What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs. Sea Eagles Discussion + Voting

Mr Fourex

Bench
3. Norman - I want him to play like this when Wallace is on the field. Twice now he has really stepped up when Wallace was out. He is a super talented player.

Wallace is holding Norman back.........

Almost in the same way like all the Wallace fan bots used to say Lockyer was doing to ole Pete.

:sarcasm:

IBA

Juniors
Wallace is holding Norman back.........

Almost in the same way like all the Wallace fan bots used to say Lockyer was doing to ole Pete.

:sarcasm:

Hahaha... Nice try Fourex...

Norman plays second fiddle to Wallace and I don't think he should. He'll learn more and more to pair with Wallace and when he does, that is an excellent halves combo. His two best games have been when Wallace is out and it's when he feels he needs to stand up to compensate for the very average Ben Hunt...

Even you can't defend him tonight. That is not an NRL level half back.

Mr Fourex

Bench
The loss tonight can be attributed to Ben Hunt......?

Sure a couple of early kicks were shockers

...still,

didn't think he played that poorly.

Very Wallace like performance for mine.......

AuDragon

Juniors
I've already deleted the recording, and won't watch a replay. Just can't go through this again. Can't believe how fortunate Manly are against us!

We should've won the game, we completely dominated them.

But we defended badly on the fringes, Parker missed 4 conversions, and we missed the cool and calm of Wallace at critical times.
Norman stepped up and he's going to be a superstar. Of that, I have no doubt!
Hunt on the other hand was shown up for what he is at the moment: A hooker sub. We had at least 3 sitters in the first half that he completely screwed up with horrible kicking.
Anyone thinking that we are anywhere near the same team with him instead of Wallace is absolutely delirious.

McGuire, Gillett and Glenn also deserve high praise for their efforts, as well as Hannant and Parker, who had a monster of a game if you disregard his kicking. As filthy as I am at him, and trust me I am... He must be eating himself up at home right now, and I doubt he will get much sleep, so I'll go easy on him.

We definitely need to improve on our defense, but let's not forget we were suddenly defending with Beale, Gillett and Hunt on the right hand side, as opposed to Yow Yeh, Hodges and Wallace. Makes a huge difference!
I don'think Copley was that bad. There wasn't much he could do aganst the tries scored on his side. I thought the other side was much worse and it was where Manly got most territory in general, including the last minute dash from Matai.

All in all, a fantastic game that I would've loved to watch and watch again, was it not for that last minute where the win was stolen from the better team...

3- Norman
2- McGuire
1- Gillett (doesn't get more because of the couple of bad defensive reads on the fringe)

IBA

Juniors
Not at all can it be attributed to him - I never said anything like that. The teams defence as a whole was lacklustre and I find it hard to acknowledge a lot of points scored from kicks. The attack could have been much better. There was a lack of organisation and purpose from almost everyone out there. Couple that with us missing 3 of our best players, poor goal ,kicking and playing a top team - it's a tough ask.

I was talking on Ben Hunt as an individual player, I thought he was one of our worst. Didn't do much to get out defensive or attacking line in position, kicked horribly, I don't think there was a redeemable one in the entire game, and he was solid at best with some support play.

I like the kid, I love the way he runs the ball. That said, I think it was far from his best game. At the moment he isn't an 80 minute half back of a top 4 NRL team. I don't think I'm being too harsh saying that.

AuDragon

Juniors
The loss tonight can be attributed to Ben Hunt......?

Sure a couple of early kicks were shockers

...still,

didn't think he played that poorly.

Very Wallace like performance for mine.......
eternal-facepalm-eternal-facepalm-facepalm-captain-pickard-demotivational-poster-12422642591.jpg

Mr Fourex

Bench
I like the kid, I love the way he runs the ball. That said, I think it was far from his best game. At the moment he isn't an 80 minute half back of a top 4 NRL team. I don't think I'm being too harsh saying that.

Reasonable comment,

(although against the Raiders, Hunt was one of our best along with Norman, which is what I assume you are referring to as one of Normans best two games and you noted they were without Wallace....getting in the road)

Let's move on.........

Big Pete

Referee
Away from his attacking kicks I thought Hunt was solid for us tonight.

We missed Wallace's experience but there's plenty to like about Hunt's game too - really like how direct he plays at times - he runs the right angles and tends to get our fringe forwards running over the advantage line, an area Wallace tends to struggle in.

EDIT - Useless knowledge: Dunamis Lui was 19th man tonight.

Last edited:

ranga68

Juniors
Good game apart from the loss, I tought that Mcguire may have played himself into an origin slot being that he keep Petro off for most of the game.
3. Mcguire really stood up tonight pwerful running
2. Norman nice class with the boot
1. Hannant hannant continues a fine year.

Behold

Juniors
Not going to give Copley a hard time he carried the ball well, it was clearly a tactic for him to defend so deep on the fourth. I assume Manly have been kicking behind the opposition winger down that side a lot. We were poor in defence across the park, he need to come up and with more speed. Hunt was good without being outstanding his kicking was a little off, but his movement across the field was much better than what we get from Wallace who is rigid in his attack. Hunt at least swaps sides of the field. We need a new play rather than the run around from Hoffman who got shut down a lot. Parkers kicking has been poor since he got injured, might be time to let Wallace or Norman have a stint for a little while. Gillett was great in attack but really poor in defence, this was always going to happen though with the two players in new positions being next to each other in the line. I think McGuire might have played himself into the origin team tonight, Petro played 25 minutes tops. Parker made a lot of strong carries but his goal kicking was disappointing and cost us the game. Macca was solid but faded in and out of the game, Capewell showed nothing that begs for him to be picked again.
3. McGuire
2. Hannant
1. Norman

Both Hannant and McGuire were immense tonight really dug in hitting the ball up they both chased and defended like men possessed. Norman was great really steps up with the additional responsibility, I just wish he would play like this when Wallace is on the field. I think with Hodges we win this game by 12+ he would have destroyed Matai and most likely thrown him into touch a few times if Matai tried to run around him. I don't think Wallace would have changed the scoreline apart from we might have given him the goal-kicking duties quicker than we gave them to Norman.

Also what was with all the high shots from Manly, and the working of the head and neck on the ground. I really dislike these grubby tactics. The NRL needs to do something about players being run off the ball, Manly did it all night, they would head towards the ball then stop. I think they should be fair game if they are shepherding the catcher. Thaiday got it right barging them out of the way and that dangerous position in the tackle on Stewart was an absolute joke.

As a Queenslander, I hope Brett Stewart is picked for NSW in origin he was shocking tonight.

Eric Galt

Juniors
You just couldn't handle the 6 day turnaround. Fancy someone with Thaiday in their:lol: team complaining about players being dirty. Keep whinging loser.

Country Bronco

Juniors
I was sitting in the kitchen last night pondering the loss when my partner returned home cause she doesn't like to watch footy and had gone out to a friends place. Since the game had finished I had thought in anguish over the game we should of won. But when she asked me "How did the Broncos go?" I said to her that Manly had won and what tipified the game was a moment in the 2nd half. The Broncos had put up a bomb close to the tryline and there were four or more Broncos players and one Manly player and the ball bounced into the manly player hands. Sometimes you don't get the bounce of the ball and that's what happened.

3.McGuire
2.Norman
1.Glenn

gUt

Coach
Gotta be pretty happy with that loss as far as losses go. We were the better side despite having key people out. Cracking game anyway and I think we'll get them next time.

gUt

Coach
You just couldn't handle the 6 day turnaround. Fancy someone with Thaiday in their:lol: team complaining about players being dirty. Keep whinging loser.

Yeah Thaiday is a known cheap shot merchant and a dirty player. Piss off dickhead.

Leagueaddict

Juniors
Where did we lose this one? Was it when there were 2 minutes to go and we were 2 points ahead and Mc Cullough dribbled a kick near their line ( I think on the 4th ?) instead of playing it safe. Was it due to Parkers aimless right boot, Gilletts missed tackles or Mc Guires knock on near our line with the clock ticking down? Or our terminally vulnerable right side...or was that left?

Before the match I was optimistic even though hearing Hodges wasn't playing was a bit of a blow. But after the first 5 minutes it looked like our confidence was down from the start. And even in patches when we picked up our game you just knew when Manly were in our half they were dangerous and always close to scoring. We just didn't come up in defence especially defending our own line. Manly looked the better side but made loads more errors which we unfortunately only half capitalized on. IMO we lost this one completely due to our defence...or lack of.

Hunt was ordinary, Norman better, Hoffman safe and always a live wire, Reed played well, Gillet full of guts but Josh McGuire had a blinder and gave all night ( except for that 1 crucial blunder).

The pressure relief on the night was seeing Jeff Toovey blowing a valve or two in the coaching box. The biggest laugh though was after one of Gus's long meandering inane waffles the mrs piped up and said "i wish that guy would shutup and shove the football up his own arse" - man that brought the house down! :lol: Where's Vossy when you need him? Channel 9 hasn't a clue.

Hodges and Wallace out was just too much experience left off the park for us.

3. Josh Mc Guire
2. Gillett
1. Norman

Latest posts