What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 v Rabbits Game Day Thread

Kornstar

Coach
What happened with Wicks and Gower? It can't have been all that bad because they came back to feature

They both left the field for concussion tests in consecutive tackles. Both were hit high, Gower copped one right on the chin which the officials missed (shocking I know) it was quite clear on the replay, just like the Austin one the night before and it had the exact same non reaction. Gower went off straight away.

Wicks looked like he was eventually head butted on the ground and he also went straight off.

Both were off the field for quite some time at a critical time and we kept losing cohesion.

That's obviously ok though cause "they came back".

Souths probably deserved to win because we executed poorly and made mistakes at critical times like we have all year but to suggest your team wasn't grubby is pretty funny.

Well done to them for getting away with it, you have no plan B so you were lucky plan A worked last night.

Delboy

First Grade
2 crucial moments cost us those 2 games...

1) the decision upstairs to hand Penrith the feed that lead to their second last try and gave them a sniff

2) Wicksy dropping the ball which lead to Souths second last try with less than 10 remaining.

These 2 coupled with the decision not to go for 2 points when up by 8 , which would have slowed the game down and we get the ball back as long as it goes dead

Gordon is not kicking anywhere near as well as in the past, and his sweeps to the left are nowhere near as dangerous as they should be ( seems a bit light to take the line on when Semi is not open, what waas our old fullbacks name again :) )

Kornstar

Coach
Gordon is still clearly struggling from that cork a few weeks ago and that is why he has changed the way he is kicking. It's heavily strapped.

I am furious about one thing though, and it's already been mentioned a few times, but that tackle on Edwards by Inglis was just a pure act of thuggery, and I'll be very disillusioned with this game if he doesn't get at least a week. It was a deliberate forearm to the head.

Two words: Protected Species. There are a number of players who are well looked after - but if Edwards did that on Inglis, 2 week suspension.

Sadly we don't have any protected species.......need players who are love-childs of the media

strider

Post Whore
Id like to see a stat of when we score our points in games ... we dont seem to score much down the back end of games

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Why did Norman put a nothing kick on the third tackle gifting them good field position? It was as dumb as Foran's similar kick in the Panther's game. They are elite halves on big money, surely they can count to 6? Or is the trainer sending out the message to kick early?Both of those shit kicks had a big impact on each game

Again it comes down to field position. I couldn't understand that kick on the 3rd tackle, even though, I think Parra's next set they were in their half, but still you build momentum from good kicks putting the pressure on Souths.

Something they need to improve on.

Gronk

Staff member
WTF

Michael Carayannis ‏@MCarayannis 42m42 minutes ago
Isaac De Gois and Beau Scott charged with grade one tripping but both will escape bans with an early guilty plea

phantom eel

First Grade
WTF

Michael Carayannis ‏@MCarayannis 42m42 minutes ago
Isaac De Gois and Beau Scott charged with grade one tripping but both will escape bans with an early guilty plea
tumblr_n87km9aXDa1txxlaqo1_250.gif

strider

Post Whore
Beau did stick his leg out ... dunno when IDG did tho

But if they dont cite Inglis then fmd that will just about do me for this season

Strangenuts

Juniors
Really? Any incidents you have a problem with in particular that you feel were missed? I thought we were physical without crossing the line. Remember lads, this is rugby league - its a contact sport!

Thanks mate. I thought he lost the ball but in saying that we got penalised a few times for stripping/hands on the ball when in fact the Parramatta player lost it. These sorts of penalties have become a bit of a lottery! Ben Cummins didn't help by putting massive pressure on himself early on by getting involved far too much when it wasn't warranted!

With regards to the Adam Reynolds try, the rule states you are allowed to ground the ball for a try with your upper torso. It is a bullshit rule but by the letter of the law it should have been a try. Ben Cummins sent it up as a try but the bunker somehow conclusively determined that the ball came off his arm before he grounded it with his torso. I'm not so sure how they managed to see the ball come off his arm. They must have some bloody good cameras in that bunker.

I think you summed up the game pretty well. You guys were not bad at all. It was a game of football played to a very very high standard. If you guys were playing against the Broncos, Sharks or Cowboys I think you guys would have won. Its just that we were absolutely desperate as well after some of the most humiliating performances in the clubs recent history over the last few weeks.

To be fair, I think Norman does that quite often. While he does come up with moments of magic, he also comes up with a fair few shocking plays. I said it a few pages earlier in this thread that I think your better off letting Norman go to the Roosters and trying to get Ryan Matterson back.

By the way I also think that you guys made a mistake in not taking the 2 points at goal; both sides were tiring and taking the two would have not only extended your lead but ensured that you retained possession.

You guys had the better of the luck in regards to refereeing decisions. There was nothing in the Inglis elbow to the head and even if you did have a problem with it. It got penalised anyway so you can't really say that it was missed or that you got ripped off.

I already said before that the Semi thing could have been an 8 point try but probably wasn't because there was no intent there to collect him high; the guy was just coming across to make a covering tackle but accidentally clipped him. Once again, if you have a gripe with that, I could point to the fact that Beau Scott was penalised for tripping Adam Reynolds.

That disallowed Adam Renolds try. The flunker ruled he knocked it on with his forearm before grounding it with his torso. In this case they got it absolutely correct. You can see the ball clearly brush his arm if you watch the replay. While the refs got a lot of things wrong they were on both sides and it is not a reason to excuse the loss. Souths deserved their win and played well. It's a shame we lost as at 20-6 it was obviously there to be one.

Malabar Eel

Juniors
That disallowed Adam Renolds try. The flunker ruled he knocked it on with his forearm before grounding it with his torso. In this case they got it absolutely correct. You can see the ball clearly brush his arm if you watch the replay. While the refs got a lot of things wrong they were on both sides and it is not a reason to excuse the loss. Souths deserved their win and played well. It's a shame we lost as at 20-6 it was obviously there to be one.

won

Pommy

Coach

It wasn't that clear to me. Im not disputing the outcome it probably was the correct call I just don't believe it was conclusively shown that it did hit his arm for them to over turn the on field decision. Watched it again this morning and the foxtel commentators seemed to agree it wasn't conclusive, I just want the bunker to be consistent.

Any way it was my first time at Para and I really enjoyed the experience. Good crowd and it was nice to be sat in a stadium that wasn't empty for once. Look forward to going back after the rebuild.