What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 Vs Newcastle

mxlegend99

Referee
Roosters are trash they will barely make the 8..
32 nil over the 4th placed Warriors.

They can score some points when switched on... and Cronk loves piling points on us. They aren't the premiership threat they were supposed to be. But they're a team who can be great on their day.

I think the Roosters just have a roster and style that will really test us. Even if a worse team than us can beat them.

David brown

Juniors
Warriors without Luke and Johnson, I wouldn't take much out of that game..

They have literally the worst middle defence in the comp if we played Roosters tomorrow I think we win quite comfortably...

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Where do you come up with this shit? I have never once said 5th place is the same as 4th place.

If youre referring to the current ladder being inaccurate... then yes I still believe it is. Its the best guide we have for now. But we don't have the full story on who are the genuine top 4 and top 8 teams.

The draw so far is extremely uneven. We've faced 3 teams twice already and not faced half the competition yet. 5 teams in the top 8 we are yet to play. Likewise those teams havent faced us.

Until we've all played the 24 matches we were given in the draw. Teams are only keeping spots warm on the ladder. Hence me wanting yo see our form agsinst consistently good teams. Ones we struggle against. Storm. Roosters. Dragons. They are our real test.

Edit
Sharks also. We're better than them. But we struggle to beat them for some reason.

I said that it’s hard to beat a top4 team when your in the top4, it only leaves 3 other teams. You said that you don’t include yourself. Therefore, according to your system, team 5 is in the top4.

So to answer your question, I come up with this shit, from your ridiculous shit.

mxlegend99

Referee
I said that it’s hard to beat a top4 team when your in the top4, it only leaves 3 other teams. You said that you don’t include yourself. Therefore, according to your system, team 5 is in the top4.

So to answer your question, I come up with this shit, from your ridiculous shit.
Yeah you're talking shit. I said even if you removed us from the top 4 and put everyone up a spot we still havent faced any top 4 sides... you (or someone) was trying to make out like us being in the top 4 at like round 6 was the reason we hadnt faced a top4 side (not the fact we still hadnt played 10 sides). I didn't say 5th place was top 4.

We haven't faced a team likely to be top 4 yet because we havent faced half the competition yet. Although Souths may end up being a top 4 scalp in current form. Theyre getting better each week and the Dragons and Warriors dont look like they can sustain it.

But again... I never said you dont include yourselves in a top 4. I was humoring a ridiculous theory that we had not faced one because we were one. When the obvious reason was at the time we had played about a third of the competition..

Deadset. Im not the one who has every team that occupies the top 4 at some point as a top 4 side. There are people who think there are 8 or so top 4 sides. Im not one of them. Too many sides sit where they are midseason as a result of the draw not evening out yet And some teams sprinting off the start while others time it better and so on.

Same as we havent faced Storm. Dragons or Warriors yet. They havent faced us either. Although they have faced each other. We're the odd team out in the top 4 now.

If ever theres a season we can beat anyone. This is it. No team looks a class above the rest. Last year had a clear top 3 (Storm easily top of ghose 3) and a huge gap. This year its about 6 teams and a small gap to the next 4. With the other 6 teams belonging in reserve grade.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Yeah you're talking shit. I said even if you removed us from the top 4 and put everyone up a spot we still havent faced any top 4 sides... you (or someone) was trying to make out like us being in the top 4 at like round 6 was the reason we hadnt faced a top4 side (not the fact we still hadnt played 10 sides). I didn't say 5th place was top 4.

We haven't faced a team likely to be top 4 yet because we havent faced half the competition yet. Although Souths may end up being a top 4 scalp in current form. Theyre getting better each week and the Dragons and Warriors dont look like they can sustain it.

But again... I never said you dont include yourselves in a top 4. I was humoring a ridiculous theory that we had not faced one because we were one. When the obvious reason was at the time we had played about a third of the competition..

Deadset. Im not the one who has every team that occupies the top 4 at some point as a top 4 side. There are people who think there are 8 or so top 4 sides. Im not one of them. Too many sides sit where they are midseason as a result of the draw not evening out yet And some teams sprinting off the start while others time it better and so on.

Same as we havent faced Storm. Dragons or Warriors yet. They havent faced us either. Although they have faced each other. We're the odd team out in the top 4 now.

If ever theres a season we can beat anyone. This is it. No team looks a class above the rest. Last year had a clear top 3 (Storm easily top of ghose 3) and a huge gap. This year its about 6 teams and a small gap to the next 4. With the other 6 teams belonging in reserve grade.

You’ve just written, yet another, 6 paragraphs of absolute dribble and I’m the one that’s talking shit.

It was in response to you posting Hooks winning % against top4 sides, which I, quite rightly, pointed out is a useless stat.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who are the tough top 4 teams this year ? Dragons, Storm, Souths ( who we played and beat ) are the only 3 decent teams maybe Warriors but they are looking more like pretenders each week..I keep hearing we haven't played anyone decent which is just negativity. We are playing who ever is put in front of us and winning and we are no where near out best... We are a top 4 team guaranteed this year..

For me top 4 is us, Storm, Dragons, Souths... Though 4th-8th seperated only by F/A it is just waiting for someone to come from the pack. All the changes has made it a slow start across the comp

mxlegend99

Referee
You’ve just written, yet another, 6 paragraphs of absolute dribble and I’m the one that’s talking shit.

It was in response to you posting Hooks winning % against top4 sides, which I, quite rightly, pointed out is a useless stat.
You are talking shit. You make stuff up.

Stats are only useless to because of what they prove. We beat the bottom 4 teams... oh look all our flaws are fixed. We have proven we can beat any team now. Nevermind the fact that was never the issue under Hook.

God forbid people rrly on cold hard facts or think we should wait until thd team is tested by good teams.

I think we can beat anyone but Storm aswell. But until we do that opinions more useless than stats. As they say never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

mxlegend99

Referee
For me top 4 is us, Storm, Dragons, Souths... Though 4th-8th seperated only by F/A it is just waiting for someone to come from the pack. All the changes has made it a slow start across the comp
I cant see Souths being top 4 theyre playing well now. But I cant see them maintaining it. Dragons too.

Trouble is the teams below them dont look good enough to replace them at this stage.

hindy111

Post Whore
Hes averaging less metres with the same defensive output as last year. How exactly is that an improvement? He has declined every year since 2015.

2018: 95m and 27 tackles / 1.8 missed
2017: 110m and 27 tackles / 1.5 missed
2016: 131m and 26.2 tackles / 0.8 missed
2015: 140m and 24.75 tackles / 1.2missed

Do I want him getting more touches? f**k no. Not until he starts running the ball like the rest of our pack. I cant think of one forward who hasn't run the ball harder than him for us this season.

He's capable of it. He earned the right to represent his state and country. Now he's playing so shit theres as much chance of him wearing a NSW jersey as there is Cartwright. 0%.

Maloney has come along and performed as a star half should..Maloney has come along and proven his worth. Im hoping Tamou will do the same. If he plays like he did in 2015 he can help Maloney win us a premiership. Right now he's a passenger though

Pcm is 38%
Averaging 95 mtrs and 8.1 runs a game or 11.8mtrs per run

Rgc
Pcm is 35%
9.1 runs a game 97mtrs and 10.7mtrs per run

Vaughn 39% pcm
130mtrs a game at 10.4 mtrs per run

hindy111

Post Whore
I cant see Souths being top 4 theyre playing well now. But I cant see them maintaining it. Dragons too.

Trouble is the teams below them dont look good enough to replace them at this stage.

Sharks....Plenty put and Moylan hasnt gelled yet. Still not far off pace.

Storm,penny,Sharks,Dragons,Roosters can winnit.

Id be suprised if anyone else was close.

Souths look good but lets see with a few injuries

hindy111

Post Whore
Seasons not even at the halfway point. Hook is useless against top 4 teams which we are yet to play. And this year hes Goulds puppet as our coach. Just as he was in 2016. Im ex ited by Goulds input as our best footy since Hook arrived was in that period of 2016.

Maloney has been a great signing so far. Wish we could say the same for all our big name signings. Hopefully he avoids our injury crisis. Premiership #3 on its way for him and us.

Moylan helped Sharks beat us. Cost us 2 points. Cartwright looks like his career is all but over now. Kind of tragic really. Unbelievable how many people are getting off on seeing that to one of our most promising juniors.

No Cartwright career isnt over. I doubt anyone wants him to do bad.
Your team was to sideways. Moylan and Carty where reasons why. Now with Kikau and Maloney they punch straighter.
Guys like Cartwright can fall into the Mateo or even to a lesser degree Seph Paulo class. Seph btw is playing wonderfull football .
Carty needs to be a forward. Run hard and worry about offloads 2nd.
Worse sceanrio for him is super league. He would be a star there.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You are talking shit. You make stuff up.

Stats are only useless to because of what they prove. We beat the bottom 4 teams... oh look all our flaws are fixed. We have proven we can beat any team now. Nevermind the fact that was never the issue under Hook.

God forbid people rrly on cold hard facts or think we should wait until thd team is tested by good teams.

I think we can beat anyone but Storm aswell. But until we do that opinions more useless than stats. As they say never let the truth get in the way of a good story.

What did I make up? I was quoting you, go back through your Pages and pages of absolute garbage and read what you wrote.

You talk that much shit on here that you forget what you’ve said.

mxlegend99

Referee
What did I make up? I was quoting you, go back through your Pages and pages of absolute garbage and read what you wrote.

You talk that much shit on here that you forget what you’ve said.
Actually you didn't quote me. You didnt quote my post or even post what was actually said. You're making shit up again. Heres the actual post.
20180514_101825.jpg

If you think that's me saying 5th place counts as 4th you need your comprehension skills checked.

That was me shooting down your theory on why we hadnt faced top 4 teams In Round 6. Nothing more.

The real reason is because out of the 15 other teams to play. We had only faced 5 since we played the Eels twice at that point.

Again... don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

franklin2323

Immortal
I'm pretty happy with it. A little concerned about what happens when we get players back. The disruption could take a few games to sort out.

They are all staggered atleast. Cleary gets 2 games back than Blake back... Another 2 then Leota and Mansour. Give us a month with our top side before finals and I will be confident

MrBlack

Juniors
Cleary's return this week is huge. Not because we are lacking in the halves but because it fees up Peach to cover other positions. His utility value has been nullified whilst he has been anchored down at 6.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Actually you didn't quote me. You didnt quote my post or even post what was actually said. You're making shit up again. Heres the actual post.
View attachment 19971

If you think that's me saying 5th place counts as 4th you need your comprehension skills checked.

That was me shooting down your theory on why we hadnt faced top 4 teams In Round 6. Nothing more.

The real reason is because out of the 15 other teams to play. We had only faced 5 since we played the Eels twice at that point.

Again... don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

If you remove us from the top4, surely even you can understand that every team below us would move up? How hard is that to understand.

True or False:
If the Dragons were removed from the comp, right now, we would become No.1

As I said, this is your Bullshit, not mine. I judge a game by the strength of the team they put on the field and the form they are in. Not how many points they have accumulated over the course of the season.

Latest posts