What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

MSIH

Bench
eelavation said:
8 pages later and people still haven't realised that Travis Burns didn't qualify because he came on as a replacement last year..

I can just hear it now...oooooooohhh!!! that's right.;-) :lol:

Pretty sure you're still eligible if you played a couple of games off the bench the year before. Well it used to be the case. Why don't they make the criteria clear?

Stagger eel

Staff member
MSIH said:
Pretty sure you're still eligible if you played a couple of games off the bench the year before. Well it used to be the case. Why don't they make the criteria clear?

not sure?

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I thought Burns played one game starting last year, could be wrong. Maybe the reason he wasnt a contender.

MSIH

Bench
PARRA_FAN said:
I thought Burns played one game starting last year, could be wrong. Maybe the reason he wasnt a contender.

Na, definately off the bench against Penrith last year at Penrith.

Stupid rule. But it must be the case, I mean Greg Eastwood :lol: .

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Greg Eastwood played one game off the bench in Round 26. :? I dont know why Burns wasnt nominated, he's played every game hasnt he?

Maybe because Eastwood was picked for the NZL team for the GB game, but of course didnt play cause of injury

Snoz

Juniors
Eastwood has also played one game before this season - looks like Travis was rated by the judges. Must be the same people who select the rep sides ! Too lazy to think about who really deserves the award.