What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 team:

Thirsty Panther

Juniors
  • In the NSW cup, we looked to really struggle in the forwards.

I got to the game in time to see the second half of the NSW cup. Newcastle had a massive unit ( number 8 , I don't know his name) who was carrying 3 to 4 guys everytime he hit it up. Our guys seem to have no answer for him.

mxlegend99

Referee
The massive unit I saw had a 30 on his back and I thought they called him Likiliki. Although there was also the Knights number 10 who looked pretty massive. They had quiet a big pack compared to ours.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Likiliki is a massive unit. Warriors U20's coach John Ackland thought it would be a brilliant idea to play him on the wing, but despite the dumb selection he has a surprising amount of speed for his frame and hits it up without fear.

Knight's 10 was Korbin Sims maybe?

chrisD

Coach
RCG was ok, the NSW cup forwards were trying hard but Newcastle were pretty dominant, our errors probably didn't give our forwards a fair chance. Latu didn't seem as big and formidable as I had hoped. Think starting Foster and playing Moseley from the bench might be the go.

betcats

Referee
Good win on Saturday, awesome to start with a home win after the last couple starts, NSW cup was disapointing but it is was a young side.

franklin2323

Immortal
RCG was ok, the NSW cup forwards were trying hard but Newcastle were pretty dominant, our errors probably didn't give our forwards a fair chance. Latu didn't seem as big and formidable as I had hoped. Think starting Foster and playing Moseley from the bench might be the go.

I rate Ayoub. maybe him off the bench and Moseley in NYC for a few weeks to get in real good form

chrisD

Coach
Watched the game again on tv, I didn't notice how good Taylor was live, played the full 80 looked good wide and great in the middle, great defence some classy hands and bent their line back more than our props. In the last ten minutes he was still rushing out of the line to pressure the kicker.

Didn't notice how good Moylan was, he was great, mistake free (refs missed one) good runs great hands in attack.

Prop rotation B was stronger, Latimore was our best prop, came on and bent the line back and made multiple offloads, glad he got a try. Don't know what possessed Kite to throw that ball that lead to the try or the other less effective geniused basketball one later but I'm ok with it because our props are playing so safe otherwise, too safe I think.

Soward made some poor reads in defence, Wallace was very good in defence. Both I think could kick deeper when they try and bomb the wingers, too many landed too far infield like 15m from touch.

Peachey good, just needs to get rid of the needless errors. Mansour made good defensive reads shutting down Gagai well.

Segs wasn't very good, he needs to pick his game up, Kingston was better.

Pomoz

Bench
Didn't notice how good Moylan was, he was great, mistake free (refs missed one) good runs great hands in attack.

Prop rotation B was stronger, Latimore was our best prop, came on and bent the line back and made multiple offloads, glad he got a try.

Soward made some poor reads in defence, Wallace was very good in defence.
Peachey good, just needs to get rid of the needless errors.

Segs wasn't very good, he needs to pick his game up, Kingston was better.
ChrisD, Thanks for that. I wasn't at the game I am not in Australia at the moment. I watched the fox coverage and you are right, you see more at the game. Nobody ever realised that Brandy used to run behind the defensive line barking instructions at the players. If he was out, our defence was never as good, but you couldn't see that on TV.

As I recall, Latimore started the year really well last year and then got injured. Glad to hear he has started well again. You are right, you couldn't see his or Taylor's impact on the TV. Taylor just looks classy though.

Agree about Peachy, but I think mistakes are part of the package that goes with a creative player. I suspect he will make quite a few errors but will get our chestnuts out of the fire a few times as well.

Segyaro had surgery in the off season and wasn't able to train for a while. He looks a bit unfit at the moment, I'm sure he will improve. Ivan made the right decision picking Kingston. He put in his usual gutsy hard working performance. When he and Taylor are on the field, there is a lot of tackling grunt happening.

I thought Kite was very good as well. Nothing flash, but he did the hard stuff without fuss. With Kite, Wallace and Taylor on the field, we seem a lot tighter in defence. I hope this is a trend and not a one off. Time will tell.

Latest posts