What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos: Mini out- Hunt in

Balmain_Boy

broncoman said:
no hes not that great, but like every player he has a weakness, what he loses in that part of his game he makes up in others...

Yes, but the justfication for leaving out Bowen was he is sh*t under the high ball. Then he is replaced with Hunt who also has his problems. I've never seen Hunt race 90 metres after taking a bomb. Or any kick for that matter.

Ari Gold

Bench
Hunt better work on his step... he's going to need it when Wiki and Sonny Bill charge at him from the defensive line

Danish

Referee
drake said:
Yep.
NZ have a NZ resident, Indigenous Australian at fullback.
Australia have an Australian citizen, Indigenous New Zealander at fullback.

So? Both love the country they live in.

Thats all well and good, but i still find it extremely funny.

milton

Juniors
Hunt is probably the 13th best fullback in the NRL every team bar souths and the sharks have a better fullback

Hutty1986

Immortal
Razor said:
Absolute joke.

Should be Inglis.

Hunt has now replaced Paul Hauff as the worst player to ever play for Australia

Absolute joke is right, what the hell are they thinking?

They say one of the main reasons they left Bowen out was because of his inability to defuse the bombs the Roosters put up on Saturday night..

But i've seen Hunt drop a lot more than Bowen... And there is no way Hunt is even in the top four NRL fullbacks, let alone no. 2

Mr Saab

Referee
Razor said:
Absolute joke.

Should be Inglis.

Hunt has now replaced Paul Hauff as the worst player to ever play for Australia

Go and have a cry Razor. I love it when Broncos pi$$ you off

Red Bear

Referee
Oh man, i hope he gets creamed. Just when i didnt think there could be a worse decision than ICC giving Asia the 2011 world cup look what happens. Hornby should be there if Minichello is injured, or at least Bowen

yobbo84

Coach
Hunt is the worst defensive fullback of the last 10 years... and I've seen Roy Bell 'tackle'.

broncoman

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Yes, but the justfication for leaving out Bowen was he is sh*t under the high ball. Then he is replaced with Hunt who also has his problems. I've never seen Hunt race 90 metres after taking a bomb. Or any kick for that matter.
yeh, but that being the reason is pure speculation, i dont know what the final reason of his omission is, its pretty obvious that he was the 18th man on saturday morning and the rest is history...

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Hodgson wouldve got picked if he was fit, but he's injured so the next in line would be Bowen. So why didnt they pick him?:?

Karmichael Hunt shouldnt be considered not only cause he's a Kiwi, but cause he's nowhere near as good as some of the current fit fullbacks.

lockyno1

Post Whore
broncoman said:
no hes not that great, but like every player he has a weakness, what he loses in that part of his game he makes up in others...

Exactly and hunt is a damn good fullback!

willvillain said:
Haha, oh dear. Terrible decision, very dissapointing.

That said: Hunt to have a blinder, bag a double and win the game for Australia.

It doesnt matter if cutie scores a length of the field try in the dieing seconds to win, 50 tackles and 500m in running metres. - He'll still get bagged.

Honestly this is hilarious though I wish I had a bag of whatever pills stuart and the selectors are on, I'd make a fortune!

Collateral

Coach
From the last tri nations onwards I will be cheering for the Kiwi's until the Aussie selectors do justice to the game and pick players on form...not who they are friends with.

GO NZ!

Ant

Juniors
Given the standard of fullback's around I do think it is bizarre that Hunt could be the next in line.

Granted 2 of the contenders in Hodgson and Slater were missing, but if you just got through all the clubs, I would have felt:
Bowen
Thaiday
Inglis
Hornby
Stewart
Wesser
Patten
Schifcoske

I would have felt that at least one or more of that group would rank higher than Hunt. Now I don't think Hunt is a bad player, I think he is very good in some aspects of his game, but there are some poor ones as well. Certainly I think in all defencive aspects he struggles. For a big guy he is poor front on defender, he lacks speed for cover defence, his ability under the high ball is also questionable. I think that big problem as one poster already noted is when people make breaks he shows them sideline and they burn him, I mean a notable one was Trent Barrett last year, I mean when a 5/8th is doing it you have a problem.

Now Hunt is a good creative fullback, like an extra 5/8th, but I would argue his support play needs work as well.

I just think based on one game they have left Bowen out is a disgrace. I would have though on form schifcofske deserved a shot too.

I think its just a bizarre decision.

Anyone though that this now paves the way for Lockyer to go fullback, Hunt the bench and Thurston at 5/8th.

Hutty1986

Immortal
Collateral said:
From the last tri nations onwards I will be cheering for the Kiwi's until the Aussie selectors do justice to the game and pick players on form...not who they are friends with.

GO NZ!

Loyalty has to play some part in selections..

I don't see the logic in cheering for the opposition when you're unhappy with all of the team picked..

The blokes running out there are still Aussies!

[Except Hunt, that is obviously]

Collateral

Coach
Hutty1986 said:
Loyalty has to play some part in selections..

Honestly I dont see how it should. They might of done well in the past but if there is a player out there performing better than them at the moment, why cant they get a run?

I think it should be like how the NFL Pro Bowl is selected on form, not how much you are loved by the selectors (to an extent).

I also think the selection of Hunt might of had something to do with stopping him playing for the kiwi's, which isnt exactly the best of sportsmanship.

Latest posts