What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
If it's down to the media's decision; then it's obvious and shows how bias everyone in Australia really is when it comes to their footy.
If it comes down to finals team-again obvious

Why would anyone in the media or decision making for this even consider a team that doesn't live in the country. esp in NZ. That would just be silly, so they'd want one of their 'own' to have it.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Iafeta said:
Of course position would play a part in it. Halfback's are voters favourites.

I wonder who had the harder task; jumping into play #6 outside Orford or play at halfback for the Warriors with no recognised #6 and being given the jersey after a miserable start to the season where they're barely even on the board.

Not mentioning the boots he was filling....Greatest Warrior Ever!

I would like to see Ravs get it, and i think he stands a chance, he certainly deserves it.

.....That being said, i am wearing the world through my warriors classes, so take it for what its worth.

tye

Juniors
Douglass at 19 years of age has played every game for the sharks who have lacked depth in the front row would have to be the logical choice.

byrne_rovelli_fan82

First Grade
Yes on form well done to him. But what really has he done apart from sitting on the wing and looking pretty? Honestly that's all he's done since he started playing!
And yes I'm deffo NOT happy.

mickdo

Coach
byrne_rovelli_fan82 said:
Yes on form well done to him. But what really has he done apart from sitting on the wing and looking pretty? Honestly that's all he's done since he started playing!
That's what wingers do!!! ffs

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors

:-({|= :-({|=

I do think that rovelli was a good chance and probly should have won, but to say that all hayne does is sit on the wing is just stupid.

well done Jarryd you DESERVE IT :)

MSIH

Bench
Really? Burns couldn't even crack a nomination.

lmao at Greg Eastwood copping a nomination. He played around 4 games max, and had 1 good game. Some random Souths nuffie tore him to threads. Says it all really.

Ron Jeremy

Coach
By far and away the besty choice!!

I had to laugh at the idiots on this thread who think Hayne is Over-rated bahahaha......he's a f**king freak of an athlete, apart from scoring tries the way he can jump and defuse bombs is fantastic, not only that he has that wonderful trait of scoring a try from nothing or stopping a certain try alas Matty Sing.

He has been spoken about at some lengths sinc ehe was 15.

Amazing effot to have achieved so much in just over half a season.

Burns, Douglas bahahahahaha

mattyg said:
It takes a good player to get a nomination for such an award.

Burns is JUNK ;-)

And to think, I "used" to have respect for you, wait, I never had respect for you Matty. :p But anywayz, I'd probably rate Holdsworth and Burns about on par, with Burns probably inching ahead due to his defence, but if Burns is junk, wtf is Holdsworth?

;-)

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
Finch > Holdsworth & Brunswick :sarcasm:

Has either of them played for NSW and kicked a winning field goal for their state :lol:

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
But what really has he done apart from sitting on the wing and looking pretty? Honestly that's all he's done since he started playing!

Scored over a try a game, pulled off some amazing try saving tackles, came in to a side under pressure and his selection coincideded with the Eels good form. His finishing in tight situations has been outstanding and while I rate Rovelli, I don't know why you consider him so much better than Jarryd. Maybe if they were both halfbacks you could compare them but Jarryd is a winger who has done his job as a winger better than the other 4 guys did their jobs in their positions.

mattyg

Bench
Burns 1 up on defence
Burns 1 down on conceeding penalties.

Far out the kid has conceeded about 50 penalties this year, he is a disgrace to the game. Even his "defence" which you speak so highly of is rather questionable. He does go high from time to time and is pretty useless in attack.

Holdsworth on the other hand is more than capable in attack and a good defender. At least he doesnt have that wanker element in his game that Travis does ;-)

So therefore Holdsworth > Burns. I'm sure most people would agree ;-)

mattyg said:
Burns 1 up on defence
Burns 1 down on conceeding penalties.

Far out the kid has conceeded about 50 penalties this year, he is a disgrace to the game. Even his "defence" which you speak so highly of is rather questionable. He does go high from time to time and is pretty useless in attack.

Holdsworth on the other hand is more than capable in attack and a good defender. At least he doesnt have that wanker element in his game that Travis does ;-)

So therefore Holdsworth > Burns. I'm sure most people would agree ;-)

Just an opinion mate. I'd rather Burns in my team then Holdsworth. Burns definately needs to get the penalties out of his game, then he'll be sweet.

Stagger eel

Staff member
8 pages later and people still haven't realised that Travis Burns didn't qualify because he came on as a replacement last year..

I can just hear it now...oooooooohhh!!! that's right.;-) :lol:

mxlegend99

Referee
What about Rovelli? Was he playing last year? If not, why was he atleast not in the top 4? Poor bastard deserves some credit for what he did with a team on negative 4 points.

Stagger eel

Staff member
mxlegend99 said:
What about Rovelli? Was he playing last year? If not, why was he atleast not in the top 4? Poor bastard deserves some credit for what he did with a team on negative 4 points.

chooks pl team.