What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

Who will be Rookie of The Year for 2014?

• Paul Carter (Gold Coast Titans)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Manu Mau (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Pauli Pauli (Parramatta Eels)

• Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers)

• Isiah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

• Blake Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Moses Mbye (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• Corey Thompson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• David Fusitua (New Zealand Warriors)

• Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)

• Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights)

• Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Kirisome Auva'a (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Kyle Turner (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BranVan3000

Coach
NSW media always blows their loads over the next possible half who shows some promise in their rookie season. They did with Mullen, Hodkinson, Reynolds and now Brooks is next in line. Shit I remember when Ryan Stig made a decent side step the NSW Media were exclaiming that they had found the next Brad Fittler

I guess if NSW selectors deserve credit for anything they haven't fallen for hype on a young half since Mullen

Carter or Ma'u, but we all know it will be Brooks.

I like Carter, but if we are judging it on the first 11 rounds, then Ma'u v's Carter isn't even close. Ma'u has started every game (playing 80 mins the majority of time), MoM the first game, and one of the Eels best pretty much every game.

The media will get Brooks the title though, no doubt about it.

NSW media always blows their loads over the next possible half who shows some promise in their rookie season. They did with Mullen, Hodkinson, Reynolds and now Brooks is next in line. Shit I remember when Ryan Stig made a decent side step the NSW Media were exclaiming that they had found the next Brad Fittler

I guess if NSW selectors deserve credit for anything they haven't fallen for hype on a young half since Mullen

Its a shame they didn't go on with the job. If they had, we might not have had to put up with so many inept performances by Mitchell Pearce in a Blues jersey.

hahagold

Juniors
Manu Mau for me

Luke Brooks topping the NRL for missed tackles - 57

His attack is good...Defence is way below par.

Parra Pride

Referee
If Manu Ma'u doesn't get it he will probably punch someone, so let's just do the safe thing and give it to him.

brock0brien

Juniors
Paul Carter at the moment is pretty deserving, as is Manu Ma'u, but as most of you are saying I agree Brooks will end up getting it

Swarzey

Bench
Luke Brooks. He isn't the standout we all anticipated him to be, but he's doing extremely well for the Tigers. Helps him that the media are backing him. Seems to be the case with most rookies who win the award.

Brooks has done very well considering every week it seems there is a change to the spine. Majority of the players he's been in the spine with are NSW Cup standard at best (Austin, Farah and Tedesco being the exceptions).

Swarzey

Bench
If Brooks had a regular spine to work with and a competent partner in the halves, he'd be on an entire different level.

Shame Joey couldn't convince him to come to Newcastle. The idea of Brooks and Mullen as a pairing is mouth watering.

Swarzey

Bench
Of course he is :roll:

And Adam Clydsdale is a close third because he's from the Knights.

Lambretta

First Grade
Manu Mau, Luke Brooks and Paul Carter would be popular choices so far

However its a long season - so are any of the followers eligible or even contenders?

Clydesdale from Newcastle
Auva'a from Souths
Morgan - Cowboys
Wighton - Raiders
Laumape - Warriors
Tonumaipea - Storm

I like Tyrone Peachey but he played 7 games last season

Latest posts