What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 panthers v titans

betcats

Referee
Starting Naden probably has no difference Having a forward instead of back though. 2017 Robinson had 2 on the bench and they lost a Prelim

Nothing on the bench explains Kikaus performance or Nathans performance or the 26 points conceded in the first half from the best defensive side all year, the only thing that explains that is our mental state, we werent in the game till the last twenty minutes. Another forward on the bench, naden starting....none that makes any difference imo.

The_Frog

First Grade
Nothing on the bench explains Kikaus performance or Nathans performance or the 26 points conceded in the first half from the best defensive side all year, the only thing that explains that is our mental state, we werent in the game till the last twenty minutes. Another forward on the bench, naden starting....none that makes any difference imo.
They were spooked by being in a grand final, and it was 22-0 at half time. Things certainly didn't go our way but they made a lot of mistakes and all were punished. Not just Kikau or Cleary. Koroisau errors led to two of the three Storm tries in the first half. Cleary the third.

betcats

Referee
They were spooked by being in a grand final, and it was 22-0 at half time. Things certainly didn't go our way but they made a lot of mistakes and all were punished. Not just Kikau or Cleary. Koroisau errors led to two of the three Storm tries in the first half. Cleary the third.

Yeah we certainly looked rattled. I just called out the guys i remember the most but no one played well really besides maybe Nado who was good for his minutes. We finished a lot better than we started so I am not sure the bench hurt us besides not starting Naden of course.

Edit: And 22 points in the first half, my bad. I only watched once and I was a little intoxicated. 22 points in a half was the worst we did all year I am pretty sure of that, very out of character for them.

franklin2323

Immortal

Kikau's worst game of the year. He played 80 mins
May struggled also mainly in defence played 62mins

Then you look at the 3 guys that had played in big games elsewhere

Tamou 35 mins
Capewell 22 mins
Tetevano 19 mins

The Bench usage wasn't why the side lost but if used better could of atleast got the side back on track. Play some field position and build it from there.

So the bench usage is still Ivan's glaring weakness

betcats

Referee
Kikau's worst game of the year. He played 80 mins
May struggled also mainly in defence played 62mins

Then you look at the 3 guys that had played in big games elsewhere

Tamou 35 mins
Capewell 22 mins
Tetevano 19 mins

The Bench usage wasn't why the side lost but if used better could of atleast got the side back on track. Play some field position and build it from there.

So the bench usage is still Ivan's glaring weakness

Kikau was playing bad in his first minute his performance had nothing to do with the bench

martielang

Bench
Kiks was a hard one. He was making errors but ran over Hughes every time he touched the ball. I can understand why he played the 80. I had more issue with Martin getting long minutes when he'd been below average for over a month.

hindy111

Post Whore
You keep comparing Parra talking about their forwards and how great their pack it etc, it is annoying. No one here wants to talk about Parra other than to insult them. We play later in the year that will sort things out but i really doubt anyone here wants to talk Penrith v Parra right now.

We will talk more closer to the match. But I am happy to provide updated thoughts on the big game.

hindy111

Post Whore
Kiks was a hard one. He was making errors but ran over Hughes every time he touched the ball. I can understand why he played the 80. I had more issue with Martin getting long minutes when he'd been below average for over a month.

Kikau was one of the worse GF performances I have seen in a long time. Horrible.

BxTom

Bench
I think your the 2nd best side in the comp behind the Storm. South's I'd have next and then Eels. What is your problem with me? There might be a point where come finals I may jump onto the Penrith bandwagon
We beat Storm - without Cleary.

Jane Murray

Bench
You motherf**ker.

In both these games our sides bombed tries in first half that would of kept the scoreline close.
Within 10 I'd say at half time which changes the whole dynamic.
That intercept by Vunuvalu ended the game
I can not wait until rounds 16 and 25. Hopefully, we give the Eels a footballing lesson.

mxlegend99

Referee
They did have Papenhuazen,Kafusi and H.Grant out.
At this point I rate them no 1. Panthers defence looks better but Storms attack looks more fluent to my eye.
Panthers missing halfback and hooker. Lost fullback in first half.

Hynes at fullback makes minimal loss to Storm attack and Smith at hooker is likewise a minor downgrade. Their spine was at atleast 75% of its potential.

Panthers spine probably started out at 75% potential and dropped to about 50% when Edwards got injured and we threw May at fullback.

Storm look sweeter in attack against a putrid defence. Definitely. But there's not much between them against a good defence.

Latest posts