What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roosters v Broncos **Spoiler**

aids

Bench
monahan had a shocker, and mander was the most incompetent performace i have ever seen.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
How much did the Roosters pay for Monaghan again?? 2-300k??

On the other hand that Siaola Looks the Goods.

230 + what ever 3rd party deal he got :lol:

He has NOTHING. And last year I did not understand what the hype around Monaghan was. He has good speed but what else does he bring to the table??

t-ba

Post Whore
He was pretty good in 2003 and the early part of 2004.

He's gone downhill ever since he signed with the Latte's though.

Obviously has nowhere near as much ticker as his brother.

legend

Coach
I'll take Frawley thanks. ;-) I'm looking forward to the round five clash against the Roosters. Should be very interesting to see Finch and Moanghan together for the first time against the Raiders.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Jake the snake said:
He has NOTHING. And last year I did not understand what the hype around Monaghan was. He has good speed but what else does he bring to the table??

He doesnt have good speed at all
in 03 he was a powerful hole runner and solid defender, not to mention the best player going for leaps.

last year he was ordinary in defence, he ran zero holes and when did he was ineffective and he didnt use his leap very well... seems he brought all that with him to the chooks...

:music1: Who needs Joel Monaghan, we got Craig Frawley :music1:

RABK

Referee
Monaghan was a gun in 2003. He scored something like 23 try's and was instrumental in turning the raiders into a top 8 side that year. Ever since then it has all been down hill and where it was once thought that Joel had the brighter future of the two, i now think most agree that Michael has a much brighter future.

renouf

Juniors
Not many sides can show the skill level we did tonight. I'm referring to the ball in hands.. the way some of them passed, juggled, slipped the ball into gaps was scintillating.

renouf said:
Not many sides can show the skill level we did tonight. I'm referring to the ball in hands.. the way some of them passed, juggled, slipped the ball into gaps was scintillating.

I agree, It was the Broncos of the 90's playing 2nite. Excellent Rugby League. They will be hard to beat but its still early in the season yet.

I know it's usually typical to see someone bashing a player after they've left the club that they support, but I was really upset after Monaghan had left last year, I wanted him to stay at the time. But after seeing his performances in the 2nd half of last year and the early performances this year, boyo I'm glad he left. He's a shocking defender, and it's only when I don't have the green goggles on you actually realise this. Overrated indeed.

But full credit to the Broncs, they played outstanding footy and are very scary this year.

RABK

Referee
Just wait till after origin to judge the Broncos. That's when the pressure gets applied to them. While i do think that they will be better of this year in the post origin games as they won't have as much talent in the origin series, the top 6 or 7 players will still be playing, placing a huge emotional and physical toll on the club.

NPK

Bench
Red and Blue Knight said:
Brisbane 14-0 Roosters

Tate scored

GOODNIGHT ROOSTERS!

Spoke to soon. 14-12 to the Broncos. 35 minutes to go. Morley's hit on Webcke in the first hit up of the game was a beauty. Webcke wouldn't get hit like that often.

Mah, it was a hospital pass. Anyone can smash a flat footed player.

azza

Juniors
The Broncos were superb tonight. Very well done.

On the Roosters, as much as many here (including myself) enjoy laying the boot into them, I still think they can't be written off. They were pretty ordinary out wide in defence, and that doesn't surprise me with Monaghan there. At the Raiders he knew how to finish a backline movement from 20 metres out and get to the try line, but he is not a great defender aside from his ability under the high ball. But he isn't any worse than Walker.

The loss of Fittler is huge, but I think they just need to fully believe they can win without him. That's going to take some time, Finch and Firman aren't going to steer the team as well around the park at this stage. Wing is their best half.

Kiwi

First Grade
OK on the Broncos

How fast is Bott? He burned Wing and Cross like they were standing still. Damn that kid can move.

I wonder if the Rooster fans will be calling Justin Hodges, Fat Hodgo for long. He looked good tonight, only missed one tackle, had a try assist, 13 hit ups for 173 metres. Not a bad game, and he will still improve as the season goes on.

Last year I sat at a table in Mackay at Souths Leagues club, a table over was Big Artie Beetson, he couldn't talk Seymour up more, tonight I saw why.

The Broncos backline is deadly, the team missed bugger all tackles and the forwards look very fit.

If I had one thing to pick on, it's not taking the high ball on the full, thats it.

As for the Roosters.

Morley see what happens, you hit Webcke, yeah it was a good hit, but hows the concussion?

Take Cross and Mini out of the Roosters and they look very ordinary in attack tonight.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Brisbane lose Frawley and get Hodges
Canberra lose monaghan and get frawley
Roosters lose Hodges and get Monaghan

You have to say thus far well played by Brisbane and Canberra
Roosters... unlucky

Yeah, In Attack Seymour did ok but I thought it was mainly Lockyear and Hunt that were really creating. Stagg looks like he will be playing Origin this year, Good player.

Ghoulies

Bench
Great win for the Broncs.

Defence was a worry for the Roosters but theres no doubt Stuart will fix that over the week.