What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 panthers v titans

Kilkenny

Coach
The other thing I take out of tonight is Ivan needs to bring Spencer Lenui back into the 17.

I don’t know what he has done to lead to his demotion, obviously slept in and missed training by five minutes or whatever, hopefully that is all it was, but he is clearly one of our best 17 players.

Ivan needs to get him back in the 17 and give him 40 minutes minimum.

Spencer is a weapon but has been far underused thus far and we are doing ourselves a disservice by his omission. I’m thrilled to see J’Maine get a crack he has NRL written all over him but his time will come, in the mean t8me Ivan needs to get his top 17 on the field against the Bunnies and Spencer is part of our top 17.

WestyLife

First Grade
The nrl have needed to penalise foul play properly for years but have been too scared because people inevitably complain. The send offs were all justified. Some of the sin bins were a bit soft but that's judging by a standard that needed changing anyway.

Also when the hell did a "textbook" fend involve the elbow/forearm? What sport have people been watching? A fend is suppose to be the hand.

Original Name

Juniors
Great to see Kikau playing well again. Running hard and picking players up and dragging them backwards. His numbers don't reflect his quality even when he's playing well. A tackle where he manhandles an opposition half and drags him backwards 8 metres before planting him on his back is just one tackle on stats but it's more than that.

Panther Pete

Juniors
If a couple of years ago we put 48 points on a team I would have felt like I had won the lotto but now it’s almost like it’s expected or just another win, certainly a strange feeling for a Panther fan.

Obviously Cleary was a standout last night and I can’t help think if Dylan Edwards was faster he would be up there with Teddy and Turbo as the best fullback in the comp.

Smug Panther

First Grade
The nrl have needed to penalise foul play properly for years but have been too scared because people inevitably complain. The send offs were all justified. Some of the sin bins were a bit soft but that's judging by a standard that needed changing anyway.

Also when the hell did a "textbook" fend involve the elbow/forearm? What sport have people been watching? A fend is suppose to be the hand.
Nothing wrong with using your forearm and it was to the chest. Disgraceful call

betcats

Referee
It was the defenders neck. People don't want to concede a penalty don't make contact with the head/neck. JWH has been doing it for years with everyone complaining it's about time it's called.

Bullshit it hit his chest first there was nothing wrong with it. Youre allowed to put your forearm into someone’s chest, it was a ridiculous call.

betcats

Referee
We look better as a side with him on the left though. Kikau is too hot and cold and the pressure is all on Luai.

Right gets Yeo out there, Edwards and whoever is right centre out there.

Cleary throws those cut out passes then how much the right centre passes it means little

This a stupid comment. Critta is killing it at right centre we look way better with him there and the left side is way better since we moved him.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
This a stupid comment. Critta is killing it at right centre we look way better with him there and the left side is way better since we moved him.

You yourself said the left looked quieter last night. Infact take that awesome set play out last week and the left has had a few quiet weeks in a row

franklin2323

Immortal
It was the defenders neck. People don't want to concede a penalty don't make contact with the head/neck. JWH has been doing it for years with everyone complaining it's about time it's called.

Bounced up off the chest. Maybe you warn him on the run but certainly nothing to take a try off for. Won't be suspended and the sort of crap Bennett was calling out

betcats

Referee
Bounced up off the chest. Maybe you warn him on the run but certainly nothing to take a try off for. Won't be suspended and the sort of crap Bennett was calling out

Yep, I would get it if it hit his neck or face first but he put his arm into his chest and then it went up. Like the commentary said it happens a hundred times a game, they could have given a dozen penalties for similar ones in that game, it only got called because they were checking the try.

betcats

Referee
You yourself said the left looked quieter last night. Infact take that awesome set play out last week and the left has had a few quiet weeks in a row

No it hasnt. It was quiet last night but besides that Luai and Burton have been absolutely killing it as has To'o. I like Mom a lot and I defended him for his passing but its pretty clear that Critta is much better at setting up Staines than Mom and his defence has been awesome, his running game is back to its best.

betcats

Referee
I am unsure. I was asking a question. Sorry I should have been clearer.

No worries, I don't think he got put on report, the only ones I remember are Martin for the bumpers and Moses for his high shot. There could have been others but I think that was all for us, Moses probably misses a week, might get away with a fine. Martin will be fine.