then robbie could stay

Northey, you have to realise that Robbie is past it. He does not play like he is 20 years younger(A 13 year old wouldn't make the side anyway). He is slow. He is very injury prone- moreso than Johns. Johns also gives his all every game he plays. I don't know how you can refer to O'Davis as "a real superstar" and then bad-mouth Johns. Why do you want O'Davis? To be our 3rd-choice fullback? Without Johns, like it or not, we cannot win a premiership. What you just said was from your heart, and as they say, when it comes to serious matters, think with your head, not you heart. It would be nice to keep Robbie, but really, it would just be plain dumb.

Anonymous

Juniors
Knight said:
Robbie had a great game last night. We lost, but he put in a great performance :clap:

I'm not putting down what Robbie is capable of. I just think,personally, he is getting a bit long in the tooth, thats all.

Johns Magic

Referee
northey said:
Brett Stewart plays like he's in his 20's. Billy Slater plays like he's in his 20's. Minichiello plays like he's in his 20's. Wesser plays like he's in his 20's

they are in their 20's

robbie is a champion... he is not slow... he is a fast little bugger....

1st of all Hunt isn't in his 20's. Secondly, that was my point. They play like 20 year olds, where as robbie plays like he's in his thirties. They are lively jack-in-the-box types who score mountains of tries. Robbie is "safe", and scores hardly any tries. I would rather have any of the players above in front of Robbie. I would also have Patten, Hornby, Bowen, Hodgson, Peachey, Shifcofske and McKinnon in front of Robbie. If we wanted someone who was just safe under the high-ball we would buy an AFL player.

northey

First Grade
Without Johns, like it or not, we cannot win a premiership.

that is bulls**t...
we could have won this year if all our players were not injured..... and that team would not have johns on it.... it gives me the s**ts when people say that we can not win with out johns..... so you are saying that once johns leaves after season 2006 we will never win a gread final again???? johns is just a player he is no where as good as he used to be.
next season it would be good to see him not be captian and let danny be captian....
johns will proberly be hurt and miss the season again.....

Northey, you have to realise that Robbie is past it

i dunno if we have been watching the same games but robbie is not past it.... he gets out there runs around and usally does a better job than the other players...

robie was outstanding last night.

He is very injury prone- moreso than Johns

you are wrong..... one wrong tackle and johns if gone.... he has a stuffed back and neck and like seage he will never be as good as he was because he did his ACL.
with a buldging disc, if you cop one bad hit you run the risk of being seriously injured. and johns knows this so he is going to go into the few games he plays being cautious of his injuries. take quinn for example. he is all was getting back knocks to the head. now when he tries to protect his head he gets seriously injured. remember the roosters game? he was worried about his head and bang he cops a foot to the face and has a fractured cheek bone...

I don't know how you can refer to O'Davis as "a real superstar" and then bad-mouth Johns

listen johns was a fantastic player. but what gest me is that everyone seems to be in love with him and he has done jack all in the last 3 seasons. people say that the only reason newi has so many supporters is because of johns.. well sometimes i wonder if that is true.. and sometimes it seems that way. johns will always be remembered as one of the stars of the club. but there are some people out there who get so defensive when a bad thing is said about johns.... it is creepy

What you just said was from your heart, and as they say, when it comes to serious matters, think with your head, not you heart. It would be nice to keep Robbie, but really, it would just be plain dumb.

you wanna know what is plain dumb??? giving johns all this money and he hasn't played in so long. and people think that come season 2005 johns will be better than ever

Latest posts