What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Eels

souths_pride

Juniors
I also think we need to applaud the performance of Jack Gosiewski! He looks like a promising back rower - the wide running type that is very elusive!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I generally try not to bag the refs. They have the hardest job in the game.

But tonight was one of the most inept performances I've seen from referees in a long time.

Correct mate. It was disgusting. Eg You get penalised for tackling the arm and told its a head high shot.

We have had terrible calls a lot this year.

rabbitohs95

Bench
How good is it being back in the winners circle?!

Everyone gets my points for this week. Sure, Auva'a had some pretty terrible moments but I think he made up for it by the end.

I really like the fact that Keary came off the bench it reminds me a lot of 2014 when he'd come on and add some spark, which was pretty much what won us the game!

It's going to be interesting to see the lineup for next week, but man is it good to have the monkey off our back. Even though it's only been one week, I think we're in for a winning run.

GGTSS SSTID LETS GO RABBITOHS

DiegoNT

First Grade
I don't have a problem with how Auva'a played last night. The only thing i can fault him on last night was the unforced knock-on but he made up for it in the end. He was lined up against the best left edge attack in the game and he handled it well. To put things in perspective, Carter, who's assignment for the game was to handle that left side attack as well, missed 9 tackles but you would still say Carter got the job done as well. They attacked that side all night, 1 try was from radrara out leaping oldfield, one try was scored immediately after oldfields injury (we had Reynolds defending on the wing) and auva'a didn't stop mau's offload (far from the only player this season), and the other try was a good set play that took advantage of the fact turner was at centre and inexperienced in that role. As for the good, auva'a is starting to get that aggressiveness back in his runs, he scored a try and his hit on wicks was a big moment in the game.

Curns13

Juniors
I don't have a problem with how Auva'a played last night. The only thing i can fault him on last night was the unforced knock-on but he made up for it in the end. He was lined up against the best left edge attack in the game and he handled it well. To put things in perspective, Carter, who's assignment for the game was to handle that left side attack as well, missed 9 tackles but you would still say Carter got the job done as well. They attacked that side all night, 1 try was from radrara out leaping oldfield, one try was scored immediately after oldfields injury (we had Reynolds defending on the wing) and auva'a didn't stop mau's offload (far from the only player this season), and the other try was a good set play that took advantage of the fact turner was at centre and inexperienced in that role. As for the good, auva'a is starting to get that aggressiveness back in his runs, he scored a try and his hit on wicks was a big moment in the game.

With all the injuries we have, we have to keep him in the team. He has a heap of potential, hopefully last night bring some confidence back to his game. He plays best when he plays aggressively, but that can also lead to silly penalties. Hopefully as he develops he'll work out that line.

drago brelli

Bench
Shadow, if you can read this post, about now is the time in inject yourself over onto the Parra forum. They need some serious cheering up.

souths_pride

Juniors
I'm not convinced by Auva'a. I thought he really should have done better in preventing the Ma'u offload. In saying that, I do think he came back well and put in a solid shift without being spectacular. Many people on these forums have been calling for a more potent option in the centres and I think before too long we may see Robert Jennings partner Goodwin in there.

One area of concern for me that hasn't been mentioned yet is the amount of times we failed to defuse bombs and catch the ball cleanly. I thought Neilson was shocking in this regards tonight despite playing well in recent weeks and Alex Johnston spilled a couple as well. Say what you will about Greg Inglis at fullback but one thing that he always did well was catch the ball cleanly in the air.

Wow,what a difference in two weeks,again all odds.Massive attitude adjustment and commitment shown last night.Fantastic team effort,everyone working for each other was plain to see.