What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters next year

roosters next year

• continue to be top 2 team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • finish 3th-5th

• finish in bottom of 8

• miss 8 all together

• Total voters

legend

Coach
The Dogs will be short on forward depth next year but will have a strong seventeen to kick the season off.

Losing Price, Feeney, Scott and Maiava means that if any of the forwards are injured, the Dogs depth will be severely tested and this will also be the case at rep time with O'Meley, Ryan and Mason likely to be out of action.

The Roosters will still be good, but not the benchmark. The loss of Fittler will be too much to overcome and pinning your hopes in Finch is a recipe for disaster and has admitted he sucks.

The Roosters will have a big, fast backline that can't tackle and their forwards have lost the aura of invincibility they once held and sides no longer fear them. Ricky will need something special to get the Roosters back to the decider next year.

The Raiders on the other hand...

lockyno1

Post Whore
I think about 3rd to 6th, will still be contenders but not as strong as the last 2 seasons.

I'd agree! The Roosters will be good but you WON't win a comp with Finch in your side! And definetely not when he is playing 5/8! He is an AVERAGE at best halfback, who knows how bad he is a 5/8! :roll:

My tip for the Roosters. They will still win against the lower sides with/without Fittler but they will struggle to get higher than 4th withough a decent 5/8! :clap:

Kingytek

Juniors
legend said:
The Dogs will be short on forward depth next year but will have a strong seventeen to kick the season off.

Losing Price, Feeney, Scott and Maiava means that if any of the forwards are injured, the Dogs depth will be severely tested and this will also be the case at rep time with O'Meley, Ryan and Mason likely to be out of action.

The Roosters will still be good, but not the benchmark. The loss of Fittler will be too much to overcome and pinning your hopes in Finch is a recipe for disaster and has admitted he sucks.

The Roosters will have a big, fast backline that can't tackle and their forwards have lost the aura of invincibility they once held and sides no longer fear them. Ricky will need something special to get the Roosters back to the decider next year.

Im glad these players didnt have an impact to the dogs finals charge :roll:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Im glad these players didnt have an impact to the dogs finals charge

Price did! He got you to the fianls are you that silly! He was your captain for a reason!

Greenblooded

Juniors
Kingytek said:
legend said:

Im glad these players didnt have an impact to the dogs finals charge :roll:

Did you read the post properly?? He said "if" the forwards are injured, this year the Dogs would have been able to cope more easily with forward injuries as opposed to next season.

lockyno1

Post Whore
We did this year...WITH Finch. Whos playing in the halves for you blokes next year? Ikin again? McGuire?....no I know...BERRIGAN!!!

But Fittler's not there. For goodness sake, Finch is NOT a 5/8 which is where he will be failing for you next year! Firman is a good halfback, but having Finch at 5/8 can ONLY mean 1 thing- losses! :roll:

Mr Saab

Referee
teams that lose 2 GFs in a row always fall back the next yr. Some harder than others.

dragons 92/3...shocking 1994
tigers 88/9...5th 1990
Manly 82/3...5th 1984
Collingwood (AFL) 2002/3...shocking 2004
Parramatta 76/7...minor semi finalists 1978

Roosters do have a strong team, but the 1/2s convern me.

ThrashViking

Juniors
Firman was brilliant last year but having had several knee reconstructions in as many years you'd have to wonder how he'll go stepping up in a young halves combination.

Charlie Saab said:
teams that lose 2 GFs in a row always fall back the next yr. Some harder than others.

tigers 88/9...5th 1990
Manly 82/3...5th 1984

gees least we have halfs - who will be the half for the broncos and surely lockyer will move back to fullback to avoid those rib ticklers he will receive

Mr Saab

Referee
Generalissimo Stalin said:
Charlie Saab said:

tigers 88/9...5th 1990
Manly 82/3...5th 1984

gees least we have halfs - who will be the half for the broncos and surely lockyer will move back to fullback to avoid those rib ticklers he will receive

yeah the chooks have halfs...a half that is mentally unstable!
As for Lockyer, any player can recieve a knock to the ribs. Its not uncommon. Lockyer and Seymour will do just fine in 2005.

Tidus_Raider

Bench
The Roosters will be there come semi-final time but definately not in the top 2. I think there defence is going to go backwards next season and they will leak more points.

Matt23

Staff member
5th or 6th, unless someone makes a comeback following a season ending injury to Firman, if that happens 2nd or 3rd

Jamesy

Juniors
fibro man said:
Amos Roberts will struggle to carry on his good form in the tri colours.

Someone bought to my attention last nite, we are saying how finch and firman will be the definite halve. what about roberts???? he could be the 5/8 couldn't he???? Just a question to ponder.

Pantherjim.

Referee
Without Freddy I think they'll JUST make the eight.

HOWEVER If Freddy makes a surprising comeback for pittance :roll: - (Didn't think you could even fit "pittance" under the Roosters already over-stretched cap! :lol: ) - I think they'll still make the top four.

Pantherjim.

God-King Dean

Immortal
strong_latte said:
_Anonymous said:
Goosters will crash and burn again, say hello to the wooden spoon, Joosters

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Keep dreaming mate! We won't see the mighty Roosters take out the wooden spoon in our lifetime!

More Rooster ignorance

Question: Did you think Souths in their glory days would ever be going for their 3rd Wooden Spoon in a row?