What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v NZW

Mate, with the losses we see copping I truly think we need to try revolutionise the game again...

We did it with yeo and his ball playing in the 13...

I think over the next 12 months we probs need to try for something like that again...

I mean radical changes...

Tago to lock

Yeo to prop

McLean in, daeon in..

Edwards
Too
Mclean
Tiny
Daeon
Luai
Nath
Fish
.... anyone maybe simpkins
Yeo (can still ball play from prop role)
Martin
....... anyone of promise... (hosking is ok but he's just a solid nrl player)
Tago (cam Murray role in the 13... fast and direct up the guts against tired blokes.)

Leota
Smith
Sorensen
Iongi... (bring him on as a roving lock) would expect him to take hit ups but follow the ball every where looking for offloads.

I don't know what the answer is but panthers ball is done. We need to try new things...

That's been the most disappointing thing for me... nothing from Ivan suggests he's done anything to change our game or realise we aren't the same team..

Even his press conference on the weekend he seemed happy with the performance lol... off his head
This must be a comedy post; surely.

Girds89

Bench
This must be a comedy post; surely.

I don't know what the answer is cwp but we need to keep mixing our game up...

Why do you think Bellamy has been elite for 20 years...

He has constantly changed and adapted and been on the front foot to revolutionise the game...

Melbs have had a horrible injury run over the last few years...

But Bellamy has always, always mixed up the storms game..

He's never just settled on a winning formula

So no my post isn't some comedy post

I said before a ball was kicked we'd struggle this year... and here we are playing panthers ball still and we look bog average in attack cause Ivan hasn't changed anything...

You don't need to make the changes I suggested but Ivan needs to adapt and develop the squad..

The comedy is if he thinks we can still win a comp with Kenny at hooker and hosking or soro taking kiks role still playing the same game plan...

I'm firmly in the belief our success was alot due to the fact we really revolutionised the game with yeos role in the 13...

Might be scary to some to change up what's been a winning formula but... ask someone who has had 20 years of success like Bellamy and I bet he'd tell you the key to success is to always adapt and change and be better...

Teams can't work you out that way

martielang

Bench
It’s a hard season to judge where we’re at. We’re well below our best, are marquee players are well down, and are attack is atrocious and predictable. But would I and most people back us to beat South’s/Broncos/Storm if the GF was tomorrow? Yep.

Murraymob1

Juniors
We frustrate the teams that like to throw the call around parra Souths Brisbane That alone keeps in with a chance we just need to speed in a few areas

Girds89

Bench
It’s a hard season to judge where we’re at. We’re well below our best, are marquee players are well down, and are attack is atrocious and predictable. But would I and most people back us to beat South’s/Broncos/Storm if the GF was tomorrow? Yep.

I'd have south's beating everyone by 13+

At our absolute best I think we could keep them to within 6.... not sure we have the x factor at our best to beat them this year when they are at there best.

They're defence this year has gone up a few notches

Chins get the wins

First Grade

At our absolute best I think we could keep them to within 6.... not sure we have the x factor at our best to beat them this year when they are at there best.

We have outplayed them twice this year. Souths don't worry me

WestyLife

First Grade
The warriors are being robbed according to fans and the main sponsor for their club. Pretty serious allegations.

kinghippo

Juniors
Mate, with the losses we see copping I truly think we need to try revolutionise the game again...

We did it with yeo and his ball playing in the 13...

I think over the next 12 months we probs need to try for something like that again...

I mean radical changes...

Tago to lock

Yeo to prop

McLean in, daeon in..

Edwards
Too
Mclean
Tiny
Daeon
Luai
Nath
Fish
.... anyone maybe simpkins
Yeo (can still ball play from prop role)
Martin
....... anyone of promise... (hosking is ok but he's just a solid nrl player)
Tago (cam Murray role in the 13... fast and direct up the guts against tired blokes.)

Leota
Smith
Sorensen
Iongi... (bring him on as a roving lock) would expect him to take hit ups but follow the ball every where looking for offloads.

I don't know what the answer is but panthers ball is done. We need to try new things...

That's been the most disappointing thing for me... nothing from Ivan suggests he's done anything to change our game or realise we aren't the same team..

Even his press conference on the weekend he seemed happy with the performance lol... off his head
We have had a pretty good sample size of very poor attack from the team for this whole year, we obviously have excuses but the reality is it’s not looking much better week to week.

Im not sure we need to go radical, but I would like to see at least a few attack minded changes.

It’s a very new problem for Ivan, he has been blessed at the Panthers with some very gifted attack minded players, but the team has slowly shifted to a very basic unit.

A large majority of players are solid, good defenders who turn up and tackle and will put the big effort in when needed in defence.

They are the reason we have been so dominant the last few years, but loosing a few more key attacking weapons has left us in a pickle at the moment.

The recruitment has also focused on solid rather than spectacular with the likes of garner and hosking. The game has changed again this year and we haven’t adapted, defensive lines are decent across the board and it’s the team with a bit of X factor that are coming out on top.

Tackle busters and speed are ruling the comp and compared to many we just don’t have enough of it.
I don’t have all the answers but I would like to see a bit more size in the team especially on the bench, switch the rotations up, maybe bench fish, start Luke, peach utility. Rotate the second row a bit more for some extra impact. Start Smith/ Henry for some grunt work with leota, bring on fired up fish and Spencer’s 20 in.

Take a few calculated chances as a start before going radical.

The Warriors should be asking the NRL why Broncos have played 2 games outside Qld. and the Warriors seem to be on the road a fair bit.
Hip drops have been sin bins all season, the striking? who knows.
All fans blame the inconsistent Ref rulings.

martielang

Bench

Nah no chance. We match up good against Souths.

WestyLife

First Grade
Nrl could have at least organised it so Broncos weren’t playing an away game for magic round

The "home team" get financial benefits if I remember correctly.

Warriors are about to have 5 or 6 weeks that are mostly in nz and have 2 byes.

betcats

Referee
The warriors are being robbed according to fans and the main sponsor for their club. Pretty serious allegations.

I thought their try was a blatant forward pass tbh, they deserved the try they had pulled us apart so i didnt really care but I think it could've been pulled up. The second sin binning was a bit harsh but it was a slap so if you do that you leave yourself open to it. The first sin binning was completely in line with what is happening across the league tbf so I dont think they can complain about that.

age.s

First Grade
All teams play 25 games right? The magic round game is neutral* to account for the odd number.

*except for the Gronks obv.

The Warriors should be asking the NRL why Broncos have played 2 games outside Qld. and the Warriors seem to be on the road a fair bit.
Hip drops have been sin bins all season, the striking? who knows.
All fans blame the inconsistent Ref rulings.

I mean, the fact there’s three other Queensland teams and their home ground is being used as a World Cup venue has a bit to do with that.

snickers007

Juniors
All teams play 25 games right? The magic round game is neutral* to account for the odd number.

*except for the Gronks obv.

Each play 24 games.

But yeah, going forward that should be the plan, and split the total gate 17 ways.

Exsilium

First Grade
Teams who are in the contest and do something to shift momentum the other way, will always feel hard done by. We've had a tonne of dud calls but it's just the type of season we're having.

Latest posts