What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 11 v Rabbitohs 22 May 2015

Kornstar

Coach
I know you are pissed off as we all are so i'll give you a pass but it's this type of comment from all of us which make us the worst supporters in the comp.

Why? Because i am sick of being the joke of the league for almost 30 years???

Have you been following what has been happening at our club in the last month? The election shit, now the salary cap shit?

We are a joke on the field as has been evident since 2011......

We don't even look like things are going to get better as with each week that passes we do dumb shit that no other team is doing consistently.

We are an embarrassment and to be honest tonight is a game i would never miss without a really good reason like a wedding or something. but this is the first time in a decade that i have voluntarily not gone to a game at ANZ (or close to home), you know why? Cause i am f**king getting over it.

If you don't like that i say take the team to Perth, then ok, i hope NRL boot all of our management from front to back, side to side and top to bottom and bring in independents because we have proven we can't run a club!

I'm sick of feeling like shit every weekend!

T.S Quint

Coach
It doesn't matter. It shows that the attitude is poor. Which it has been for the past 5 years.

I think it shows that our tackling technique is poor.
I thought the attitude was fine tonight, but once again we were let down by some little things that in the end really mattered - like goalkicking and ball security.

Noise

Coach
Looked like he was holding it out ready to offload, and then just lost it.
I've just had a mate let me know he thought it was definitely stripped (he was game enough to go back and watch it) so I'm probably wrong here.

He was definitely trying to offload. Idiotic. And representative of everything that is wrong with Parra.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Yep, your right. 25 missed tackles is acceptable and shows that our attitude is awesome because we scored the same amount of tries.

They had 39 sets with the ball. With us missing 25 tackles we are missing a tackle 64% of their sets.

While missing that many tackles is unacceptable, it does show the boys have good attitude and putting in. To miss so many tackles and only concede 3 tries means the boys are chasing hard and not giving up when they miss a tackle.

T.S Quint

Coach
Yep, your right. 25 missed tackles is acceptable and shows that our attitude is awesome because we scored the same amount of tries.

They had 39 sets with the ball. With us missing 25 tackles we are missing a tackle 64% of their sets.

Who ever said that 25 missed tackles was acceptable?

Chipmunk

Coach
We can improve and bloody disappointing to lose. But it was 3 tries each so we must have been doing something right.

Goal kicking sucks, should have got the last two

The biggest issue here was the tactics of Souths. It was simple no nonsense and wait for your opportunities. Alot of our opponents this year have played the same way and beaten us. It's a tactically smart way to play us.

Unfortunately it's going to be the way to beat us for the rest of this year at least.

Noise

Coach
I think it shows that our tackling technique is poor.
I thought the attitude was fine tonight, but once again we were let down by some little things that in the end really mattered - like goalkicking and ball security.

I believe defence is the most important part of the game.

hindy111

Post Whore
I reckon tonight showed that to be a decent half you just need a good kicking game and to move the ball around the right way. Kelly if he can improve his kicking game a bit could actually do an ok job.
On Norman against Brisbane he cost us by not putting the bomb up and the same tonight.We may not of scored but we had a chance. To compound things his kicks in both situations where poor. Good form early on in the year but not sold on him just yet after his last month of footy.

Bazal

Post Whore
The stat of missed tackles includes the first half too_Overall possession was not that different. 53% to 47%. If you are happy with 25 missed tackles then good for you. It is not acceptable.

I'm happy with the defence as a unit. As a defensive structure, it did a very good job under circumstances which have caused Parramatta sides to self destruct in the past. I would wager that many of those misses were what we called statistical misses that didn't affect the defence as a whole...but tbh if you can't see the defence was much improved then you're not watching the game

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Tonight's game is the first of possibly three black x's against Brad Arthur.
He made some terrible mistakes, the worst being Sandow @ 1 on a heavy slowed down track.
Very disappointing Brad Arthur. Hope he learns lots from this game and other f**k ups he's made so far this season.
I'll back him all the way until he hits three x's this season. Hopefully there is no more to come.

Bazal

Post Whore
He was definitely trying to offload. Idiotic. And representative of everything that is wrong with Parra.

Never mind my previous comments, you're just a grumpy little idiot. Trying to offload :lol:

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The biggest issue here was the tactics of Souths. It was simple no nonsense and wait for your opportunities. Alot of our opponents this year have played the same way and beaten us. It's a tactically smart way to play us.

Unfortunately it's going to be the way to beat us for the rest of this year at least.

I really can see how you can say Souths tactics were that good or better then ours when it was 3 tries a piece. If we win by 2 as we converted two tries, would that make any difference to Souths tactics ?

Chipmunk

Coach
I really can see how you can say Souths tactics were that good or better then ours when it was 3 tries a piece. If we win by 2 as we converted two tries, would that make any difference to Souths tactics ?

The tactic is wait for Parra to beat themselves.

Did we beat ourselves or were Souths better?

Souths just had to wait out there time and make the most of the opportunity

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Not the worst, certainly far and away the most melodramatic, whiny, and gutless.
Maybe we finally have had enough of the shit Baz, watched the game with friends and I predicted we would throw it away in the last 5 mins through mistakes and then letting them Waltz up field and score a soft as try. They asked had I watched the game because I was bang on. So predictable I really am not that upset I'm happy they had a dig. That when you know mediocrity has won out.

Bandwagon

Staff member

Nice use of math, doesn't really explain shit though.

We were leading until Mcinnes goes over untouched in the 76th minute. Untouched means no missed tackle ( missed tackles as a stat are a function of tackle breaks )

Point being, taking one stat in isolation and using it as an argument is f**king dumb.

T.S Quint

Coach
I believe defence is the most important part of the game.

It most definitely is.
But I think we defended well enough to win that game tonight. They spent quite a bit of time attacking our line and we only cracked 3 times. If not for Ma'u losing the ball we probably would have won. If not for Sandow dropping the ball at the end we probably would have won. If anyone in our team could kick a f**king goal we probably would have won.
Things like that is what lost us the game.

yy_cheng

Coach

Souths were trying to score near the post to make kicks easier.

We always try to score out wide.

Latest posts