What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Rabbitohs 22 May 2015

Noise

Coach
Sucks to lose but I thought we played well. Our defence is much better without Sandow in the line, and I'd probably stick with him at fullback in dry weather.

Really? we missed 25 tackles to their 4. And that's without Sandow in the front line.

We also made almost 300m less than Souths which indicates they won the ruck easily.

Noise

Coach
Yep. Given the conditions and opposition, we did well. Excellent defence for the most part, but Sandow in particular let us down. Wicks as well should cop some criticism, in a good defensive effort that last miss was abysmal. That said without the Sandow error we aren't in that position.

Unfortunately it may be a case of it's him or Sef in FG regardless, because of the cap rubbish

We missed 25 tackles. Is that excellent? And you can't blame Sandow for the missed tackles this week.

hybrideel

Bench
So glad this wasn't reciprocal rights and i wasn't wasting my money on these useless f**ks!

Take our licence off us and relocate the team to WA.

I know you are pissed off as we all are so i'll give you a pass but it's this type of comment from all of us which make us the worst supporters in the comp.

Wicks had his only bad game all year - not going to point fingers at him

The ones who consistent make the same errors are the ones losing us these games

Bazal

Post Whore
Now even sterlo is on the old "the effort is there" sh*t

We played well enough to win. The effort absolutely was there. Why is it such a hated thing to say? The side is trying, we're just hamstrung by dumb footballers here and there in the side. Sandow again made crucial errors, for example.

EelsFan05

Bench
Or they had 65% or the ball to our 35% in the second half. But you're right we lost the ruck, especially toward the end.

T.S Quint

Coach
Sandow copping apt of the blame (and rightly so), but no one has mentioned that idiotic attempted offload by Ma'u when we were attacking their line. They pick up the ball, go down the other end and score the winning try. Such a dumb thing to do when we are in front with only 5 minutes to go.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Four shot's at goal to three, and Souths nailed one of 'em.

That there was the difference.

Sucks, but hey.

Tony Bongo

Bench
I'm pretty sure Souths dropped the ball as much, if not more, than we did. I wasn't expecting us to be as competitive as we were to be honest and I enjoyed the game and our effort overall. It's always disappointing to lose but it's more disappointing when I feel that they haven't put in the effort and tonight I thought they did.

El Diablo

Post Whore
this team f**king sucks and they'll f**king suck next year

if Foran has half a brain he'd backflip

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
can't blame him for the dropped ball on our line, given the weather and the speed which he was travelling and the ball was at his feet
the other one however was inexcusable, which game them the field position to begin with

He should have used his feet, all good 1's do it, but Sandow is NOT a 1.
Constantly out of position too.
Bad choice by BA to put Sandow @ 1 in this weather.
Unless there is cap pressures that caused him to bring Sandow back in he should have had Robbo @ 1 and brought a top 25 winger or centre in. With all that wet weather he would have known the speed of the game would have been slowed down quite a lot, especially against Soufs without three of their excellent strike players. Such conditions are not suitable for Sandow @ 1.
Terrible coaching by BA....... unless its the cap issue...

Bazal

Post Whore
We missed 25 tackles. Is that excellent? And you can't blame Sandow for the missed tackles this week.

Compared to other games, absolutely. Where were those tackles missed? We only conceded three tries against the premiers with a 62% posession rate against us in the second half. When it counted, particularly on our line, our defence was very good.

hindy111

Post Whore
Really? we missed 25 tackles to their 4. And that's without Sandow in the front line.

We also made almost 300m less than Souths which indicates they won the ruck easily.

Thats cause they forced line drop outs and on the big plays we didnt.Kelly was unlucky when hit post. Norman with 3 to go couldnt do it. Our kicking game was ordinary compared to there's.We did not apply any pressure with our kicks.Sandow kicked a few times on the 4th that went straight too the fullback.

Mau was used better today-Early ball and looked dangerous. Jnr adds a lot of size too the side.
I think Gower back in for Fa'asso and Hoppa for Sandow is our best side.

Bazal

Post Whore
Sandow copping apt of the blame (and rightly so), but no one has mentioned that idiotic attempted offload by Ma'u when we were attacking their line. They pick up the ball, go down the other end and score the winning try. Such a dumb thing to do when we are in front with only 5 minutes to go.

What? Strip or knock on yes, but not an attempted offload by any means.....if it's the one I'm thinking of he wasn't even thinking offload, his arms were pulled away from his body and the ball came free under pressure from the defence.