What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1 vs Warriors

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Judging by some of the comments I'm glad we won, I can only imagine what a loss would have produced.
After last year's end to the season, this year 2 trial wins and a scrappy 1st round, I'll take that every day.
My observation title contenders Rorters and South's , poor trial form and first up loss, wooden spoon contenders Dragons 3 from 3. Of course we can get better but 2 points is 2 points no matter how you get them.
100%

Mojo

Bench
I know Sullivan is nursing an injury of some sort and is easing into 1st grade and Hunt is an excellent halfback but, once Sullivan is fit any good coach would shift Hunt to hooker. The three amigos + Hunt, with Mulheisen coming along, is potentially a fantastic set up for the immediate and the long-term future.

kit66

Bench
I watched the replay earlier and a couple of takeaways were;
1, The ref let the warriors lay all over us and slow us down for the whole game, a really poor effort from the ref. When we did get some quick play the balls we looked deadly. Hopefully next week we get a ref who gives us a fair go in that dept - although Penrith are more disciplined than NZ.
2, Apart from his brain fart and a couple of missed tackles GJetski wasn't too bad. It looks to me like they're training him up to be a JDB clone as an attacking, ball playing Lock, able to chime into an attack with a good quick pass to spread the ball wide which he did in this game quite well. Just needs to work on his defence.
3. Speaking of JDB he looks really trim and fit and playing with intent. 150mtrs is well above his average. Kerr and Lawrie too made above average metres. Kerr also 23 tackles (2nd most) no misses.
4. Of the new guys, Su'a and Suli were just great, Molo good but a little suspect in leaving gaps in the line, needs someone yelling at him, getting him into position, GJetski mentioned above, Woodsy does what he does, hopefully his hammy or cork doesn't keep him out long, Mbye is a smart cookie and really good defender will be great off the bench.
5. McC's worst game for us to date and it didn't help Hunt, hopefully they both get back on track next week.
6. Early ball wide, I say it over and over. We'll be deadly both sides with EARLY BALL WIDE. Doesn't help getting slow play the balls but you know, watch the Charity shield, it works.
7. Mikaele Ravalawa is my favourite person in the world.

kit66

Bench
Sims
Burgess
in this week
4 forwards on bench w Molo , Kerr

mcculloch out
Gosiewski out

Mbye to 9..

How did those two go in the KOE cup, they were listed as the starting props. We got flogged by Parra I think.

Last edited:

mickeylane

Bench
How did those two go in the KOE cup, they were listed as the starting props. We got flogged by Parra I think.
Does it matter their experience and power especially against Panthers is a must.. need Mbye at Hooker as well

itsme

Juniors
I know Sullivan is nursing an injury of some sort and is easing into 1st grade and Hunt is an excellent halfback but, once Sullivan is fit any good coach would shift Hunt to hooker. The three amigos + Hunt, with Mulheisen coming along, is potentially a fantastic set up for the immediate and the long-term future.
Those guys will be our future, no doubting that.

One thing we need to be mindful of (and expect) is that will not be at their best every week. They are young and learning to be NRL players. They are going to make mistakes and they will have some bad games....thats a given.

I only hope that people understand this and they dont get crucified when it happens.

Let them develop and enjoy watching and supporting them.

I thought Sua was fantastic - my man of the match. Rava is an immovable object - he scores tries not many other wingers would get. Ramsey was very good. Sloan is very busy and very classy and I’m sure he’ll learn from the brain snap that gifted the Warriors a try. He’s a massive upgrade on Dufty. Suli also a huge improvement over the centre options we had last year, he looked threatening all night.
Would like to see a more confident Amone next game, he was very subservient to Hunt last night.
Lots to improve upon of course but an ugly win in round one will do for now.
Impressed when Sloane stood his ground and tackled a marauding Fonda Blake after he burst through JDB and Woods. Matt would have been looking for an intercept:)

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Barring a few indiscretions which lasted longer than we would have liked and at times we lost our shape I thought we went ok.....the Warriors got away with murder for most of the game, slowing the play the ball, offside most of the match and certainly got the rub of the green so to speak....Hunt and Amone looked a bit disjointed at times which is to be expected but the kid will be ok when he gets some more experience under his belt......I was going to add that young Sloan needs to understand when and when not to get involved and not to overplay his hand, but then thought nah just let the kid have a free reign....hes that talented and freekish let him go.......I said it last year over and over and its not rocket science I know but seriously if we are to be up there in 2022 we need to desperately address the hooking position..........one thing that was noticeable after this weekends rounds theres NO weak teams in this comp.....everyweek will be a new challenge and Hook will have to have our blokes ready come kick off

RedVDave

First Grade
My God,

This horse has been flogged to death it's not going to happen Hunt is our halfback and that's where he is staying, period.