What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Rabbitohs 22 May 2015

Noise

Coach
Compared to other games, absolutely. Where were those tackles missed? We only conceded three tries against the premiers with a 62% posession rate against us in the second half. When it counted, particularly on our line, our defence was very good.

It doesn't matter. It shows that the attitude is poor. Which it has been for the past 5 years.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I know you are pissed off as we all are so i'll give you a pass but it's this type of comment from all of us which make us the worst supporters in the comp.
Yeah it's the loyal fans fault for our club being the dumbest laziest joke of a team in the comp.

Chipmunk

Coach
Sandow copping apt of the blame (and rightly so), but no one has mentioned that idiotic attempted offload by Ma'u when we were attacking their line. They pick up the ball, go down the other end and score the winning try. Such a dumb thing to do when we are in front with only 5 minutes to go.

Ma'u unfortunately with that play typifies everything about Parra...

Bandwagon

Staff member
The difference is defence. We missed 25 f**king tackles. They missed 4.

Yet we still crossed the line and scored the same amount of times.

Or, if you like they didn't breach our line any more than we did theirs.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Norman's grubber on the last with two minutes left was a boneheaded play, and Sandow's rushed penalty before half-time came back to bite us.

But I honestly wasn't expecting us to put up a fight.

f**k you merkins - I'm proud of my team.

Chipmunk

Coach
They're is just too much of 2011 and 2012 about this team too. We're nowhere near close to be able to make the Top 8.

Last edited:
What? Strip or knock on yes, but not an attempted offload by any means.....if it's the one I'm thinking of he wasn't even thinking offload, his arms were pulled away from his body and the ball came free under pressure from the defence.

Strip for mine, but we never got to see a replay.

forward pass

Coach
We have lost two in a row totally due to goal kicking. Is that seven misses in a row?

We could be 4 spots higher on the ladder with just two kicks. I think we are bloody unlucky. As for everyone calling for Sandow to be dropped, why weren't you saying that about Semi last week. His game last week was worse than Sandows tonight.

I reckon we will win a few games in a row soon.

Bazal

Post Whore
It doesn't matter. It shows that the attitude is poor. Which it has been for the past 5 years.

:lol: What? They had 62% of the ball in the second half, we made 215 tackles to their 135, had 2 drop outs to none and we hung on (and hit the lead in the process) until the last five minutes. And even that was a single poor error by one player. Some of you idiots, deadset wonder if you've ever watched the game sometimes...

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
We can improve and bloody disappointing to lose. But it was 3 tries each so we must have been doing something right.

Goal kicking sucks, should have got the last two

Noise

Coach
Yet we still crossed the line and scored the same amount of times.

Or, if you like they didn't breach our line any more than we did theirs.

Yep, your right. 25 missed tackles is acceptable and shows that our attitude is awesome because we scored the same amount of tries.

They had 39 sets with the ball. With us missing 25 tackles we are missing a tackle 64% of their sets.

Bazal

Post Whore
I know you are pissed off as we all are so i'll give you a pass but it's this type of comment from all of us which make us the worst supporters in the comp.

Not the worst, certainly far and away the most melodramatic, whiny, and gutless.

T.S Quint

Coach
What? Strip or knock on yes, but not an attempted offload by any means.....if it's the one I'm thinking of he wasn't even thinking offload, his arms were pulled away from his body and the ball came free under pressure from the defence.

Looked like he was holding it out ready to offload, and then just lost it.
I've just had a mate let me know he thought it was definitely stripped (he was game enough to go back and watch it) so I'm probably wrong here.

EelsFan05

Bench
We have lost two in a row totally due to goal kicking. Is that seven misses in a row?

We could be 4 spots higher on the ladder with just two kicks. I think we are bloody unlucky. As for everyone calling for Sandow to be dropped, why weren't you saying that about Semi last week. His game last week was worse than Sandows tonight.

Sandow's played 100 more games and is on three times the coin. He is an utter failure. The sooner he isn't he dominating media speculation about whether he will/won't play the better. I'll gladly pack his stuff and drive him wherever the f**k he wants to go as long as it's no longer to Parra Stadium.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade

Semi's timing was badly out. I knew he would play much better tonight.
He will get even better next week.
Sandow has to go - he can't handle the pressure and so does not think smart in the moment when required. He has little composure.
He should not have missed that penalty just before half-time. :crazy::crazy:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yes the effort was there but again those simple mistakes. That drop ball from Sandow in Souths half really cost us in the end.

Noise

Coach
:lol: What? They had 62% of the ball in the second half, we made 215 tackles to their 135, had 2 drop outs to none and we hung on (and hit the lead in the process) until the last five minutes. And even that was a single poor error by one player. Some of you idiots, deadset wonder if you've ever watched the game sometimes...

The stat of missed tackles includes the first half too_Overall possession was not that different. 53% to 47%. If you are happy with 25 missed tackles then good for you. It is not acceptable.

Latest posts