What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rogers will he play Origin 2007?

Will Rogers play origin in 2007

• Yes at fullback for certain

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Yes on the wing for certain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe if his form is awesome

Votes: 35 30.4%
  • Yes, but only if there are injuires

Votes: 15 13.0%
  • No chance.

Votes: 63 54.8%

• Total voters

Meanie

Juniors
Anything's possible, I mean heck Wesser got a run on the wing and Hannay got a run period last year because of injuries.

bear56

Juniors
Ant said:
Just wondering what you thought now he is officially back in the fold. Will he make league rep sides.

He was qld regular when he left, and although he is getting on, he is still a pretty good player.

I assume he will play fullback for the titans, he will face pretty stiff competition from the likes of Hunt, Inglis, Bowen, Wesser, Slater etc. But I would rate his rugby union form not far off any of those guys.

What about his old spot wing, well currently the 2 aussie wingers are both qlders, Tate and Inglis, but one or both of them could be played in other positions centre for tate, centre or fullback for Inglis. The other guys who played wing for qld this year were Mogg (gone), Wesser (who was poor) and Bell who is more of a centre.

For mine what is qld's best backline, without considering Rogers, well for mine taking into account left and right side preferences, maybe this if the guys are playing their best footy.
1. Hunt
2. Inglis
3. Hodges
4. Tonga
5. Tate

So for mine unless there are injuries or poor form for any of the above, which is very possible, I wouldn't have rogers. If a tate or inglis couldn't play wing, and rogers is playing well at this stage I would have him, because I think there are very few other options on the wing for qld, and the experiments of bowen, wesser, slater etc on the wing have not gone well.

What do you guys think?

Redback71

First Grade
i think he may if form is good and it will be a battle for the 5/8th position between him and lyon

Geohood

Bench
If he is fit then I think the name 'Matt Rogers' will automatically give him a good chance.

But then again Ricky Stuart isn't coaching the side. :)