What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Parramatta Discussion + Voting

diddi kong

Juniors
1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh ( if fit)
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCollough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Dodds
15. Teo
16. Gillett
17. Capewell

Big Pete

Referee
Depth: Cronulla, Gold Coast, Manly, St. George, Souths, Sydney, Warriors, Tigers
No-Depth: Brisbane, Canberra, Bulldogs, Melbourne, Newcastle, North Queensland, Parramatta, Penrith

Apparently Reed & Parker can play at Lock but can't play Second Row. Lui, Gibb & Slyney don't exist and they haven't got the memo on Whitchurch.

Despite their NSW centric slant I've always enjoyed Big League but boy this is just a lot of hot garbage.

EDIT: This is their system. Each player was graded between 1-3 points with 3 being the highest. The points were based on their representative records, International players earn 3, Origin 2 and the rest 1. So Alex Glenn is 3 times the player of Matt Gillett & Ben Te'o who are as good as Cameron Ciraldo.

Last edited:

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh ( if fit)
6. Norman
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCollough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Dodds
15. Teo
16. Gillett
17. Capewell

Wow, so you tip Capewell to take this spot ahead of Hunt or Baptiste?

diddi kong

Juniors
i don't tip it, my pick. i know anderson will play, and hunt is more than likely too. , and only because i dont want to go through the double hooker shit anymore. hunt is a terrible hooker, i really rate baptiste but no 2 hookers.

user_nat

Coach
No 2 hookers.. So what is Capewell for?

He certainly doesn't seem to be in contention for the 5/8 spot anymore and a backup 5/8 makes even less sense than a spare hooker.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Good news people i think i may be going to the game now.

Capewell can cover centre, wing and fullback as well, but i still feel it would be best if Hunt can continue to learn off the bench the more he plays the better he will become.

jakepearce94

Juniors
My Team for Friday Night:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Gerard Beale
3. Jack Reed
4. Justin Hodges
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Josh McGuire
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker
14. Matt Gillett
15. Ben Te'o
16. Scott Anderson
17. Mitchell Dodds

Need to turn Andrew McCullough into an 80 minute hooker i believe, Ben Hunt is shite ! he has not even the slightest bit of talent and i dont know why we continue to talk him up. If Thats the bench chosen it has muscle and go-forward amongst it. Josh McGuire and Scott Anderson can provide that impact. and Ben Te'o and Matt Gillett can roam around the edges of play.

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Agreed about Hunt. He needs to be sent back to Q cup immediately to learn how to play in the halves. How do people expect him to be the next halfback when he's been playing 20 min a game at hooker?

I'd rather Capewell on the bench.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't mind having Hunt on the bench for first couple of weeks as cover but after that and if things pan out with Corey he should be swapped for Baptiste or an impact forward.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Yeah, I agree that Hunt needs to be on the bench as cover. If Norman is playing poorly, we have an option that isn't named Matt Gillett.

DeeJ

Bench
Thaiday at prop?

Glenn and even worse Teo starting in the backrow over Gillett?!

McGuire not starting after last years form is interesting as well.

beads6

First Grade
Good strong side. Just need our 6,7 and 9 to play to potential and we should play finals footy IMO. Massive pack. McGuire and Gillett will provide massive impact off the bench.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Thaiday at prop?

Probably just covering for Petero. I expect we'll see him back in the second row next week.

McGuire not starting after last years form is interesting as well.

That is interesting, however Hook may see more benefit in the impact of McG coming off the bench against tiring opposition. Lord knows he wouldn't start Anderson after some of the abysmal first hit ups he's taken.

Latest posts