What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
The dreaded double header this Friday, can the Broncos finally win this fixture?

Team should be named any minute. Wallace is expected to be out (which is typical, someone always loses a big name when we play Manly) which means Hunt will start & Baptiste will most likely come in for him. Manly will likely be welcoming back both Wolfman and K. Foran which will be big for them.

Watch this space.

Mr Saab

Referee
This is dejavu

2011 - brisbane will 7 of their first 8 (with the first loss being to the Cowboys) then lose their round 9 game which was the start of a three game losing streak.

I can see the same happening in 2012.

AceAv

Juniors
Im not 100% Foran is ready to come back.. I was unsure how long T-Rex has to go on his suspension. Win or lose this game is always a cracker, I had a great time last year coming back home to do dinner/drinks+2 games in the corporate box. I think we have what it takes to topple Manly though. If last year was any kind of lesson: We need to expect them to come out firing 3x harder in the 2d half and weather that. GL both teams...

IBA

Juniors
How will Capewell go at hooker?

He's pretty small but quick from what I can remember...

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Will be good to see Capewell in action. It looks to be a little unfair on Baptiste - he has done a solid job filling in when asked to...

Overall, I am worried about this one. Just hoping for two competitive games so the night is a fun one for all the fans.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Interesting decision with Capewell, is it possible that Hunt or Norman is also under an injury cloud or is just purely because Griff doesn't want to rush Baptiste. Whats the news on the Manly line up?

IBA

Juniors
I was thinking that Griffin would swap Capwell and Hunt around to give McC a spell when he needs one......

Seems a bit disruptive mid-game but probably a better option.

Does seem funny they didn't stick with Baptiste. He was pretty average in that raiders game but has been outstanding in his other outings for the Broncs.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Wrong decision with Baptiste imo (assuming he is not injured or something). Just because he has one average game doesn't mean he should be dropped.

While Capewell excels at QLD cup, I certainly hold my reservations for him at NRL level...

Maybe Hook is giving each of them experience so he can call on anyone if needed?

AuDragon

Juniors
I have learned to believe in the motto: "In Hook we trust"

Capewell has been going great guns at Redcliffe and practically destroyed Norths (with Baptiste) on his own last weekend in the Qcup.
Despite his size, I'm not sure he won't be the one relieving Macca at dummy half, as it might prove too disruptive to move Hunt to hooker just to accomodate Luke in the halves...

Going to be a massive game against a Manly side almost at full strenght if Kieran does play, can't wait!
Here's hoping we'll break the double fixture voodoo.

Big Pete

Referee
Wrong decision with Baptiste imo (assuming he is not injured or something). Just because he has one average game doesn't mean he should be dropped.

While Capewell excels at QLD cup, I certainly hold my reservations for him at NRL level...

Maybe Hook is giving each of them experience so he can call on anyone if needed?

Agreed.

Not only don't I rate Capewell but I don't like playing a utility who can't play hooker. It causes too many changes and our structure is very close to settling.

Hook is obviously rewarding form here but I can't help but think this won't work out.

Behold

Juniors
If Capewell has been playing well, I don't see why he shouldn't be on the Bench. Last time Baptiste played he would have been on the field 20 minutes tops. Capewell offers a lot of positional coverage, even though he isn't as good as Baptiste at hooker he offers better coverage if someone gets injured. A few players will be carrying niggles this far into the season, Hoffman and Maccas ankles come to mind and Beale has the yips under the high ball. Some versatility is what is needed.

On a side note - I am hoping during the Origin period we play some games with Hunt, Macca, Norman and Wallace on the field at the same time. With Hunt and Macca interchanging between lock and 9 if Parker and Gillet are both selected for origin.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
If Capewell has been playing well, I don't see why he shouldn't be on the Bench. Last time Baptiste played he would have been on the field 20 minutes tops. Capewell offers a lot of positional coverage, even though he isn't as good as Baptiste at hooker he offers better coverage if someone gets injured. A few players will be carrying niggles this far into the season, Hoffman and Maccas ankles come to mind and Beale has the yips under the high ball. Some versatility is what is needed.

Yeah this'll be a real test for us. Look forward to seeing Capewell play as know bugger all about him and never seen him play?
Hopefully without Wallace we can get our kicking game in order.
Beale isn't the only one with the yips under the high ball. Manlys fullback Stewart have seen him have some shockers when pressured with the opposition steaming down on him! Even lets the odd ball bounce - not like our safe as houses Hoffman that's for sure!
If Wallace was playing i'd say we'd win this one but we'll have to be on top form right across the park. We just have to start off well and keep those dirty sea eagles under pressure.:p

GoTheBroncs

Staff member

I see your point but "Capewell playing well" is not surprising as he always excels at QLD cup level. Just last year his formed was labelled as "irresistible" and so the Titans "had" to get him back into the NRL side. But when he got there he didn't really do much... Some guys are just stand out and QLD Cup level but can't make the step up to NRL and be a consistently good player at that level.

I don't really feel that strongly about it and it won't cost us a game, but I just feel that in the future I see Baptiste having more impact at NRL level compared with Capewell. And Baptiste was already showing good signs at NRL level last year.

I am bit of a Baptiste fan though... * hides *

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Think you're being a bit harsh on Capewell. He's no star but can do a job. You have to remember he only comes in when there's a few injuries or Origin commitments etc so the team has a higher chance of losing. Hence, he's more likely to attract criticism if the side (Broncos, Bunnies or Titans) is losing.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Just read Capwell's been around for awhile playing for a couple of other clubs in the past. Name sort of rang a bell but i can't honestly remember him standing out as a player for Souths or the Titans etc?
Anyway seems he's in good form at the moment so hopefully he'll put in a good one.

Latest posts