What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 1

Twenty10

Juniors
Right, Rd 1 team will actually provide some tough selections. For mine, we must pick all of the new faces. I like what I saw from most...

Forwards: Having butcher and O'Brien for size helped our halves immensely. They will improve and I think it's imperative they are selected. Who gets left out? Will be tough call but With Ah Mau cementing his spot last night I think either rose or Butcher will miss out. My preference being rose on balance.

Creagh
Rein / Lestrange
O'Brien
Thompson
Frizzel
Merrin

Bench: Cooper, De belin, Rose, Ah Mau, Butcher (one to miss out).

Backs: the key selection for me is Nabuli. He's an absolute must. He offers huge threat out wide.

Dugan
Nabuli
Aitken
Neilson / Peter M
Nightingale
Widdop
Marshall

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Right, Rd 1 team will actually provide some tough selections. For mine, we must pick all of the new faces. I like what I saw from most...

Forwards: Having butcher and O'Brien for size helped our halves immensely. They will improve and I think it's imperative they are selected. Who gets left out? Will be tough call but With Ah Mau cementing his spot last night I think either rose or Butcher will miss out. My preference being rose on balance.

Creagh
Rein / Lestrange
O'Brien
Thompson
Frizzel
Merrin

Bench: Cooper, De belin, Rose, Ah Mau, Butcher (one to miss out).

Backs: the key selection for me is Nabuli. He's an absolute must. He offers huge threat out wide.

Dugan
Nabuli
Aitken
Neilson / Peter M
Nightingale
Widdop
Marshall

I agree with most of this team. But I thought Farrell was pretty good for us last night. He certainly looks bigger in person than on t.v. Also Nabuli is a constant threat, Souths supporters were worried every time he touched the ball.

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
Brett Morris can get f**ked.

Nabuli is the goods. Not a broken down ego driven 29 year old.

Farrel was very good last might too. Great to see genuine competition for spots across the roster and the comradeship it develops.

I'm feeling very positive about the year ahead.

St Georgio

Juniors
Brett Morris can get f**ked.

Nabuli is the goods. Not a broken down ego driven 29 year old.

Farrel was very good last might too. Great to see genuine competition for spots across the roster and the comradeship it develops.

I'm feeling very positive about the year ahead.

Our new Black Porsche!

Saintjim

Juniors
A lot more excited for this year than last year hopefully we can prove some doubters wrong
Thought the butcher had a real good game for a player who was where he was a few months ago

ellskimore

Juniors
I was really impressed by the determination of our forwards last night. All of them had strong carries and looked dominant. I get that it was against a weaker Souffs pack, but they just had that intent to break the line.
Farrell and Nabuli were very impressive on the wings. With Farrell selected at wing, it may suggest he has been trained there all pre-season and he may not be a consideration at centre at this point.
Benji was definitely the stand-out half. Controlled the game well (except for that loose intercept pass).

kit66

Bench
Finally got to watch the Charity Shield and some highlights from the 9's.
I was impressed with Nabuli, O'Brien and Hutchinson among the newcomers and L'Estrange made some great dummy half runs, making good metres.
Not so impressed with Nutira, was easily handled by the defense who had no trouble driving him backwards, not a good look for for someone that big, maybe it's his running style. Georgie Rose doesn't have much to offer apart from maybe one or two good runs a game, cult status won't change that.

Of the regulars, most went alright with Benji's kicking and organizing, Rein's defence and Mata'utia's consistency and safe hands all standouts. Frizell continues to impress, great enthusiasm. Joel Thompson needs to step up, thought he was poor in the CS and the back half of last season.

For round 1 I'd like to see the following team run out ;

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Runciman
4. Mata'utia
5. Nightie
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brien
9. Rein
10. Ah Mau
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. De Belin
15. Cooper
16. Nutira
17. Thompson / L'estrange

Cagey Mac

Bench
I was impressed with Nabuli, O'Brien and Hutchinson among the newcomers and L'Estrange made some great dummy half runs, making good metres.
Not so impressed with Nutira, was easily handled by the defense who had no trouble driving him backwards, not a good look for for someone that big, maybe it's his running style. Georgie Rose doesn't have much to offer apart from maybe one or two good runs a game, cult status won't change that.

Of the regulars, most went alright with Benji's kicking and organizing, Rein's defence and Mata'utia's consistency and safe hands all standouts. Frizell continues to impress, great enthusiasm. Joel Thompson needs to step up, thought he was poor in the CS and the back half of last season.

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Runciman
4. Mata'utia
5. Nightie
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brien
9. Rein
10. Ah Mau
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. De Belin
15. Cooper
16. Nutira

Okay so I’m not far off that but I think that Aitken is more reliable in defence and creative than other options Mata’utia should be there to cover Dugan and Thompson to cover him. Not sure that L’estrange is an 80 minute player but looked better than Rein. Merrin hasn’t had enough game time yet to rank as a starter but happy to stand corrected there.

Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Mata'utia
5. Nightie
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brien
9. L'estrange
10. Ah Mau
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. De Belin

14. Merrin
15. Cooper
16. Rein
17. Thompson

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Runciman
4. Mata'utia
5. Nightie
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. O'Brien
9. Rein
10. Ah Mau
11. Creagh
12. Frizell
13. Merrin

14. De Belin
15. Cooper
16. Nutira

I don't know which Joel Thompson you were watching at the back half of last season but he played his best footy then. 80 mins a game and notching around or over 100m a game.

For mine, I'd have this as my round 1 team

1. Dugan
2. Nabuli
3. Aitken
4. Mata' utai
5. Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Marshall
8. Creigh
9. Rein
10. O'brien
11. Frizzell
12. Thompson
13. De Belin

14. L'estrange
15. Rose
16. Ah Mau
17. Cooper

Good backline with speed and skill. Size in the run on pack and off the bench with good D to start. But, just my humble opinion

St Tangles

Bench
I would go
1 Dugan
2 Nabuli
3 Aitken
4 Nielson
5 Nightingale
6 Widdop
7 Marshall
8 Cooper
9 Rein