What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 Panthers Vs Cowboys - Panthers Stadium

panthersam

Juniors
Injuries haven't been kind to Morgan.

They still look bottom 4 roster. That said they will upset a few teams

Yeah Morgan is an interesting one, want to see how an off season has treated him. When he returned last year he looked way underdone still, was missing the simplest of tackles and just didn’t look ready to be there.

WestyLife

First Grade
The Cowboys had a terrible 2020, maybe they were excuses given Covid and bubbles and travelling long distances on game day etc.

New coach, no travel restrictions at this point and on paper they do have a decent roster.

I thought our trial against the Eels was really good, high intensity game against tough opponents.

It was a really solid performance even if only a trial and disappointing we didn’t put more points on the board, which we deserved given the performance.

Dangerous first round opponents, this will be a tough hard fought contest.

I thought we benefited from the ref staying out of it. Both teams just hit it out getting a good hit with fitness and attack/defence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Yeah Morgan is an interesting one, want to see how an off season has treated him. When he returned last year he looked way underdone still, was missing the simplest of tackles and just didn’t look ready to be there.

Shoulders are very hard to get right especially as a half. Take him out and they are very ordinary on paper

So until we see how he is. Hard to say how much they improve

Original Name

Juniors
Predicting a shut out. We won't blow them off the park but will be in control for most of the game and seal it within the last 20.

The_Frog

First Grade
G’day strangers. Anyone got any idea how many minutes Leota (or Leniu) get if either is starting. I assume JFH gets huge minutes.
Last year typically Tamou would go off at 20-25 minutes, and return at 60 mins, Fish would play 30 and 20 or 20 and 30, and Leota the 20 minutes either side of half time. I'd expect Leota to take the minutes Tamou was doing, with Leniu taking over the Leota role, playing the middle 40.

Girds89

Bench
I think leota is definitely used best at 20 mins maximum a stint. I love leota, one of my favourite players,but when he gets gassed he slows don't a shit load laterally and gets badly exposed at marker.

Depends if we go hopgood of eiso on the bench but if it's Eisenhuth I'd be looking at;

Fish will need to play 60 (65+ by mid year)
Leota 40
Leniu 35ish
Eiso 25

Exsilium

First Grade
Penrith will win.

Cows to score first through the middle.

Our response will be through a kick from Cleary to Capewell.

Luai to be the difference in attack.

Cowboys to score off our mistakes.

Penrith by 8

franklin2323

Immortal
I think leota is definitely used best at 20 mins maximum a stint. I love leota, one of my favourite players,but when he gets gassed he slows don't a shit load laterally and gets badly exposed at marker.

Depends if we go hopgood of eiso on the bench but if it's Eisenhuth I'd be looking at;

Fish will need to play 60 (65+ by mid year)
Leota 40
Leniu 35ish
Eiso 25

The 1st 3 I reckon you have spot on.
Eiso not so sure depends if Martin moves to the middle. There were times last year where the last benchie got not many minutes

Girds89

Bench
The 1st 3 I reckon you have spot on.
Eiso not so sure depends if Martin moves to the middle. There were times last year where the last benchie got not many minutes

Ivan's use of the bench last year was questionable at best. Carrying players on the bench and giving them no minutes adds nothing imo. Yes we had a great year, but ic needs to improve his bench rotations this year.

I dont car how good yeo and fish are. If they've played 60 odd straight and are out on there feet, keeping them on the park does nothing. IC needs to trust the 17 he picks and play all 4 benchies.