What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year: Josh Dugan

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Josh Dugan will be the best fullback in the world by the end of 2012.

Bad luck Brett Stewart, Kurt Gidley and any other player who reckons they have a shot at NSW fullback (including Jarryd Hayne). Dugan will have a 10 year mortgage on that, and also on the Australian fullback position.

Absolute star.
Everyone said the same thing about Anthony Minichiello and look where he is now.

Ayshford is going guns at Wests. Very good young player.

Raider_69

Post Whore
he's a very special talent, he'll be the best in the game at his position by age 23. Im very pleased he'll be playing for the raiders and not against us. He's a born star, he'll only get better from here.

he's a very special talent, he'll be the best in the game at his position by age 23. Im very pleased he'll be playing for the raiders and not against us. He's a born star, he'll only get better from here.

he said on radio that he wants to be a one club player , canberra junior , loves canberra and the club.
we do thje right thing he is ours for as long as we want.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
As a 'Dogs fan we know how that can turn quickly. Look at SBW. He signed a 5 year contract, said he loved the club and all the rest.. But things happen. Who's to say 5 years down the track Dugan won't turn out the same.

Good luck, though. He is a real talent.

DRAGONZ_RULE

Coach
I'm happy to stand by my comments re Dugan.

The bloke is 18 and plays with the composure of a 150 game veteran. Yet to knock on when defending a kick from memory. Makes 250+ metres a game.

Was scoring 2 tries a game and making line breaks at will against 19 and 20 year olds in the TYC.

@ Bulldogs 4 Life,

Minichiello was the best winger in the world by 21 or whatever it was. Cruel to say "look where he is" when his career was ruined by injury, and also when you consider they put him to fullback when he would have been better suited staying a winger. Roosters had nobody coming through at fullback.

Obviously any player can be crippled by injury .. you'd think when talking about the futures of players, it's best to talk in terms of the player never sustaining a serious injury.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
@ Bulldogs 4 Life,

Minichiello was the best winger in the world by 21 or whatever it was. Cruel to say "look where he is" when his career was ruined by injury, and also when you consider they put him to fullback when he would have been better suited staying a winger. Roosters had nobody coming through at fullback.

Obviously any player can be crippled by injury .. you'd think when talking about the futures of players, it's best to talk in terms of the player never sustaining a serious injury.
I agree with you completely mate, but that is exactly my point. It's tough to make a comment like "so and so will be the best player in his position by 2012" or whatever, simply due to the fact anything can happen.

I mean look at Tim Smith. He is a nothing player now who struggles in a mediocre (compared to the NRL) competition like the Super League. Back in 2005 he was touted as the next Joey Johns.

I just don't like when people jump on players with stupid remarks (no offence mate) like "best player in 5 years" or "the next SBW" (Karlos Filiga anyone?).

As a 'Dogs fan we know how that can turn quickly. Look at SBW. He signed a 5 year contract, said he loved the club and all the rest.. But things happen. Who's to say 5 years down the track Dugan won't turn out the same.

Good luck, though. He is a real talent.

Was SBW born and bred in Canterbury and his family is living here? No.

Is Dugan born and bred in Canberra and his family is living here? Yes

Is doesn't mean everything but, where you were born and where your family lives does play a BIG part.

Tokyo_Raider

Juniors
Wow, there are some clowns on this forum. :lol:

Not sure that Dugan will get rookie of the year, but I really, really hope Canberra can lock him into a contract for many years to come - he is one of the most naturally talented teenagers I've ever seen in the game.

He can make some flashy runs that look good on TV, but watch the little things he does - his positioning is amazing, he has the most unbelievable hands you'll ever see and his one on one defence is as good as anyones.

I'm not going to start making claims that he'll be the best in the comp....but he'll give it a shake, that's for sure.

Well, knowing Skeepe's impeccable judgement and level headedness when it comes to Raiders players, I'd say that Dugan is a cert for Rookie of the year :roll:

f**k yeah Vidot. Knights are toast.

Coming from a bloke who has powderpuffs like Simpson, Taia, Houston and Taufua in the pack, that's a huge call.

I thought Raiders by 40, but now I know Vidot's playing it's Raiders by 60.

Bulldogs_4_Life

Juniors
Was SBW born and bred in Canterbury and his family is living here? No.

Is Dugan born and bred in Canberra and his family is living here? Yes

Is doesn't mean everything but, where you were born and where your family lives does play a BIG part.
Point taken. But still, anything can happen. Money Bill was with us since he was 15. He was close with Kevvy Moore, who we all know is a huge family club man. But in the end he got caught up with the wrong people and now he's one of the most hated in Australia.

Just keep Dugan away from Mundine and you'll be right :D

Johns Magic

Referee
Dugan is quite simply not an option.

0 tries and 2 linebreaks in 8 games.

Stapleton: 3 tries and 7 linebreaks in 7 games.

If Raiders fans weren't talking this kid up so much no one would even think of suggesting him.

Watch for Vidot to get nominated by a Raiders fan soon.

Raider_69

Post Whore
there is more to a fullbacks game then line breaks and tries, JM. Surely you aren't that stupid.
Personally i think Croker has done more in fg so far but there is no doubt in my mind the best prospect to debut this year has been josh dugan. Weather he'll get the chance to get enough time to snare the award, i don't know

Mortimer, Porter would go close. But if Dugan plays out the season. He'll get it. He's an amazing talent. He carried us to a half respectable scoreline on the weekend.

Latest posts