What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Storm

Gareth67

First Grade
Well one thing that was proven right - we did get a player sent off plus that loose cannon McGuire got 10 in the bin . Good to see the Storm are indeed angels , A- holes !

Considering all the obstacles placed in our way the boys did show some spark , although there’s a hell of a long way to go yet .

Disappointed with the final score line , but geeze what can one expect when your a man down for , most of the game and with the ‘ cannon ball ‘ cooling his heels for 10 minutes plus the Duff when a hyperextended elbow - by the way , how did that occur ?

A said by others - many changes to the team next week , they must regroup , put the loss out of their minds and think about their next game.

Gareth67

First Grade
Well one thing that was proven right - we did get a player sent off plus that loose cannon McGuire got 10 in the bin . Good to see the Storm are indeed angels , A- holes !

Considering all the obstacles placed in our way the boys did show some spark , although there’s a hell of a long way to go yet .

Disappointed with the final score line , but geeze what can one expect when your a man down for , most of the game and with the ‘ cannon ball ‘ cooling his heels for 10 minutes plus the Duff when a hyperextended elbow - by the way , how did that occur ?

A said by others - many changes to the team next week , they must regroup , put the loss out of their minds and think about their next game.

thebigredv

First Grade
Agree but losing Dufty for a number of weeks is disappointing. Hope common sense prevails on the Rava report. Otherwise with both of them out we will struggle in an otherwise win-able match.

jeffdragon

Bench
The macguire tackle on addo Carr was bullshit.
It was not a penalty,Hook agrees.
When jacks got injured on Kerr, bird when down without the ball and nothing .
I know the game was gone but rules are rules.

Last edited:

George Sancti

Juniors
I guess what could have gone wrong this afternoon did go wrong. The effort was there and clearly the players are trying to follow the game plan. I would like to see our two latest recruits relegated to the seconds and if Sullivan is fit, then bring him into the starting 13 in place of Norman.

2010Dragons

Bench
The storm will have 14 on the field…..
We have hometown referee Peter Gough again.
This arse hole ripped us off in the sharks game. Ramsey try
He also ripped us off in the parra game too. Bird try.
Gough’s partner in crime clunker bunker boy Steve chiddy got dropped this week. Chiddy is the idiot in the bunker who didn’t see the knees in the back of Hutchison. Amazingly when coach robbo had a whinge. The NRL Referees coach sacked chiddy.
hook is a too nice of a guy… he needs to whinge and bark like robbo, Bellamy and get this half wit f**k wit park footy referee away from our team.
Mark my words… watch the penalty count and six again favour the cheating purple storm.
Just thought I would bump this up again. I expected the game officials to f**k us over but didn’t expect it to go all the way up to the CEO.
I’m surprised we only had 1 player sent off. The way Alexander was carrying on it sounded like our boys just committed murder. Why are these commentators so anti dragons?

thebigredv

First Grade
Can't work out this team. We played heaps better than last week and yet look at the two scoreboards. We need to string some wins together like never before. If we can stop the injuries I don't see why we can't, if we internalise what we learnt from today's game.

Ramsey isn't impacting games enough for mine. Think if Feagai didn't get injured he wouldn't have been selected. Might make a good fullback. Would have to liked to see that too to find out.
Sign HYNES to fullback . Dufty to Five Eight. get rid of Norman...

This would be ideal, Dufty with his hands on the ball more often would be great (Sowie could mentor him and Tariq to protect him in defence), Hynes would be great at the back for us, but in the meantime, I'd move Lomax to fullback on his return, great under the high ball and a bit more room to attack from there. Unfortunately if Dufty's done an AC joint we won't see him for a few weeks.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A couple of points about the game and a few players.

Firstly, yes we lost, but I was really happy with the effort. After going down to 11 we should have been down by 30 at half time. No, doubt we would have, and we did, tire in the 2nd half.

Very impressed with Bird, top class player and glad we signed him.

Rava, well rocks and diamonds, but our first winger picked each week (unless suspended of course).

Young Ramsey is no fullback, wing at best atm, his defense is very suspect.

A lot of negatives about Burns. He was forced into pkaying centre, he is a back rower, not a centre. He's still very young at 22.

Norman, enough now.

Max F is also suspect tackler, not 1st grade ready yet.

Fui, Maguire & Dufty wont be there next week, I think Rava will be ok, if not geez our youngsters are going to have to step up big time. Tuesdays team list will be our most interesting for a few years.

possm

Coach
still 6th with a good run next 5 games...not over yet..
Ok, in a couple of weeks we should have Lomax and De Belin back. Maybe we'll also have all of our other players available.
1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin
14. Lawrie
15. Faamausili
16. Alvaro
17. Fuimaono

Crush

Coach
Can't work out this team. We played heaps better than last week and yet look at the two scoreboards. We need to string some wins together like never before. If we can stop the injuries I don't see why we can't if internalise what we learnt from today's game.
Very frustrating isn’t it?
We played with real enthusiasm today and went down to a very good team.
Yet when we played at home against Warriors, Tigers, Dogs we were rubbish and look disinterested.
FFS, if only we had beaten the Warriors, Tigers, Sharks with these types of efforts we would be right up there.
What team shows up next week against Sharks?

thebigredv

First Grade
A couple of points about the game and a few players.

Firstly, yes we lost, but I was really happy with the effort. After going down to 11 we should have been down by 30 at half time. No, doubt we would have, and we did, tire in the 2nd half.

Very impressed with Bird, top class player and glad we signed him.

Rava, well rocks and diamonds, but our first winger picked each week (unless suspended of course).

Young Ramsey is no fullback, wing at best atm, his defense is very suspect.

A lot of negatives about Burns. He was forced into pkaying centre, he is a back rower, not a centre. He's still very young at 22.

Norman, enough now.

Max F is also suspect tackler, not 1st grade ready yet.

Fui, Maguire & Dufty wont be there next week, I think Rava will be ok, if not geez our youngsters are going to have to step up big time. Tuesdays team list will be our most interesting for a few years.

In a positive spin, the more of our youngsters we see the better. It will also help us in regards to recruitment and retention. I have belief that Amone, Feagai x 2, Sullivan, Sloan could play a big role this year, even if only one or two of them fires.

Ramsey on the otherhand, needs a spell if we can afford to rest him. Needs to go work on a few things. But he will be back I am sure, he's too good.

Illusion

Bench
Ok, in a couple of weeks we should have Lomax and De Belin back. Maybe we'll also have all of our other players available.
1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin
14. Lawrie
15. Faamausili
16. Alvaro
17. Fuimaono
So possum you have left Dufty out of the side , due to injury or just left right out .... ? If left right out and you think Ramsey will be setting up the tries and scoring them , you have a rude shock coming .....