What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 10 vs Storm

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So possum you have left Dufty out of the side , due to injury or just left right out .... ? If left right out and you think Ramsey will be setting up the tries and scoring them , you have a rude shock coming .....
In fairness, I’m surprised that Ramsay is even in there.

Sloan is apparently the future.

The calm one

Juniors
Ok, in a couple of weeks we should have Lomax and De Belin back. Maybe we'll also have all of our other players available.
1. Ramsey
2. Matt Feagai
3. Max Feagai
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Sullivan
7. Hunt
8. Kerr
9. McCullough
10. Vaughan
11. Sims
12. Bird
13. De Belin
14. Lawrie
15. Faamausili
16. Alvaro
17. Fuimaono
Dream on

Walpole

Juniors
Great effort today but never going to beat Melbourne with 12.

Dufty was very good, our attack will be far less dangerous if he's out for a while.

Fui deserved to be sent off. It'll be a few weeks before we see him again.

denis preston

First Grade
Certainly the Feagels , Ramsey & burns need to go back to ressies to lean how to defend. We also have to acknowledge that these players ( less Burns ) and Amone have only played a handful of games against men so again not having ressies last year doesn't help us.

boardlumps62

Juniors
In a positive spin, the more of our youngsters we see the better. It will also help us in regards to recruitment and retention. I have belief that Amone, Feagai x 2, Sullivan, Sloan could play a big role this year, even if only one or two of them fires.

Ramsey on the otherhand, needs a spell if we can afford to rest him. Needs to go work on a few things. But he will be back I am sure, he's too good.
As much as I like Ramsey's attitude I just would like to see more muscle on the boy.

Crossbow

Juniors
I cannot fathom how stupid Maguire
Fui are.They lost that game for us in the first 12 minutes.I really don’t no how I can follow these muppets.Dufty looks gone
Rava out again for shoulder.Sims and Maguire on report as well.They look like they might get a couple of weeks.

jeffdragon

Bench
Very frustrating isn’t it?
We played with real enthusiasm today and went down to a very good team.
Yet when we played at home against Warriors, Tigers, Dogs we were rubbish and look disinterested.
FFS, if only we had beaten the Warriors, Tigers, Sharks with these types of efforts we would be right up there.
What team shows up next week against Sharks?

I don't think we can stay in the 8.
We have a hard run at the end of the year.
I would have been happy for us to have won 1 more game at this stage
Hope we dont play the sharks into form.
Who will play fb?

Illusion

Bench
Great effort today but never going to beat Melbourne with 12.

Dufty was very good, our attack will be far less dangerous if he's out for a while.

Fui deserved to be sent off. It'll be a few weeks before we see him again.
Mate with Duff out I dont see where the points will come from .....

The reality is the comp is multi tiered:

Tier 1: Storm/Panthers

Tier 2: Souths/Parra Roosters

Tier 3 everyone else except Broncos/Bulldogs/Cowboys

Tier 4: Bulldogs/Broncos/Cowboys

We need to be realistic when assessing where we stand. We have multiple deficiencies in our squad.

Hook is doing well with the cattle he has.

We need at least 3-4 top liners to move the team into Tier 2.

Loved the heart and effort today.

But heart and effort won’t be enough to compete at the highest level.

Gareth67

First Grade
I'm not feeling negative after that game. Hook and the boys looked like they had a game strategy, when was the last time you could say that about a Dragons side? Boys put in the effort. Thought Fuimaono was unlucky, Papenhuysen fell into that tackle. McGuire is a liability.

Agree Johnno , he runs with his head way up in the air , Fuiomano’s tackle undoubtedly collected him , but I have seen far , far worse this season . He will collect 3 - 4 weeks on the sideline as a result , as the judiciary will make an example of him and what better player than one that wears the Big Red V .

Last edited:

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Next weeks team could be anything. If I’ve heard it correctly:
Dufty: ACL gone for a number of weeks
Rava: on report, Sims: on report, McGuire: on report. Fuimiano: sent off
Likely then team could well need to be;
Ramsey
Faegai
Faegai
Bird
Anyone who can run
Norman
Hunt
Alvaro
Kerr
Ford
Lawrie
McCullogh
Vaughan
Bench: Ellis, Famasuli, two other forwards of some type.....

Looking might skinny all over the place

Dragsters

First Grade
Mate with Duff out I dont see where the points will come from .....

Yep. Without Lomax and Dufty the try assists can only really come from the 6 & 7.

Hunt looks to regaining his mojo a little more each week post injury. He did a lot of hard work tonight.

I have very little faith in Norman creating anything.

Time to bring in Sullivan to 6 if fit, if not then Amone.

We will need a creative 6 over the next few weeks...

Ghostrider22

Juniors
Well one thing that was proven right - we did get a player sent off plus that loose cannon McGuire got 10 in the bin . Good to see the Storm are indeed angels , A- holes !

Considering all the obstacles placed in our way the boys did show some spark , although there’s a hell of a long way to go yet .

Disappointed with the final score line , but geeze what can one expect when your a man down for , most of the game and with the ‘ cannon ball ‘ cooling his heels for 10 minutes plus the Duff when a hyperextended elbow - by the way , how did that occur ?

A said by others - many changes to the team next week , they must regroup , put the loss out of their minds and think about their next game.
Hey Gareth67 I told you so geez I dislike the purple cheats, tonight proved it.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Pretty harsh by a number of people on here. 12 players & 11 at one point. I thought it was great to see us fight really hard, unfortunately it blew out.

Interesting to see what happens next week. Not sure if Sullivan is fit yet; there was some talk of him playing at 1 in pre season - not sure how true that is.

It’ll be hard to move Bird out of the centre’s given how depleted our back line is, but without Dufty we need Bird with ball in hand.

Maybe Amone to 6 and Norman to 1.

I must say I found it so odd to see McCullough taken off. I assume it was tactical due to being down a player.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fuimaono send off was fair enough, Pap went off on the medi-cart

McGuire pushes his aggression to the limit but we all wanted a middle forward with mongrel to stiffen the pack. I doubt he’ll have any charges to answer. Not sure what happened to McCulloch but McGuire filled in pretty well.

Valiant in defeat, forwards stood up & everyone tried. 14-10 down at halftime, the Ramsey no-try looked like a try to me his feet were off the ground. Another shafting by the bunker.

Hunt tried in attack but his defence is terrible, really terrible it’s actually a real problem.

Norman tried hard but he’s just too pedestrian to legitimately challenge the line. His best days are far behind him he should just retire at seasons end.

Why play Burns at centre with Feagai on the bench? Feel bad for Burns he’s made to look poor playing out of position.

Hook will probably be positive about the effort in his press conference about the effort but in reality we got hammered by a superior team that was down on troops.

Can only hope the same level of effort is there in the coming weeks so we can string a few wins together.

Ramsey to fullback let’s see what he can do, Mat Feagai to the wing.

Amone must be close to first grade we need a spark that Norman doesn’t have. Hopefully when Hook & Co go through the video he’ll see it too.

Unsainty79

Juniors
Pretty harsh by a number of people on here. 12 players & 11 at one point. I thought it was great to see us fight really hard, unfortunately it blew out.

Interesting to see what happens next week. Not sure if Sullivan is fit yet; there was some talk of him playing at 1 in pre season - not sure how true that is.

It’ll be hard to move Bird out of the centre’s given how depleted our back line is, but without Dufty we need Bird with ball in hand.

Maybe Amone to 6 and Norman to 1.

I must say I found it so odd to see McCullough taken off. I assume it was tactical due to being down a player.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Mate I know its the rule now but seriously Fui hand was open not clenched in the traditional stiff arm way and it was a high grab more than a swinging arm and imo it was marginally off the shoulder onto the head..,for mind the damage was done from Pappys head hitting the deck......Ive never condoned any form of cheap head shots or foul play but jeez the margin of error is becoming more and more smaller every week....its like the shoulder charge, when Sonny Bill and these blokes turned side on and dtopped the shoulder full on fair enough, but now if the slightest part of the shoulder comes into conract first then your gonski

Last edited:

boardlumps62

Juniors
Thought
Agree Johnno , he runs with his head way up in the air , Fuiomano’s tackle undoubtedly collected him , but I have seen far , far worse this season . He will collect 3 - 4 weeks on the sideline as a result , as the judiciary will make an example of him and what better player than one that is wears the Big Red V .
Thought Pap turned his back into Fui. Unlucky

Latest posts