What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Parramatta Discussion + Voting

Mr Fourex

Bench
cant believe you could give 3 points to Wallace on that match.

Mystifying to me as well........dropped balls, sloppy passing, his cross kicks are still tentative and still don't get enough air

and the in goal brain snap of "MINE.....mine......mine.......nahh you take it" and then run in front of the player so he has zero chance of catching it........

3 points........pfft!! :?

Anyhoo.....went to the game Friday night and even though it had been a couple of wet miserable days in the lead up, the ground looked in good condition and as a spectator, I still managed to remain relatively dry. The Eels looked very strong in defense in the 1st 15-20 min and I thought were in control. The Broncs simply wore them down and if our own attack didn't quite gel.......Parramatta were worse.

I thought Justin Hodges showed very good signs of things to come (on the proviso he remains on the field for us). Took all his chances and was a handful every time he touched the ball.

Hannant was next best. The Polar bear was strong in both attack and defence. They were some good hits going on out there

The one point could go to Gillett, McGuire, Parker, Thaiday .......Hunt looked sharp ...

Thought Norman's confidence started to grow in the last 10 mins.

3. Hodges
2. Hannant
1. Gillett

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
The thing about Wallace is that, if you really rated Hodges performance, you should give Wallace a lot of credit as he gave him a lot of good ball.

Good kicking game, scored the all important try.

Not sure about 3 points, but definitely worthy of praise.

hellteam

First Grade
If Norman focuses mainly on running the ball he will go well. Looks quite strong and reltively quick this year.

Once the other teams are aware of his ball running it will open up the opportunity to ball play.

Wallace was average. Don't see how anyone could say he was man of match....

beads6

First Grade
Wallace is a whipping boy not surprised at all to see him not get any credit for a good performance. Steered them team around well, scored an important try and as BP said got the ball to Hodges on plenty of occasions. Everyone is an expert I guess.

IBA

Juniors
Yeah same old whipping for Wallace. I thought he was great. 4 players in the halves on the field, including a half a million dollar a year recruit, no one held a candle to Wallace.

Not a perfect performance, couple of sloppy passes which I'm sure can be forgiven seeing how many handling errors there were in the greasy conditions and of course the incident. McGuire should have had his foot over the line if he is standing there though...

He kicked very well, both short and long, got some great ball out to hodges and a couple of great shorter balls too. Defended well as usually. I felt he was very involved and kept the team moving around well. I swear some of you will need him to personally save your life before you give him a piece of credit.

On another note, great to see the couple if kicks through for Hoffman. I'm sure they'll try them a few times a week.

Hannant had his best game in a while. Probably since all stars game last year. Huge effort from him, very deserving of MOTM.

Hodges deserves a mention too, great to see him moving.

I also thought Hunt was a little better than Mac. Not a fan of Hunt in the utility role but he did well.

Norman started to get his feet. I think he'll be good. There is certainly a bit of a spark there. Let's seem him on a dry track...

3. Hannant - Just a powerhouse performance and tried to get involved everywhere he could. Defence and offence and everything you want from a prop.
2. Wallace - He was the player you noticed on the field for me. Constantly keeping things moving and performed well.
1. Gillett - Love watching him play. Expecting a big year from him.

AceAv

Juniors
Happy bronx 2012 everyone! Great to see this all class team again picking up from where they left off.

I was confident from minute one that parrashatta would be no match and though they defended well against our pretty average attacking plays in the first half. Griffins mastery steered us towards the line and got us a good result for game 1.

I for one am excited about Norman after tonight. I just hope we can get those big high lockyer kicks back so our forwards can dominate field pos. Wallace looking like he is ready to step up for some leadership as is our new captain. Gonna be a good season I'm sure.

3. Hannant
2. Hodges
.5 Parker
.5 Wallace

Last edited:

Latest posts