What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Eels

snickers007

Juniors
Even after a pretty gutsy and courageous win 90% of the narrative on here is negative.

The Eels would be disappointed with there second half performance but I thought our defence frustrated them into errors.

This was always the case with us during Ivan's first stint here. We played ugly damn near every week, but our line speed in defence, and our first contact would force lots of errors.

If that's how we need to play, I'll take that. But we need to back it up against Manly next week.

GongPanther

Referee
Even after a pretty gutsy and courageous win 90% of the narrative on here is negative.

The Eels would be disappointed with there second half performance but I thought our defence frustrated them into errors.
Exactly. It's to be expected when you have fans that love the club that much, always find the time to put shit on the players no matter what happens. We ever win the GF again, you'll never hear from them until the next season, unless we lost the penalty count.

franklin2323

Immortal
Exactly. It's to be expected when you have fans that love the club that much, always find the time to put shit on the players no matter what happens. We ever win the GF again, you'll never hear from them until the next season, unless we lost the penalty count.

How many times in say the last 4 years can you say we actually played a good 80 mins of footy?

It isn't like the side plays like Storm or Roosters every week and gets bagged

GongPanther

Referee
Franklin you are the ‘king’ of negative. We could win the GF and you would find things to criticise and be negative about.
LOL. I generally posted similar before I saw this posting. But your right. There are some malcontented axe grinders that will NEVER be happy. I simply take them with a pinch.

franklin2323

Immortal
With Rabs and Sterlo calling the match, and Johns death riding Cleary all night, there was no other side out there but Parra.

I was at the game so didn't hear the commentary but

They had more possession
Won the penalties
Got more dropouts
Had more tackles inside the 20
We had 12 errors..

Usually that loses you games... Except they had 16.

Defence was good. Back 3 with 2 errors and 528m gained combined.. And of course to get the win was good but doesn't make the overall performance any better then it was

Scotty03

Juniors
Sauce played strong, RCG had some nice touches.
Grant back to his old which was good to see.
JFH a beast before he went off (prob best forward on ground)

Cleary easily MOM in a bog fest. Done everything he could for the win.

For the love of anything good and holy - drop KATOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never said this about a panthers hooker in my life however he is by FAR the worse hooker in the NRL.
I can recall at least 4-5 times from a rolling panthers pack that he just stopped and looked around like he had no idea what the next play was. Completely stops our momentum.
I'm not counting the "try assist" for Grant as it was forward and we were lucky to get away with it.
Stupid kicks, penalties and just all round zero clue what needs to be done. Hopeless.

Overall, we still are playing like a busted, but we got the 2 points which i'll happily take.

Scotty03

Juniors
I was at the game so didn't hear the commentary but

They had more possession
Won the penalties
Got more dropouts
Had more tackles inside the 20
We had 12 errors..

Usually that loses you games... Except they had 16.

Defence was good. Back 3 with 2 errors and 528m gained combined.. And of course to get the win was good but doesn't make the overall performance any better then it was

Plus, they did not have Katoa in their team which is also in their favour.

betcats

Referee
Fwiw I though Fui was ok in the back row tonight. Some really good tackles.

He's not a centres arsehole though.

I thought he was strong too.

That grass was very long and slippery last night, it wasn't a great game for Luai to showcase his skills, it will come though.

Fangs

Coach
Waking up as Fangs does a bit late on Friday mornings. Like many others I forgot what it feels like to wake up a winner.

I gave some very genuine cheers last night. Cleary and Mansour effort plays were great to watch. Kenny was a terrier in the middle.

Still think the finals are gone but there is some life left in this team. Loking forward to seeing Maloney/Luai next week.

tripster

Juniors
It’s weird waking up after a Panthers win. Had almost forgotten what that feeling was like. Birds singing, Eels crying, the absence of that black ball of despair at the incompetence of your football team that you harbor deep in your soul.... it’s a good day.

Gold

age.s

First Grade
Worth mentioning that the fitness seemed to be a bit better. Parra let us off the hook a few times in the last 20 minutes, but a defensive set similar to the one that culminated in the Luai/Edwards tackle would have seen us get up over the Sharks.

betcats

Referee
Worth mentioning that the fitness seemed to be a bit better. Parra let us off the hook a few times in the last 20 minutes, but a defensive set similar to the one that culminated in the Luai/Edwards tackle would have seen us get up over the Sharks.

Yep. And the Titans.

Those 3 sets we defended at the end was easily the best part of the game for me. That cover tackle looked spectacular live, Jennings was going to score for all money. On replay it didn't look as good.

franklin2323

Immortal
Waking up as Fangs does a bit late on Friday mornings. Like many others I forgot what it feels like to wake up a winner.

I gave some very genuine cheers last night. Cleary and Mansour effort plays were great to watch. Kenny was a terrier in the middle.

Still think the finals are gone but there is some life left in this team. Loking forward to seeing Maloney/Luai next week.

That fight shown will see off the spoon

franklin2323

Immortal
Yep. And the Titans.

Those 3 sets we defended at the end was easily the best part of the game for me. That cover tackle looked spectacular live, Jennings was going to score for all money. On replay it didn't look as good.

That tackle was in the corner I was sitting. He got it no one in front of him... Great urgency. The Mansour one on Fergy for me was better. Mansour was beaten and slower and a desperate lunge got him

betcats

Referee
That tackle was in the corner I was sitting. He got it no one in front of him... Great urgency. The Mansour one on Fergy for me was better. Mansour was beaten and slower and a desperate lunge got him

The TV replay did the Mansour one justice, it was fingertips just clutching the back of his jersey, you could see how desperate he was to make that play.