What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 panthers v titans

franklin2323

Immortal
It doesn’t really matter if he can’t play more minutes than that though does it

How do you know he can't though? He doesn't look tired when he comes off. He could do 35min a game easily

He has a better tackle % then the bench

Gains more metres then anyone on the bench even more then Leota.

10mins more on the bench is very likely another 2 hitups. One he metres per run that puts the ave up to 120m a game.

Throw in 93% tackle rate and that is more then above ave for a prop

franklin2323

Immortal
They can flog him a shitload harder at training if they aren’t worried about keeping him fresh for a game on the weekend

Training only does so much though. To flog him in a game simulation others need the same. Making back to back tackles. Getting back 10m for repeated sets. Sometimes doubling up on hitups in a set. They are the match fitness stuff you can't get in training alone

hindy111

Post Whore
PARRA! You honestly fear Parramatta? They have nothing for us, especially in September. A true dream match up

We will see who the best pack in. I'm confident if we have our best 17 we will smack your pack out tbh.
Keep in mind Eels are yet to field the best 17. Id say Rheed alone is now top 3 hooker in game and Moses is back in form. Cartwright is looking razor sharp also. This will be a top game.

WestyLife

First Grade
I disagree, we have a really strong squad there’s nothing wrong rotating the middle forwards for a few weeks. None of the bench forwards should be guaranteed a spot. Leniu has not had a game this season as good as sorenson played on the weekend, you don’t just pick him because he is supposed to be better than sorenson and Huth.

I don't have an issue with rotating the forwards. It'll help depth immensely in case of injuries and rep football.

The reason we were given was he needed more game time AKA build match fitness. What's happening now is exactly the opposite of the objective they're trying to achieve and It'll take longer to get him up to the standard or there's something else going on.

betcats

Referee
Training only does so much though. To flog him in a game simulation others need the same. Making back to back tackles. Getting back 10m for repeated sets. Sometimes doubling up on hitups in a set. They are the match fitness stuff you can't get in training alone

Mate we have a sports science department I’m pretty sure they can get them fit. They spend days recovering from a game and then are preparing for the next, during the season the first grade guys only maintain their fitness they don’t have time to improve it.

If the coach thinks he needs to go down to reserve grade to work on fitness or anything else you don’t just move him back to firsts because COVID prevented him playing reserve grade.

betcats

Referee
I don't have an issue with rotating the forwards. It'll help depth immensely in case of injuries and rep football.

The reason we were given was he needed more game time AKA build match fitness. What's happening now is exactly the opposite of the objective they're trying to achieve and It'll take longer to get him up to the standard or there's something else going on.

They said they want play longer minutes. The idea he can’t get fitter without playing is ludicrous tbh. It’ll be much easier with him not having a game on the weekend they can literally have him running all week if they want, you can’t do that when they have to be ready for a game on the weekend.

Blade23

Juniors
Something clearly happened. He was at Wollongong to watch WT after the Bathurst game. Maybe he missed a team meeting or something to do that.

Very strange otherwise

He went to the Tigers game to see his mate Cini debut.

There is no off field issues or attitude problems at all.
His minutes the last few weeks have been declining. He has been used for quick short bursts. Ivan wanted him to have a good hit out in the reserves last weekend.
Unfortunately that didn't happen.
It could have been done another way with others playing less minutes but Ivan was keen to reward Sorensen and see how he went in FG.
With Origin coming up he will be back soon enough. Expect a few rotations with the pack.

betcats

Referee
If it’s something other than his fitness like the club had said then we are talking about nothing! Lol and if they did genuinely want him to play longer it wasn’t just going to happen with one reserve grade game and then he’s straight back, it would take longer than that to get his minutes up.

Last edited:

Jane Murray

Bench
We will see who the best pack in. I'm confident if we have our best 17 we will smack your pack out tbh.
Keep in mind Eels are yet to field the best 17. Id say Rheed alone is now top 3 hooker in game and Moses is back in form. Cartwright is looking razor sharp also. This will be a top game.
It appears that your team has received the exemption? If that is correct, that is unfair. The Eels knew the NRL's edict about not selecting NRL players in the NSW cup side, and ignored it, the only club to do so. That is unfair.

The Teach

Juniors

Top 3 yet you can't spell his name properly? He's nowhere near top 3...Harry Grant, Damien Cook, Api, Brandon Smith are the clear top 4, and there's probably others I've missed before REED is considered.

The_Frog

First Grade
This match is seven and a half weeks away. Why are you talking about it now?

franklin2323

Immortal

This. Surely you play him this week and send him back next week and even the week after

franklin2323

Immortal
He went to the Tigers game to see his mate Cini debut.

There is no off field issues or attitude problems at all.
His minutes the last few weeks have been declining. He has been used for quick short bursts. Ivan wanted him to have a good hit out in the reserves last weekend.
Unfortunately that didn't happen.
It could have been done another way with others playing less minutes but Ivan was keen to reward Sorensen and see how he went in FG.
With Origin coming up he will be back soon enough. Expect a few rotations with the pack.

Ivan's biggest issue is his bench usage. Storm and Roosters don't do stuff like this. They would just take minutes off someone else to give that player minutes

franklin2323

Immortal
Mate we have a sports science department I’m pretty sure they can get them fit. They spend days recovering from a game and then are preparing for the next, during the season the first grade guys only maintain their fitness they don’t have time to improve it.

If the coach thinks he needs to go down to reserve grade to work on fitness or anything else you don’t just move him back to firsts because COVID prevented him playing reserve grade.

If they could do then why not keep him in the top grade and flog him harder through the weeks.

Ivan for all his strengths bench usage isn't one of it. A few games this year Leota has only got one stint. Not many coaches don't bring a starting prop back on