What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos: Mini out- Hunt in

Mr Saab

Referee
The Colonel said:
The other logical solution would have been to move Lockyer back to one and bring Thuurston into the starting lineup and play a utility from the bench.

whilst i dont question Lockyers ability to play 1 again, it would not be wise to play him there when he hasnt been there since 2003.
They made the right decision getting in a fullback to replace a fullback...but i dont think they chose the right fullback.

salivor

First Grade
As a Kiwis fan I'm happy for him. At the end of the day we've asked him countless times to play for NZ and each time he's stated that he considers himself an Australian, I don't think his loyalty in that regard can be questioned.

Do we really have to wait until Friday for this match? It's going to be a corker.

Balmain_Boy

What do you mean you don't think? You KNOW they didn't. What happened to your whole 8 weeks isn't enough form? Hodges has surpassed anything Hunt has put up and did it all of last year as well. Hunt has definately improved and I think he will make test standard one day. But he is so far from the mark now it's ridiculous. I would honestly contend Hunt is superior to Bowen under the high ball. I just can't fathom this selection. It's just stunning.

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
for once i think we agree, im happy Hunt has been picked, dunno if he deserved it or not, but hes been given a chance and all he can do is his best...

Dear oh me, I actually agree with you. Hunt has been in sensational form and anyone who suggests otherwise is a fool. Bowen had his chance to cement his spot on the weekend and had a good old fashioned barry crocker!

The Colonel

Immortal
Mr Saab said:
whilst i dont question Lockyers ability to play 1 again, it would not be wise to play him there when he hasnt been there since 2003.
They made the right decision getting in a fullback to replace a fullback...but i dont think they chose the right fullback.

Still the best fullback I've seen in a long time Saab and as you've often said "class is permanent, form is temporary". Australia have picked centres on the wing and halves and centres at fullback quite often in the past with little problem. While Hunt is a good kid with an interesting future I'm not so sure now is his time to be playing Test football.

Mr Saab

Referee
Fair point Colonel.
I am just happy that Bennett has nothing to do with this and everyone can whinge about Stuart.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
While Hunt is a good kid with an interesting future I'm not so sure now is his time to be playing Test football.

Now is the perfect time and he gets to debut in front of his home crowd!:D

Balmain_Boy

lockyno1 said:
Dear oh me, I actually agree with you. Hunt has been in sensational form and anyone who suggests otherwise is a fool. Bowen had his chance to cement his spot on the weekend and had a good old fashioned barry crocker!
Anyone who suggests Hunt is the 2nd best fullback eligible to play for Australia is a bigger fool. That's all that needs to be said.

I'm going to get slammed for this, but the ommision of Bowen (and Inglis) on the faux grounds that he can't take the high ball makes me wonder about Choc's accusations.

And before everyone jumps on me, i'm 95% sure there's nothing sinister like that. It does put a seed of doubt in my mind though.

EDIT: Leaving the comments up since they've been quote, but I withdraw them to an extent. I don't want to accuse the selectors of anything untoward.

Ari Gold

Bench
This is great news for the ANZAC test... a little controversy is always needed.

I find it really funny that the Kiwi's have an Aussie fullback, and Australia have a kiwi fullback!

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
i'm going to get slammed for this, but the ommision of Bowen (and Inglis) on the faux grounds that he can't take the high ball makes me wonder about Choc's accusations.

And before everyone jumps on me, i'm 95% sure there's nothing sinister like that. It does put a seed of doubt in my mind though.

You are going to get slammed as that is ridiculous.
What colour skin does Hunt have?????????????????????????????????

salivor

First Grade
Balmain_Boy said:
Anyone who suggests Hunt is the 2nd best fullback eligible to play for Australia is a bigger fool. That's all that needs to be said.

I'm going to get slammed for this, but the ommision of Bowen (and Inglis) on the faux grounds that he can't take the high ball makes me wonder about Choc's accusations.

What colour is Karmichael's skin? Here is a hint, it isn't white.

I don't know about the high ball claim excuse though as Hunt isn't the safest bloke under the high ball either.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Balmain_Boy said:

Where did I say that Hunt is the 2nd best fullback? If it was my decision I would not have gone with Hunt, I would have picked Hornby actually. But that is not saying Hunt is a bad fullback. He is in the top 4 fullbacks and had a better game than Bowen and Hornby on the weekend. Ingliss is good but jeez he is young as well. Forget about Choc, he got omitted becuase he was not even half the player Freddie Fittler was simple as that!

Balmain_Boy

Honest question for the Brisbane fans - don't bother answering Locky, you're too biased - in particular Saab. Would you actually rate Hunt as good under the high ball? From what I've seen it's a weakness in his game as well. He does have the height though...I suppose Stuart was worried about the big Kiwi wingers getting the jump on Bowen.

Balmain Bug

Juniors
waltzing Meninga said:
What a disgrace.

Shifofski, Wesser, Hornby, Mckinnon and Bowen all deserved a place ahead of him

Hodgson is No.1.

The most experienced of all candidates and 2005 fullback of the year !

salivor

First Grade
I've already said that I don't think Hunt is particularly safe under the high ball, maybe a tad better than Bowen but I find it hard to believe that it's the sole reason behind his selection.

Danish

Referee
Mini will no doubt front up for Easts on sunday.

Isn't the kiwi fullback actually australian as well??

Oh lord...we're gonna belt the dog snot outta this lil turncoat.

I'm sure Wiki and Sonny Bill are gettin their shoulders ready..

drake

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
You are going to get slammed as that is ridiculous.
What colour skin does Hunt have?????????????????????????????????

He's not exactly Koori is he? I don't buy into the conpiracy though.

Hunt is a lame choice. Playing well maybe, but better than the rest? I don't think so.