What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs. Parramatta Discussion + Voting

God-King Dean

Immortal
Fantasy question: You guys reckon Norman will maintain his 5/8th spot?

I'm going for cheap halves & Norman is my 6 atm. I've got some nuffy who won't play FG as the back up. This makes me pretty nervous as I remember Norman got cut not long into last season.

hellteam

First Grade

I'm going for cheap halves & Norman is my 6 atm. I've got some nuffy who won't play FG as the back up. This makes me pretty nervous as I remember Norman got cut not long into last season.

To be fair Norman only got cut because Hoffman came back from injury if I remember correctly.

lockyno1

Post Whore

Honestly I think there are better "cheap" halves to pick! Norman might last but then again Ben Hunt is there, I would honestly look at the Cowboys halves. Just have questions on whether Norman will last, that said I expect him to be given half the season.

Big Pete

Referee
Unsure how credible the source is but on Not The Footy Show they reckon Gagai & Slyney are on stand by for Round 1.

Big Pete

Referee
Well there you go.

Not sure if I like the change that much though. Thought it'd be smarter to swap a prop for a prop, especially given we're already light in that department.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Well there you go.

Not sure if I like the change that much though. Thought it'd be smarter to swap a prop for a prop, especially given we're already light in that department.

I like it, it is meant to be wet, you need less traditional props in that weather and more mobile players, Anderson is average anyway.

Big Pete

Referee
I don't know about that assertion. I would have thought controlling the middle would have been a bigger priority. I don't think having a backrow playing out of position would be as smart as selecting a natural front row forward. It's for that reason I'm surprised Hook didn't select Dodds. A natural prop who can really make a difference in defence when things get tough.

All the best to Slyney though and I hope he lives up to some of the wraps a couple of the Dolphins fanboys are giving him. He was compared to Thorn on the podcast.

Big Pete

Referee
Nick Slyney

00132920_Image.jpeg

Former North Queensland Cowboy backrower who came to Brisbane via Redcliffe.

Highly regarded by Dolphins fans and has apparently trained the house down during the pre-season.

Also belted Todd Carney when Carney was playing for Atherton.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Would have preffered Dodds honestly, as i said in an earlier post i would have preffered him even to anderson, but I trust Pete and his dolphin informants that this guy has the goods.

In other news i will no longer be able to attend the game as i have uni commitments now unfortunately but i will still be watching it hopefully.

some11

Referee
Dodds practically stops before he hits the line.

Shame Hala got injured, the guy is a monster.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Granted Dodds isn't the best at bending the line but he is probably one of if not the best defender in the Broncos pack and this ability would be greatly needed at the end of each half in my opinion.

I agree with your point of Hala, he was primed for a big year by all accounts and if his performances at the end of last season were anything to go by then he was in for a big big year. Is there any news on a return date? The broncos website just says indefinite?

some11

Referee
I agree with your point of Hala, he was primed for a big year by all accounts and if his performances at the end of last season were anything to go by then he was in for a big big year. Is there any news on a return date? The broncos website just says indefinite?

Round 6 at the earliest.

user_nat

Coach
Happy to see Slyney get a go. The last couple of Qcup guys to get a run in round 1 ended up being pretty good.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
I liked Slyney when he played for Nth QLD. Seems like a tough no nonsense player. Also I love the fact that he belted up Todd Carney in Atherton out one night hahaha.

Latest posts