What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roll Call vs Brisbane @ Suncorp Round 21

The Major

Bench
Whos going?
The date for this game looks to be around abouts the 30th July or the ensuing days after depending on the draw when it gets released. You cant beat the feeling of walking out of Suncorp Stadium singing the chant, "WE OWN SUNCORP!" IMO its the best football ground to watch a game of footy. The pre game bevvys at the CAXTON with the guys sometimes becomes the main game and the footy is just a bonus! The atmosphere up there created by the Dragons supporters is awesome. But i encourage all of you who havent yet made the trip north to this ground, do yourselves a massive favour, and give it a crack. We had great numbers earlier on in the season down in Melbourne. Now its time to get the same numbers to Bris Vegas! Theres plenty of time to book cheap flights and there is plenty of cheap accomodation available in the vicinity of Lang Park and Caxton Ave. The QLD based dragons supporters have been doing a great job organising themselves up there in the past with our NSW core group growing each and every game up there. Lets make this our biggest ever trip up across the border. The last time we went there, these muppets knocked us out of the comp. Lets go and give them what for and show them how we supporters from the home of the mighty Red V f**king rock and roll!

" WE OWN SUNCORP!"

St. Linnane

First Grade
I will be in attendance (if I don't die between now and then).

Game date time should be announced in 2 weeks time, but expect another Friday night game.

St. Linnane

First Grade
How much has this trip cost people in the past? (Minus the cost of all the drinks ;-))

Flights - anywhere between $130 return and $300 return, depending on when you book and how flexible you are with the time you fly. Virgin Blue currenlty is around $195 return at the cheapest.

Accom can be got for as little as $80 for the one night.

Train to and from the airport is about $12 each way, or $40 in a cab.

Doug2234

First Grade
just keep an eye out for those cheap flights that jetstar and the like throw in every now and then

The Major

Bench
Plus accomodation can be much cheaper when splitting a room with a few others travelling up. The Holiday Inn, just above Roma St station is usually the place where we stay up there. Its a 10 minute walk to the Caxton from there and usually where the players stay and have their post game functions at.

big pat

Coach
Plus accomodation can be much cheaper when splitting a room with a few others travelling up. The Holiday Inn, just above Roma St station is usually the place where we stay up there. Its a 10 minute walk to the Caxton from there and usually where the players stay and have their post game functions at.

mate, ask darren he knows every cheap motel going, in any state you like.

Saintsman

Juniors
Flights - anywhere between $130 return and $300 return, depending on when you book and how flexible you are with the time you fly. Virgin Blue currenlty is around $195 return at the cheapest.

Accom can be got for as little as $80 for the one night.

Train to and from the airport is about $12 each way, or $40 in a cab.

I am pretty sure that I will be going and so will my little man Aiden. I have missed my interstate trips. Once upon time I used to always go to Brisbane, Melbourne and Gold Coast. Over the last three seasons only managed to get to Canberra, Newcastle and Sydney games. Should be awesome.

Last edited:

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
I should be heading up again, hoping to avenge the debacle that was last year's semi.