What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the year: Josh Dugan

Bench
The Raiders hate Zilly for leaving after them sticking by him for 2 full seasons of injury,WestsTigers did that and more for Peni Tagive,even sent him for an operation to prolong his career when they could have made him play.
He repaid this by knocking back our offer and signing with the Dragons,it happens.
On the ROY,Stapleton or Croker for me,Dugan hasn't done anymore than Ayshford.

fred92

Juniors
Josh Dugan is by far the best player to make his debut this year.

He runs for more metres per game than any player in the NRL.
He has more kick return metres per game than any player in the NRL.
He is already more talented than most of his Raiders teammates.

Oh yeah, and he's only 18.

By the age of 21, he will have established himself as the best fullback in the NRL. He's already close to it.

Discuss.
Your rhetoric. would be far more impressive iif you didn't follow Canberra. There's a lot of 18 year old future stars out there, Dugan is certainly one. but i'm sure some supporters from other clubs would feel they have the most promising player in their team.

Darryn

Juniors
I'm hardly a Raiders fan but Josh Dugan is one of the best young fullbacks I have seen in a long, long time. That game he had against the Storm was so impressive.

But he hasn't really done anything that great to be nomintaed as rookie of the year. Out of all the backs I have seen debut this year he would have to just, and I mean just be behind Jamal Idris in terms of future rep stardom.

I would go:

Jamal Idris
Josh Dugan
Daniel Mortimer

Plus Dugan's going to be out for a while anyway, Idris I think is coming back this week so he should get his name back up there.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I think Dugan is a talent and will have good/great career, but he's only played THREE first grade games so far this year (according to NRL.com, apologies if it's actually four).

How serious is his injury? I think he'll need to play a few more games to seriously compete for Rookie of the Year.

On that basis alone, I think there are plenty of other candidates ahead of him at this point in time.

Edwahu

Bench
I think Dugan is a talent and will have good/great career, but he's only played THREE first grade games so far this year (according to NRL.com, apologies if it's actually four).

How serious is his injury? I think he'll need to play a few more games to seriously compete for Rookie of the Year.

On that basis alone, I think there are plenty of other candidates ahead of him at this point in time.

He has played 7.

Lox

Juniors
kevin locke is going to be the rookie of the year, even though he isn't playing fullback!!!

Lol...one-eyed idiot. I reckon Zillman will have a better career.

I bet you blew Zillman's flute when he was at the raiders. Now that he left to enhance his career, you think that he'll turn into crap.

LMFAO He allready is crap. Didn't you see Phil Graham leave his slow washed-up ass in his dust last weekend? And that's hilarious considering how much pace Graham has lost. Zillhoe is SLOW. He'll never be the player he was, let alone the player Joshua Dugan will be.

Big Pete said:
Not to mention, he's (Zill) from Brisbane. After two severe injuries I can understand why he chose to sign onto another club.

WTF? Explain yourself.

I just wan't to thank every real judge of Rugby League talent who's posted in this thread. Dugan will be playing rep footy within 2 years and entertaining you all (including the haters) for years to come.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
He has played 7.

Apologies ... the website is now saying "6". Obviously not a reliable source. Hahaha.

A couple more games and I wouldn't blink twice at him getting ROTY.

On the broader topic, it's great that there are a few reasonable candidates this year. A bit of competition spices it up and will make it more special for the eventual winner.

Meth

Staff member
As a Warriors supporter, I think Kevin Locke will be up there; he's about the only bright light in the Warriors at the moment. He and another debutant, Lewis Brown. Kevin Locke is in the mix.

Dugan looks promising. Tough and talented

Binga

Juniors
1. Idris
2. Mortimer / Dugan
4. Tim Mannah
5. Locke
6. Stapleton
7. Gordon
8. Asyford
9. Porter
10. Jon Mannah

Timbo

Staff member
Dugan will not have played enough first grade for the award, simple.

He's a fantastic prospect - very much like Badge was when he was in his prime, and he's only 18! And he's a sharpshooter with the boot as well to sweeten the deal.

However our genius coach who blooded him then sent him off to QLD cup to 'shield him from the big teams' at his young age killed any chance of him winning it - I doubt he'd have even played the last three games had Milne not gotten injured.

Now he's out for 4 weeks with injury, and odds on Furner sends him back to the QLD Cup or Toyota Cup to play when he regains fitness.

He's a special player and he could be the most talented fullback our clubs ever seen, and when you think we've had Belcher, Mullins and Schifcofske in that role, it really says something about the kids skill.

Big Pete

Referee
LMFAO He allready is crap. Didn't you see Phil Graham leave his slow washed-up ass in his dust last weekend? And that's hilarious considering how much pace Graham has lost. Zillhoe is SLOW. He'll never be the player he was, let alone the player Joshua Dugan will be.

WTF? Explain yourself.

I just wan't to thank every real judge of Rugby League talent who's posted in this thread. Dugan will be playing rep footy within 2 years and entertaining you all (including the haters) for years to come.

Simple he was raised in Brisbane, attended St. Lawrence's College: the same high school as Cooper Cronk. With his family based around here, it's fair to see why he signed on with the Titans.

Raider_69

Post Whore
He did what now?

23-4 is not half respectable champ, it was embarrassing given the context of the game

We were disgraceful, we should have been beaten by 40 points, easily, the fact we werent, has alot to do with Josh Dugan.
Our defense was soft, our attack completely inept, our forwards lacking dominance they should have had, and at times it looked like the only bloke who knew what he was doing was a bloke with 6 games to his name

He's a star, had he not been there the knights would have really made it embarrassing

Raider_69

Post Whore
I'd take Croker over Dugs, looks to be a fantastic prospect.

Both tremendously talented, and my personal opinion is we've got 2 future rep staples in both. Croker's issues right now are his physicality, he makes good decisions in defense and makes good contact but he doesnt have the strength to complete the tackle, often bouncing away (as seen with the try McDougall set up on saturday night), give him an off season with a FG weights regime and he'll be much better

If i had to pick one or the other, dugan ever so slightly, i think he's got that touch more talent

sooperdooper

First Grade
dugan the next nsw and aussie fullback?
haha the guy has to win the number one jersey at the raiders first.

he hasnt shown that much tbh...

Hanscholo

Bench
Josh Dugan is by far the best player to make his debut this year.

He runs for more metres per game than any player in the NRL.
He has more kick return metres per game than any player in the NRL.
He is already more talented than most of his Raiders teammates.

Oh yeah, and he's only 18.

By the age of 21, he will have established himself as the best fullback in the NRL. He's already close to it.

Discuss.

Actually Skeepe, the knights ended his career on the weekend. The blue print is there, he will be battered into park football over the next few seasons, he isnt up to it physically. Sure he took the beating, but he went off didnt he.

Latest posts