What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 V Eels

Black Magik

Juniors
Second half team energy was good. I enjoyed seeing Cleary and Liui running the team.

Pleased with the win. I was seriously lashing out at the dog after ten minutes.

Anyway...upwards and onwards

Pomoz

Bench
Wouldn’t it improve Nathan’s attacking game if anything?

I give him huge wraps tonight for his effort in defence & following through on Luai’s kick, but I didn’t see any improvement in his ability to test the defence with passes or kicks. It was the same old stuff.
I thought he starved Luai of the ball. We want less Cleary in attack and more Luai.

franklin2323

Immortal
I thought he starved Luai of the ball. We want less Cleary in attack and more Luai.

It is hard when Luai is a fill in. He needs an off season as starting half to work out how best to use him and what positions need to be strengthen from that

Panther Pete

Juniors
Credit it to him though, when he cops it back he just takes it. I don't think you'd see Mitchell etc. do the same.
Yeah you are right, I think Ferguson had a half smile on his face whilst copping the spray as if he knew he deserved it......don’t even start me on Latrell.

betcats

Referee
Credit it to him though, when he cops it back he just takes it. I don't think you'd see Mitchell etc. do the same.

Latrell Mitchell cops it fine most of the time, I love watching him go at it with chambers, they always shake handsa and walk off with a smile.

Like they said on the commentary Fergo really did look like he felt he was entitled to just cop that spray from saucey, he'd obviously dished plenty out himself.

betcats

Referee
Just noticed RCG topped the tackle count for us. That’s the energy we need him bring, when’s he active defensively and getting off the line fast is when he is playing well, we need him like that each week and we will be a much better side.

Edit: To’o with 74 post contact metres, very impressive.

Last edited:

Pomoz

Bench
Just noticed RCG topped the tackle count for us. That’s the energy we need him bring, when’s he active defensively and getting off the line fast is when he is playing well, we need him like that each week and we will be a much better side.

Edit: To’o with 74 post contact metres, very impressive.
His size isn't an issue if he has good timing to jump for the ball. He is another strong winger like Sauce, hopefully a bit quicker though.

betcats

Referee
His size isn't an issue if he has good timing to jump for the ball. He is another strong winger like Sauce, hopefully a bit quicker though.

Our run of short, metre eating wingers looks set to continue.

Flash, Sauce and now To’o.

forby

Juniors
Parramatta gave away 6 or 7 penalties inside their 20 last night, an obviously deliberate ploy. This allowed them to reset the defensive line each time.
This seems to happen every week. This is one reason we have so many tackles in the opposition 20.

TheFrog

Coach
I asked a friend at the club and he said the exemption was only due to Egan and Jimmy being out.

But if Nath gets picked for Origin. That's Nath and Egan out... so we should get him next week too.
Correct. But we cannot start with him, and play Katoa on the bench, which is what people are suggesting.

Panfa

Juniors
Manly just got touched up by the titans and wont have trbojevic next Thursday due to origin so we should definitely beat them at home next week.The following week we play roosters away after origin we should have everyone available and there stars will be backing up that would be a massive confidence booster if we can knock over the premiers.

Panther Pete

Juniors
Manly just got touched up by the titans and wont have trbojevic next Thursday due to origin so we should definitely beat them at home next week.The following week we play roosters away after origin we should have everyone available and there stars will be backing up that would be a massive confidence booster if we can knock over the premiers.
Wow, I love your confidence!

TheFrog

Coach
Amazing what a win does. There is much room for improvement, a lot of really stupid penalties in the first half, and a fair amount of dropped ball, although Parra were worse in that department. Manly without the brothers and DCE are certainly beatable.

Latest posts