What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roos: Mini out- Hunt in

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
Honest question for the Brisbane fans - don't bother answering Locky, you're too biased - in particular Saab. Would you actually rate Hunt as good under the high ball? From what I've seen it's a weakness in his game as well. He does have the height though...I suppose Stuart was worried about the big Kiwi wingers getting the jump on Bowen.

Hunt is no Tim Brasher/Brett Mullins under the high ball, but he is ok.
His bigger weakness is ability to turn and chase. He is too big to be a fullback...his future is at lock

Razor

Coach
Absolute joke.

Should be Inglis.

Hunt has now replaced Paul Hauff as the worst player to ever play for Australia

Hunt is the only fullback since Matt Gorgonson (sp?) that continually
Shows opposition players the side line only to be
Out run and made to look a fool.
Poor selection

willvillain

Juniors
Brett Stewart has been safe as houses under the high ball this year - and has been ever since he was embarrassed by the Broncos early last year. Put him in there!

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain Bug said:
Hodgson is No.1.

The most experienced of all candidates and 2005 fullback of the year !

Where have you been lately? He is out with a broken hand.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Mr Saab said:
Hunt is no Tim Brasher/Brett Mullins under the high ball, but he is ok.
His bigger weakness is ability to turn and chase. He is too big to be a fullback...his future is at lock

I think hunt is very safe under the high ball but his chasing ability is a bit suss.

Balmain_Boy

Mr Saab said:
You are going to get slammed as that is ridiculous.
What colour skin does Hunt have?????????????????????????????????

A lot of racism toward aboriginals isn't solely based on the colour of their skin, just their race. You'll find a lot of racist comments about Aboriginals from people that never direct such comments to any other race, dark skinned or not.

You're right it probably is ridiculous, so I should withdraw the comment; it's not fair to accuse the selectors of racism. I'm just struggling to find a reason as to why Hunt was picked. Anyone got one?

drake

First Grade
Danish said:
Mini will no doubt front up for Easts on sunday.

Isn't the kiwi fullback actually australian as well??
Yep.
NZ have a NZ resident, Indigenous Australian at fullback.
Australia have an Australian citizen, Indigenous New Zealander at fullback.

So? Both love the country they live in.

Scott

Bench
I like Hunt. He has played very well for a month now. He is going to be an outstanding player.

He is also going to get smashed on Friday night. I'm tipping a 1998 Lockyer like shocker from him.

That said, he'll bounce back.

Bring on Friday. How good is it going to be???

Jordan

Juniors
This is unbelievable. Hunt will be lucky to not be taken from the field in a stretcher..... or a f**king hearse for that matter...

Danish

Referee
Tigertread said:
He sure is, born and bred.

Great stuff.

An Aussie fronting up as the NZ fullback, and a Kiwi lining up in the Aussie no.1.

On top of that neither are in the top 5 fullbacks in the game.

Let the battle for mediocracy begin!! :lol:

broncoman

Juniors
Balmain_Boy said:
Honest question for the Brisbane fans - don't bother answering Locky, you're too biased - in particular Saab. Would you actually rate Hunt as good under the high ball? From what I've seen it's a weakness in his game as well. He does have the height though...I suppose Stuart was worried about the big Kiwi wingers getting the jump on Bowen.
no hes not that great, but like every player he has a weakness, what he loses in that part of his game he makes up in others...

Mr Saab

Referee
Balmain_Boy said:
You're right it probably is ridiculous, so I should withdraw the comment; it's not fair to accuse the selectors of racism. I'm just struggling to find a reason as to why Hunt was picked. Anyone got one?

Thats ok.
Re Hunt being picked? I have no idea. Although you cant blame Bennett for it. Ask Fulton and McCarthy among others.