What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rookie of the Year

Who will be Rookie of The Year for 2014?

• Paul Carter (Gold Coast Titans)

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Kyle Feldt (North Queensland Cowboys)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tepai Moeroa (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Manu Mau (Parramatta Eels)

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Pauli Pauli (Parramatta Eels)

• Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Mitchell Moses (Wests Tigers)

• Isiah Yeo (Penrith Panthers)

• Blake Cartwright (Penrith Panthers)

Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Moses Mbye (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• Corey Thompson (Canterbury Bulldogs)

• David Fusitua (New Zealand Warriors)

• Jake Mamo (Newcastle Knights)

• Sione Mata'utia (Newcastle Knights)

• Alex Johnston (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Kirisome Auva'a (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Kyle Turner (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think the season has a long way to go and I would not want to pick the winner of rookie of the year yet.

As for Brooks, for a 19 year old halfback he is going just fine, he will have ups and downs but the guy has a lot of talent.

DC_fan

Coach
Has had an outstanding rookie year. Should be the third Souths player in three years to win the award.

maple_69

Bench
Give it to Johnstone. Brooks will go on and be a NSW and Australian half winning all sorts of titles. Johnstone will be a good winger for a team of chokers.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Brooks is a 19 year halfback who has come into a low quality young team. He has been given the responsibility of leading the team around the park. The tigers have been raped by injury and controversy yet are 2 wins out of the top 4. He hasn't been as good as the Media have made out but he has been very good for us.

Johnstone undoubtedly looks like a star, however it's a million times easier to be a winger coming into a highly successful team full of internationals then it is to come into a team that's mid table at best at full strength.

Brooks for mine.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Luke Brooks is a huge talent and has a bright future but he is hot and cold and is falling away as the season goes on, normal for a young player. AJ is getting better and better.

ellskimore

Juniors
Brooks is a 19 year halfback who has come into a low quality young team. He has been given the responsibility of leading the team around the park. The tigers have been raped by injury and controversy yet are 2 wins out of the top 4. He hasn't been as good as the Media have made out but he has been very good for us.

Johnstone undoubtedly looks like a star, however it's a million times easier to be a winger coming into a highly successful team full of internationals then it is to come into a team that's mid table at best at full strength.

Brooks for mine.

This. Johnston won't get rookie of the year over Brooks, and rightfully so.

rabbitohs95

Bench
Jumping on the Johnston train.

People mention that Brooks is having a hard time in a struggling team, i'll give him that. But if he stepped up (Like Adam Reynolds in 2012) he might be leading them into the top 8. If Reynolds faltered throughout 2012 we probably wouldn't be in the position we are today.

Johnston is an 19 year old who's really stepping up and showing a game that most wingers in the competition can't play. And the thing is he's a fullback, one of the first times he's played on the wing.

No doubt i think both will be great so long as they continue to rise, but Brooks i feel has underachieved this year, Johnston has come out of nowhere and is killing it.