What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 teams

Vicious

Bench
I hope you guys are right, but I can't see anything in Lui, and just pray that Sheens does not get his contract renewal early in the season which may pressure him into moving Tuqiri to fullback and Moltzen to halfback when Tuiaki comes back when Lui is exposed for the reserve grade footballer which is the best I think he will ever be. I just hope our season is not over before he does it.

Very silly to write off a 19y.0 who is one of the very best of his age in the position he plays. Don`t forget that Jonathon Thurston spent the best part of two seasons in reserve grade before he signed with the Cowboys and established himself as the best halfback in the game. Most young players take a while to adjust to first grade, only a select few take to first grade like a duck to water from a young age.

westie

Bench
How about he goes back to reserve grade for two years then. Would be a good idea if there was one.

Vicious

Bench
How about he goes back to reserve grade for two years then. Would be a good idea if there was one.

Playing Thurston for those two years in reserve grade when he was already good enough to be in first grade is the main reason he left for the Cowboys. I think if the Bulldogs had that time over again, they would have preferred to give Thurston plenty of more game time in first grade and he wouldn`t have ever left the club.
Holding good young players back doesn`t make them any better or worse players, but it does make plenty of them revolt and leave the club because of it !!!

gords

Juniors
Didn't the dogs let Thurston go due to off the fields dramas as well ?? Lui doesn't look like he can cut it and I still say I have doubts that he is only 19

Magpies Forever

Juniors
Lui can't pass, kick or organise. Let's not be silly and compare him to Thurston.

Oh yes, but thats nothing- its only little on-field things!!!! He trains magnificently- just ask Teflon and Benji.................

I dont mind giving him the benefit of the doubt and hope he does prove we doubters wrong. I just hope Teflon doesnt take the season to realise its not working if it doesnt work from game 1.

DanOz

Juniors

And this is what I can't understand. Sheens is known for bringing people through slowly, sometimes a little too slowly. Yet he wants to rush this kid through even though we won every game with Moltzen playing half. I could understand it more if he were too old for U20's but there is simply no reason I can fathom to start the year with him when he is so obviously not ready and it is unknown whether he ever will be up to the standard.

Magpies Forever

Juniors
And this is what I can't understand. Sheens is known for bringing people through slowly, sometimes a little too slowly. Yet he wants to rush this kid through even though we won every game with Moltzen playing half. I could understand it more if he were too old for U20's but there is simply no reason I can fathom to start the year with him when he is so obviously not ready and it is unknown whether he ever will be up to the standard.

I'd suggest there is a element of Teflon's pigheadedness there. If he admits Moltzen SHOULD play there, he has to acknowledge he got it wrong first half of last season with Benji at half and Moltzen elsewhere. Lui should not be our half a this stage of the season and needs more time to prove himself and settle in lower grades but what can we do?

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Not sure about Lui's organisational skills, but his kicking against the Sharks was great, particularly his long kicking game.

I know it was only the Sharks, but still. Our long kicking game has f**ked us in the last few years so I'm kind of hoping he will help us improve this at the very least.

Bricey

Juniors
Not sure about Lui's organisational skills, but his kicking against the Sharks was great, particularly his long kicking game.

I know it was only the Sharks, but still. Our long kicking game has f**ked us in the last few years so I'm kind of hoping he will help us improve this at the very least.

Whats his short kicking game like?

If his long kicking game is ok, it would give is 3 genuine options with him and benji wide of the ruck, and robbie stepping out from dummy half on his left foot.

Would be great to have an extra option close to the line to either put points on or get a repeat set

Tiger Hawk

Bench
In the Roosters trial he would have put in about 5 or 6 short kicks - all of which were dreadful. Got a good hoof on him but definitely needs to work on his attacking kicks

westie

Bench

Mate, on the front foot, any one can have a long kicking game. With time to line it up, you and I could send a tonk downfield. Lui's problem is, and always will be, that he's a front foot player. Once we're under the pump, he'll be hanging out pretending he's a fullback again.

cerberus

Coach

from what i saw of lui the other week .he looks ok .he definately looks like he should get first shot at 7.

time to suck it and see

RedVDave

First Grade
Didn't the dogs let Thurston go due to off the fields dramas as well ?? Lui doesn't look like he can cut it and I still say I have doubts that he is only 19

I think Lui is a pretty good player hes main concern would have to be his defence though.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ankle injury,training with BRET...2 to 3 weeks
Can't be much of an ankle injury. He played for BRET on the weekend and scored a try.

And he's listed at halfback again this weekend.

Maybe Sheens has shown his cards already regarding Arana.

Borat.

Juniors
Mate, on the front foot, any one can have a long kicking game. With time to line it up, you and I could send a tonk downfield. Lui's problem is, and always will be, that he's a front foot player. Once we're under the pump, he'll be hanging out pretending he's a fullback again.

Captain obvious....

He had a great kicking game against Manly and we were dominated in the forwards....

super_coach

First Grade
When you think of the no7's we have tried over the past decade he is a world beater. Iam willing to go with Farah and Marshall judgment of Lui.

Latest posts