What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Parramatta Discussion + Voting

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
I like the team. We have great impact off the bench with McG and Gillette. Anderson won't offer much except some breathing time for Hannant (who always looks like he needs it).

I hope Hunt only spells McC for max 20 mins. There were games last season where it felt like McC was off for agesssss.

jakepearce94

Juniors
yeah the thaiday at prop was a no-brainer. would have rathered Gillett in Te'os spot although it seems that maybe we might be close to re-signing te'o? can't believe Hunt's there.We do need a back up hooker for mccullough but Hunt seriously? we could pick a better player out of redcliffe(butterworth).

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
can't believe Hunt's there.We do need a back up hooker for mccullough but Hunt seriously? we could pick a better player out of redcliffe(butterworth).

I'd like to see him get one more chance at making a serious impact as a utility. I'd say this is pretty much his last roll of the dice in that regard anyway. He didn't exactly set the world on fire in the trials.

BTW, Baptiste would get a shot at back-up hooker after Hunt.

broncos70

Juniors
Hunt will be the next Cronk. Everyone thinks he sucks until he gets his chance to shine as a halfback. He has a similar style of play as well if anybody remembers watching him in the u/20s

broncos70

Juniors
yeah, I just think Hunt is wasted as a hooker and is such a good halfback. There was a reason he got best player of the comp at halfback in the u/20s.

Anyway, don't mind the team, I think Mcguire is good off the bench in this game as the props on the field might be weak if both he and hannant sub off at the same time!

I'm guessing Anderson will drop off the bench next week?

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Good strong team, I think the decision of Teo ahead of Gillett proves that as Matt would slot into any teams backrow in the NRL, having said that i would have preffered it if McGuire started over Teo, also I'd like to see Dodds come onto the bench instead of Anderson. Nothing against Anderson I just like Dodds and his defense which could be crucial at the end of either half.

I am more than happy with Hunt on the bench, for the time being. I think if Norman plays well after the first month and half 2 months then Hunt should drop down to QCup and play at Halfback.

Spud

Juniors
Got to admit, I don't really like the idea of Thaiday at prop, he hasn't really been effective there is the past compared to his games an second row. In saying that can't really make a case for either Glenn or Te'o to drop back to the bench.

gUt

Coach
Smash the slimy, legless, slithering things back into last century please.

jakepearce94

Juniors
I'd like to see him get one more chance at making a serious impact as a utility. I'd say this is pretty much his last roll of the dice in that regard anyway. He didn't exactly set the world on fire in the trials.

BTW, Baptiste would get a shot at back-up hooker after Hunt.

Yeah baptiste is out injured though unfortunately

Snappy

Coach
Thats a great looking team I reckon. Norman is the weak link but if he steps up I reckon we'll go pretty good this year.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well I won't be able to watch it, but hopefully we get a win. Unfortunately I have a prior engagement on Friday.

Good team although, putting Wallace at 6 and Hunt at 7 makes more sense imo!

POPEYE

Coach
don't forget that cronk was a half assed utility before he got his shot at halfback!

And he couldn't read before he opened a book either.

The Eels have more sorting out to do than the Broncos so imo the home side will not be the favourites for this one

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
don't forget that cronk was a half assed utility before he got his shot at halfback!

Same as Thurston, Johns and probably countless others. Hunt just hasn't stepped up in the opportunities he's been given as a starting playmaker, perhaps he carried too much hype from his success in NYC. Here's hoping this year he's able to do something from the bench.

Latest posts