What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

BlueNGoldBlood

Juniors
mxlegend99 said:
:crazy: I know Hayne will win it... he's the only Rookie that people know the name of.

Thats for good reason, cause hes that damn good :lol:

Seriously though, Rovelli deserves ROTY, he has done wonders for the warriors this year and really looks like a good halves prospect

eelsta

Bench
Sir Biffo said:
Burns should get it I reckon over Rovelli, then daylight, then Hayne.

Jarryd Hayne is over-rated and will get found out in the coming years. Most of his tries come from simple overlaps, with not much work to be done, but the media absolutely salivate all over him every time he touches the ball. I must admit however some of his hitups are quite strong, so I'd love to see him bulk up a bit more and maybe he can prove me wrong.

No he'll just get better IMO

Y2Eel

First Grade
hayne has scored alot of tries in his rookie year which is good... but shouldnt win it..

Burns WTF has he done to deserve anything?

Rovelli.. deserves it he has had a top year playing for the warriors who get no media coverage...

mxlegend99

Referee
BlueNGoldBlood said:
Thats for good reason, cause hes that damn good :lol:

Seriously though, Rovelli deserves ROTY, he has done wonders for the warriors this year and really looks like a good halves prospect
I agree that he deserves to have people know his name. Others do too also.

Either way. Congrats too Hayne for achieving what he has. I would like too see Rovelli get it as what he has done is nothing short of phenomenal. If it were not for the negative 4 points, his team would be in the top 8 ahead of the Eels on F/A.

Although personally i do beleive they should've received the penalty for cheating. So i won't start that arguement.

mattyg

Bench
people know the names of Rovelli, Hayne and Burns. Just because they haven't been talked up as much as SBW and Benji, it doesn't mean people don't know there names. Quite simply none of them deserve to come near the hype that Sonny and Benji have gone through. They might be good but they really don't compare to those two.

Hayne is probably the best out of a bad bunch this year ;-) fishy fishy

mattyg

Bench
mxlegend99 said:
Why don't they compare? Because they might actually play an entire season next year? ;-)

because what Sonny Bill and Benji do in 5 games is better than what those "rookies" would do in a whole season. ;-) You obviously didn't spot the white text either...

effnic

Bench
Y2Eel said:
hayne has scored alot of tries in his rookie year which is good... but shouldnt win it..

Burns WTF has he done to deserve anything?

Rovelli.. deserves it he has had a top year playing for the warriors who get no media coverage...
:roll: NFI. Try and watch other games that dont involve parra before you comment idiot.
I have a question to ask do they look at positioning aswell cause i mean Burns's position is pretty important to the team and would be harder to start in a new team there?

mxlegend99

Referee
mattyg said:
because what Sonny Bill and Benji do in 5 games is better than what those "rookies" would do in a whole season. ;-) You obviously didn't spot the white text either...
Responding to a troll post with a troll post is not taking the bait. :lol: When you end posts with a ;-) it's a big enough indication you're trying to troll. Unsuccessfully at that.

DeeGan

Bench
I had Luke Douglas after the early rounds of the season with Cronulla though it will go to Jarryd Hayne who is a most deserving winner with 17 tries from 15 games in his rookie season.

JJ

Immortal
Hayne will win it...

Rovelli has been good for the Warriors though

RainMan

Juniors
boldy said:
Note that Rovelli has played in every warriors game this season

I think that this could be the deciding factor?

Rovelli - 24 games
Burns - 22 or 23?
Hayne - 15

Iafeta

Referee
effnic said:
:roll: NFI. Try and watch other games that dont involve parra before you comment idiot.
I have a question to ask do they look at positioning aswell cause i mean Burns's position is pretty important to the team and would be harder to start in a new team there?

Of course position would play a part in it. Halfback's are voters favourites.

I wonder who had the harder task; jumping into play #6 outside Orford or play at halfback for the Warriors with no recognised #6 and being given the jersey after a miserable start to the season where they're barely even on the board.

freeridermx

Juniors
how is it picked does anyone know.
does it go on the rookie with the most dally m`s or do the media just pick who they want . if it goes on the most points by a rookie then i think rovelli will be in with a big shot . but i dont know if it work on points or not so if someone does let me know .

Y2Eel

First Grade
effnic said:

Yes FI.. ive watched every game this year so there goes your "watch other games not just your team"

hayne shouldnt win it for mine..
Burns is a nuffy of a 5/8 has no skill at all may aswell play watmough there he wont give as many penalties away...:p

Parra Guru

Coach
Special K said:
Hayne will get it due to media attention. Though Douglas and Burns are better players and had better seasons. Hayne is marketable and has gained so much attention that he will get it.

That is such a stupid post.

They all play in different positions, and had different amounts of games, so I don't know how you can say that they have had better seasons.

Hayne's done a lot of things right in a short space of time. He is a great finisher of tries. If people bother to watch him play, rather than highlights on the footy show, you might realise that he has a bit more talent than sniffing out intercepts etc. He's a handy defender, and you'd be lucky to have him in your side.