What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Raiders

GongPanther

Referee
Thank god we got away with that.

Far out

The sore point about today is that we couldn't go on with it.

Other teams will eventually have the advantage of those 50+ scores that they put on the Raiders and it will hurt us in the table standings if we make the 8.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Unconvincing win, but a win nonetheless. I thought we looked more solid when Robinson was on for Peachey, but that was probably my bias showing. Our one-on-one tackling today, especially in cover, was poor. Whare missed a couple racing up.

Still just hanging in there in games. Nothing to convince me yet that we are going to be a team to watch out for this season. Think the Eels will roll us.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Raiders emo tears crushing the server

Yep. You would think those who followed a team as poor as the Raiders would be more accustomed to it by now.

Like us for the last few years! Actually, it's impressive how few cry-baby Panthers fans there are on match threads. Of course, I (as is my way) end up bagging my own team more in search of perfection.

The Warriors also seem to have reasonable fans.

Puntastic

Juniors
Pretty happy.

Attack looked sleek. That 3rd try was impressive.

Defence wasn't the best. We weren't rattling them in tackles and they were making good meters. Agree Segeyaro and Peachy together is a liability. Overall this will improve when Taylor and Plum are back.

The raider's tears are delicious in the game day thread.

Thank god we we won that one. Very unconvincing but I will take the win.
We need to do a lot of work over the bye period otherwise it will end up like another wasted year.

Karnivayne

Juniors
Unconvincing win, but a win nonetheless. I thought we looked more solid when Robinson was on for Peachey, but that was probably my bias showing.

Peachey has been a massive let down imo not big enough for a starting role but more of an impact player anyway, whilst a majority thought Lewis Brown was becoming an issue, not having him is a huge loss his defense and mongrel has been missing if only he got those silly penalties out of his game..

Its always hard to beat Canberra down in Canberra we didnt play well but at the end of the day we came out with 2 points leading into the bye, get some troops back vs Parra which will be a huge match and are getting our attacking combinations together.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
Pretty happy.

Attack looked sleek. That 3rd try was impressive.

Defence wasn't the best. We weren't rattling them in tackles and they were making good meters. Agree Segeyaro and Peachy together is a liability. Overall this will improve when Taylor and Plum are back.

The raider's tears are delicious in the game day thread.

We have to keep Segeyaro in the starting line up. I think he has shown enough. Taylor in for Docker, Robinson starting, Peachey to the bench would be my choice.

Blackkat

Juniors
Did anyone else catch that 2008 "highlight" before the game? After the first 60 seconds I thought..."he we go again!!"

Penrith win their typically un-winnable game.

I'll take it cause we will lose them and badly.

Karnivayne

Juniors
It's obvious that we are and have been all season,a work in progress.

We are by any means nowhere near the class and polish of the Souths or Bulldogs teams,but that will come.

And it does take time.

I see that as a good thing but at what point the season do you consider that combinations have had enough time to gel, i like having Segeyaro starting but miss the impact with him coming off the bench in saying that though we lose a bench spot by having both Segeyaro and Kingston but we have maybe 10 rounds to sort that out before the run home.

Moylan has been good in attacking plays but his defense still needs a lot of improvement, catching bombs and positioning are areas for concern but improved from last year, the Soward/Wallace combo is gelling and after years of inconsistency its good to have some solidarity to the roles.

the backline is set, unless we have injuries i cant see any changes, we have cover in Nabuli, DWZ and Naiqama which is great. The second and front row are the only areas where no one has really ensured they are a certain starter.

Good to have these issues now rather than rnd 20 but will need to be sorted in the next 3-5 rounds.

Latest posts